Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

Belichick is not coming here, he refuses to give up power or he would have been the Falcons head coach already

What if he and Peters/Harris can reach a compromise? You would think BB is loving the #2 pick to get his own QB to quiet the doubters?

Something feels very off that there hasnt been any announcement yet. Either they are in complete panic mode as No One wants to come here or they are about to shock us all with someone fantastic that no one has even thought about. 

3 minutes ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

Belichick is not coming here, he refuses to give up power or he would have been the Falcons head coach already

he said he was open to it at his last or next to last press conference with the patriots. so i don't know if that's necessarily true right now.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Fans don't like coaches generally on the 2nd stint.  I am not arguing otherwise.  I am talking about league insiders, personnel guys from other teams.  Stuff that has been posted on this thread to death.

I'll just say if people think this FO is blowing it.  I can't see how anyone is sticking with Peters.  I'd bail now if I thought he was being won over by a clown potential head coach.

I don’t see a disconnect, personally. I think Peters can be a great GM. But I’m most excited about his reputation as a talent evaluator. His ability to (hopefully) built a roster. I have zero information about him that leads me to believe that if you put him (a green GM) in a room with a new owner who has only been around Mike Tomlin, a basketball guy, and Spielman—I have no reason to believe that this experienced and well-meaning group couldn’t fall for the wrong type of candidate because they’re overvaluing the attributes they’ve decided are most important to them. It could happen. Wouldn’t mean I’m out on Peters at all.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

What if Peters says this:

"BB, the offer is 4 years, 60 mil with incentives...we pick the players collaboratively with me getting final say. You pick the coordinators."

Even though he won a Super Bowl, I do not want Brian Billick as our HC. 😁

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

What if Peters says this:

"BB, the offer is 4 years, 60 mil with incentives...we pick the players collaboratively with me getting final say. You pick the coordinators."

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

A Belichick hire would be just asking for a power struggle down the line, just seems like our FO structure is deliberately set up to avoid that confrontation with a HC. Whatever BB said on his way out of NE probably doesn't hold up over the long term, he'll revert to old ways and wanting as much control as possible. Not saying he can't coach or wasn't a good coach, just don't see it here is all. 

Let's get Tanner Engstrand from the lions in for an interview, kick the tires on him. See if he has the aptitude to be a HC, let's get new blood and not try to polish a turd with Quinn or any other candidate that's been a head coach. You can polish a turd till you see your reflection, but in the end of the day is still a turd. 

If it is Quinn, I’m looking at names that have connections that could fill out his offensive staff:

Klint Kubiak - OC (connected to Speilman and Peters)

Justin Outten - TEs or RBs (coached under Quinn in Atl, coached with Kubiak in Denver)

Klay Kubiak - QB coach

Luke Getsy - Passing game coordinator (coached with Outten)

James Gregg - OL (connected via SF)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

I admit I may be in a fan island but the disrespect I see BB getting from many fans on the internet and  others outside the league, and their reasons being  "all he was is due to Brady" and " look how bad they did the last three years" is pretty flaky overall. Those two points are worth due consideration but they hardly justify the conclusion that he's some low value coaching option.

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

Totally agree with this.  Whoever hires BB will be getting a guy who's particularly motivated to prove it wasn't just Brady.

He can be motivated all he wants, motivation won't yield the results he's looking for.  Brady or no Brady, his record speaks for itself: 

• HC Browns & Patriots without Brady: 82-97
  • HC of the Patriots without Brady: 47-57
  • HC of the Patriots with Brady: 219-64

I agree that a conclusion can't be reached on record alone.  But, he had nearly complete control of that team so there's nobody else to point fingers at.  Not to mention the play on the field was, at best, lackluster.  Is that due to rotating OCs & DCs?...possibly.  But a head coach that's worth the praise should be able to coach through one player leaving and periodically repetitive Coordinators who test the waters as HCs. 

I'd rather go with EB than BB.  I'd be in favor of some suggestions of AI-guided HC decisions over BB.  BB will not win another Super Bowl.  Period.

This is all probably moot anyway as BB would want more control than Peters will give him. 

Edited by slappy434
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, actorguy1 said:

Since earlier this week Keim has said announcement coming Thursday or Friday. They don't have to announce today just because Seattle did 

Thursday the Ravens might name Weaver their new DC

16 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I admit I may be in a fan island but the disrespect I see BB getting from many fans on the internet and  others outside the league, and their reasons being  "all he was is due to Brady" and " look how bad they did the last three years" is pretty flaky overall. Those two points are worth due consideration but they hardly justify the conclusion that he's some low value coaching option.

I liken the lack of interest in Bill to the likes of when guys like Kaep, Cam, even Griffin were clearly more talented options than a lot of guys that had contracts.  The juice isn’t worth the squeeze.  Yes, likely a better coach than many others, but do you want everything else that comes with it?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

If it is Quinn, I’m looking at names that have connections that could fill out his offensive staff:

Klint Kubiak - OC (connected to Speilman and Peters)

Justin Outten - TEs or RBs (coached under Quinn in Atl, coached with Kubiak in Denver)

Klay Kubiak - QB coach

Luke Getsy - Passing game coordinator (coached with Outten)

James Gregg - OL (connected via SF)

Now the D.  :)