Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

27 minutes ago, Conn said:

RWJ 3 days ago after reading an article, before he read a different article and fell in love with Raheem Morris, and then read another article and fell back in love with Macdonald.

haha poor guy is in the bathroom with a pic of Quinn

J/K @RWJ

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, sinews said:

I hope Bob Myers is earning his paycheck and identifying that leadership talent. HC going to be a crucial hire now that the "forgone conclusion" is, in fact, gone.

That's why he was on the sidelines this weekend evaluating Aaron Glenn

• Like 1

Frustration and impulsive negative reactions from today is a result of being scarred by the previous regime. When we were gifted to get a new owner who in turn hires the top general manager this offseason I don't have the same knee jerk reaction if Ben Johnson wants to stay in Detroit. I can't dismiss the appeal having him as head coach, offensive mind, potential rookie QB to groom, etc. It's far from the end all be all; especially considering some of his demands and apparently commitment issues?

The rationale behind hiring the General Manager first is for them to be in sync with the Head Coach. The alignment will be there regardless of who they hire. 

My current wish list.

1) McDonald

2) Vrabel

3) Slowik

4) Glenn

5) Quinn

#3-5 are close enough for me not to gripe either way. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I know this sounds like a lover scorned trying to convince himself the girl who doesn’t want him really ain’t 💩 anyways.

But, the last thing I want is a head coach that would do this.  No matter what it is: unprecedented demands, lack of confidence in himself as a leader of men, whatever.  None of it is what you want out of your head guy.

I’d have no ill-will for him had he not led us on for weeks.  But we are now in a bad place.  Every O coach minus Slowik has been hired, staffs have been filled out.  The pickings are slimmer, all because we waited for a wishy washy dude.

Agree.  If I take him at his word, he comes off like a dude who likes the safety of the buck stopping with Campbell and staying his confort zone. If so, the dude doesn't show much leadership and ambition vibes.  

Feels like he didn't want to be a HC but heck maybe he'd consider it for crazy money.  But if he didn't get crazy money he will stick to what feels more comfortable and safe.

Screen Shot 2024-01-30 at 6.07.26 PM.png

If he doesn’t want to be HC then that’s ok with me. I’d rather have a coach that wants the job they have than someone who only took it because they thought it’s what everyone else wants. At the end of the day these are people and they need to make their own choices.

• Like 2

Let’s say it’s MacDonald. Who should we pair him with?

Tee Martin

Hank Fraley

Klint Kubiak

Frank Reich

Greg Roman

Freddie Kitchens

Eric Bienemy

None of the above?

Also SF’s staff has a ton of assistant position coaches. I wonder if we peel off many to fill out the staff.

I know this is off topic. Please forgive me mods. But reports are the Orioles have been sold. What a year for long suffering Redskins and O's fan. We do exist.

Anyway. Im intrigued about Anthony Weaver. As long as as he has a plan for OC. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

It's not surprising MacDonald nailed his interviews given how smart he is with defenses and that people describe him as a mad scientist.

"I talked to a couple of teams who interviewed him," Ian Rapoport said on NFL Networks The Insiders on Tuesday. "It sounds like he has been really dynamic in some of these interviews. I had one person involved with one of the head coach searches said, 'This was the best interview we had, by far.' He is young, he is bright, sort of the defensive (Los Angeles Rams coach) Sean McVay is how he was described to me."

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/amp/commanders_coach_target_mike_macdonald_defensive_sean_mcvay_says_insider/s1_16721_39890560

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

I know this is off topic. Please forgive me mods. But reports are the Orioles have been sold. What a year for long suffering Redskins and O's fan. We do exist.

Wow. Thanks friend. I will always be an O's fan. Just like always a Skins fan. They were my teams growing up. No need to change now. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Please be true !

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Wow. Thanks friend. I will always be an O's fan. Just like always a Skins fan. They were my teams growing up. No need to change now. 

Us life long fans of these teams really do deserve some glory......it's been decades of misery. Hopefully that run the Os had last season continues growing these next few years 

• Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  If I take him at his word, he comes off like a dude who likes the safety of the buck stopping with Campbell and staying his confort zone. If so, the dude doesn't show much leadership and ambition vibes.  

Feels like he didn't want to be a HC but heck maybe he'd consider it for crazy money.  But if he didn't get crazy money he will stick to what feels more comfortable and safe.

Agreed.  I think we’ve all had those “if they pay me X, I’d take the Y position” talks with our family and friends before.

I gather he’s happy being and X’s and O’s guy and when things got real about being a head guy, he got cold feet.  Not a trait that I want in a head coach.  Still hate this guy forever and a day for putting us in this situation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, method man said:

Michael Phillips is reporting on the Take Command pod that he has heard Slowik has been eliminated

Damn, that’s harsh. A simple “no thanks” would have sufficed.

IMG_1630.jpeg

• Haha 6

You guys are all looking for conspiracy theories on why Ben Johnson stayed in Detroit, but I think it’s pretty obvious…

Remember when Eminem threatened him with a diss track? He clearly doesn’t want any kind of beef with Em. 

Ja Rule still hasn’t recovered. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just spitballin'....

If it's Dan Quinn (who I have no problem with), the DC might be Kris Richard, who he worked with in Seattle. OC could be Darrell Bevell, who also worked in Seattle and is now under McDaniel in Miami. 

If it's Mike McDonald, the DC could be either Wink Martindale or Jesse Minter, both of whom worked in Baltimore. No idea who the OC could be. Josh McDaniels? Kliff Kingsbury?

I can't see the HC being anyone other than those two, unless they change course and interview Mike Vrabel.