Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yep.  I must agree.  We have to welcome Dan Quinn in, if it indeed is.  Someone posted the video of him when he was coach at Atlanta.  Did you all see it?  it was darn good!  I will repost it if you all want me too.  :)  

I didn’t fully follow Atlanta while he was coach there. However, what I saw was a coach that had an amazing OC that’s considered one of the best play callers in the league and a franchise QB already in place, lose historically in the SB and never made it back or even reach that level again. He may be a great play caller on defense, but we don’t currently have the best offensive play caller or a franchise QB, yet. of course none of that is fair to him, but he’s not that big of a get.

Edited by mh86
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

How long have you been around here man? 

We’re gonna roast Quinn and I’m gonna be right there with the gasoline. 😆

Hope Peters has a great draft. Not a great start for him. Although I would like a Macdonald hire. 

I've been on this board for 20 years.  How about you, Alvin?  Peters has a track record of drafting some very good players and he reminds me of Beathard in the day.  I'm not picking the HC, Peters, Harris and Leadership is so we need to stand behind them or you can jump ship.  I choose to stand behind them, Brother.  You? :)  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, klwilkins1977 said:

Maybe because the media is not emotional about any of this...

I agree that there are a lot of emotions behind the reason why, but when you look at the reasons why not to hire Quinn besides being a “leader of men” that’s been thrown around he’s kind of just meh

10 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

MacDonald is the prize but I like Aaron Glenn and Anthony Weaver, too. Former players who have 10-15 years of coaching experience and could be ready to make the jump.

Wouldnt hate Glenn either. He is a team player. Willing to work well with a GM. Understands the importance of a front office. And by all accounts is a good leader. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dyst said:

Varbel,

Billy B.

Pete Carroll

Jay Gruden

Dan Quinn

EB

^ There are your choices.

I dont see Weaver or MacD. Good choices still available. Lets not pretend the roof has completely collapsed on top of us yet.

Edited by CommandB11
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

HC: Dan Quinn

OC: Logan Paulsen

QB Coach: RG3

Run Game Coordinator: Eric Bieniemy

OL Coach: Andrew Wylie

WR Coach: Malcomb Kelly

This should be it's own thread - create the "All Trainwreck Team" using only past employees

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, DiscoBob said:

This should be it's own thread - create the "All Trainwreck Team" using only past employees

I love the list, but I'd replace EB with Rod "He Hate Me" Smart as our run game coordinator.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, DisgruntledLionFan#54,927 said:

Totally true. Look how many people laughed at the Vrabel and Campbell hires at the time while applauding guys like Meyer and Patricia. 

Vrabel is probably not the best choice for this argument. He’s no longer a HC and had no suitors this year.

4 minutes ago, mh86 said:

I didn’t fully follow Atlanta while he was coach there. However, what I saw was a coach that had an amazing OC that’s considered one of the best play callers in the league and a franchise QB already in place, lose historically in the SB and never made it back or even reach that level again. He may be a great play caller on defense, but we don’t currently have the best offensive play caller or a franchise QB, yet. of course none of that is fair to him, but he’s not that big of a get.

One of the ESers put a chart up and Dallas's D ranked 4th or 5th overall the last 3 years. That's not bad.  Yes, we need to nail our staff and as mentioned earlier, Klint Kubiak would be a great choice for OC.  I think it might have been @ThatNFLChick.  I could be wrong though.  Putting together a good staff and having a real time GM here can take us places. Again, like a lot of people I'd want MacDonald first but if Quinn is hired, we get behind him.