Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

17 minutes ago, method man said:

It says something that Quinn has not been announced yet. Doubt they love him. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are back to the drawing board

The FO is probably just trying to find a way to "break it to the fans" with the Quinn hire, in the best light possible. Not an easy task.

You know what, I change my mind. If Quinn can come here after years of enjoying Dallas's state of the art facilities and dangling showgirls, look at our dilapidated stadium, our roach-infested training grounds, and agree to HC here, then maybe he does have the grit we're looking for. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 15
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

It’s also entirely possible that they would hire Quinn because he’s the best of what’s left in their eyes.

Just because they aren’t dummies doesn’t make them immune to being boxed in and having to make what they perceive to be the best of an awful situation.

We’ll see. 

I think Weaver does most of the front work for the Baltimore D and he has a good rep and isn’t a retread. 

After him I’d rather hire Belichick.

Quinn is by no means DOA, but just as many are defending that move if it occurred and not listening to feedback, the same is the other way. I don’t think anyone will convince anyone. The only thing that can is time.

I agree with this post 

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

It was a sarcastic joke! 😂 But I do appreciate the recognition. 

😄 Well not that my previous comment matters one whit, but the fact that it was a very good joke and I really like your response is all very redemptive imv. 😉😄

• Like 1

I’m gonna be honest but BB probably the best choice . 

- Defense in NE been solid for a long while

- He does not want power anymore for any GM moves .

- Josh Mcdaniels likely comes and he’s an upgrade over Eric B 

This would be like the Doc Rivers move for Harris. And down the line we can find someone better but right now this is probably the best move . Wouldn’t be surprised if they interview him at least, I can’t see them just settling just yet .

At this point other than Weaver all the other candidates are over 50.

Edited by Commander202
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 4
  • Thumb up 2

18 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

They might love him.  They might have offered him the job.  Perhaps Quinn wants $10+ mil /yr. and a 6 year contract and they don't want to give him that.. yet.  It could be that this ownership group doesn't want to give what these coaches are wanting and getting from other teams.  That would explain a lot.

I hope ur right...6 years for a head coach who hasn't proven anything seems like too much. Gotta draw the line somewhere. How bout 4 years with a 2 year coach option if you make the playoffs in year 4 if not extended sooner by ownership?

I admit I may be in a fan island but the disrespect I see BB getting from many fans on the internet and  others outside the league, and their reasons being  "all he was is due to Brady" and " look how bad they did the last three years" is pretty flaky overall. Those two points are worth due consideration but they hardly justify the conclusion that he's some low value coaching option.

• Like 8
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

This would be like the Doc Rivers move for Harris. And down the line we can find someone better but right now this is probably the best move . Wouldn’t be surprised if they interview him at least, I can’t see them just settling just yet .

I'd be down for this except can we get someone other than Josh McDaniels for OC. Not really impressed with him at all and I think it would be good for BB to find another genius to work with.

Just now, Jumbo said:

I admit I may be in a fan island but the disrespect I see BB getting from many fans on the internet and  others outside the league, and their reasons being  "all he was is due to Brady" and " look how bad they did the last three years" is pretty flaky overall. Those two points are worth due consideration but they hardly justify the conclusion that he's some low value coaching option.

Totally agree with this.  Whoever hires BB will be getting a guy who's particularly motivated to prove it wasn't just Brady.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Agreed. Who knows maybe he's been humbled through this coaching search. Maybe he decides he's ok with a GM doing GM duties and himself just coaching. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Pretty sure I heard the same thing about Norv Turner and Ron. I don't know how genuinely valuable this is. I think it's great, if they're great, but if they're an unknown still, or a known mediocrity. Honestly who gives a -----. I mean, didn't Mike Smith do exactly the same thing as Quinn basically at Atlanta (win big, choke, and lose season to season). I mean, that's kind of lazy, but it's not that lazy. Hell Mike Smith was 66-46, and Quinn was 43-42. Same place, similar players, similar problems. I'm just not sure what makes Quinn actually special? Turning elite talent into a top 5 defense? Why should that impress me exactly? 

I don't know, I just don't find this quote helpful. People don't hate him or retain skepticism for that. That would be lazy as hell, it's more for 43-42 in Atlanta w/a franchise QB in place. Not great. I have no idea if he's good or not, but the available evidence is that he's no different from Ron. Had a ceiling season, and then was mostly crap otherwise, despite having a legit franchise QB in place throughout his prior stop. Again, why is that any different than Ron, who was also well liked supposedly. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

Belichick is not coming here, he refuses to give up power or he would have been the Falcons head coach already

3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Good point, lots of coaching openings that he was in demand for.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VRIEL1 said:

Agreed. Who knows maybe he's been humbled through this coaching search. Maybe he decides he's ok with a GM doing GM duties and himself just coaching. 

I doubt it, you can't get a leopard to change its stripes at 71 with his character. So far no one wants him, we will see soon enough.

Edited by FrFan

32 minutes ago, Probos said:

Snappy come back, maybe Jimmy Kimmel should hire you as a writer for his show.

You seem to know what's best -- so, who should they hire?

Literally anyone else besides Quinn or Belichick.....

16 minutes ago, Kalu44 said:

The FO is probably just trying to find a way to "break it to the fans" with the Quinn hire, in the best light possible. Not an easy task.

Not wrong, but a start is announce it on Friday and let the weekend and then Super Bowl week let it die down