Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

This is what I get for getting my hopes up. I hope Ben Johnson never gets another opportunity. **** him.

So bad.  I went from rooting for the Lions to actively hating their guts and pray this softie that would rather be second fiddle and coach Goff never gets what he wants.

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Exactly.  Go get him Washington!  Hollywood JP makes some good points!  John Keim come on down with the tweets Mac to DC as HC.  This stinks about Johnson.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rockluc said:

It’s less the decision than the timing. F him for that. 

Completely agree. I get being caught up in the passion of a downtrodden city that has been starved of success. But he could've got that here, too. If he didn't give an indication in his interviews that he might do this, it's even more frustrating. 

Still, there are candidates left and I will withhold judgement until I see the results on the field.

For all the Slowik mentions, the beat guys would have to be off if he of all people emerged.  He's the dude among the interviewees with the least buzz when these guys talk about who this team is considering.

Ben Johnson being out maybe shocks us fans.  Heck Finaly said he got a text from someone he knows at the Senior Bowl and people are stunned there from various teams.  But taking Keim at his word, it was never Johnson or bust with this FO so we should be fine.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

How can you do that twice?? Noone should even give him an interview next year. How ****ing unprofessional.

Unless it IS about the money in which case **** him anyway.

Yeah, to waste peoples time 2 years in a row is purely unprofessional.  Make your decision before the interview process and stick to it. Perhaps its a blessing in disguise as it shows a lack of maturity.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

For all the Slowik mentions, the beat guys would have to be off.  He's the dude with the least buzz when these guys talk about who this team is considering.

Ben Johnson being out maybe shocks us fans.  Heck Finaly said he got a text from someone he knows at the Senior Bowl and people are stunned there from various teams.  But taking Keim at his word, it was never Johnson or bust with this FO so we should be fine.

Slowik got his start with us, and was under Adam for a while in sanfran..no tea leaves here, it'll probably be him

• Like 1

Just now, VaK9Trainer said:

Yeah, to waste peoples time 2 years in a row is purely unprofessional.  Make your decision before the interview process and stick to it. Perhaps its a blessing in disguise as it shows a lack of maturity.

Yeah and its not just wasted time but wasted opportunity, if one of the other candidate's already taken could have been your next choice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

But were a different us now......aren't we?

Are we? :ols:

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

For all the Slowik mentions, the beat guys would have to be off if he of all people emerged.  He's the dude with the least buzz when these guys talk about who this team is considering.

Well, Johnson removing himself does change the equation a bit. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they met with Slowik again. But I think we're going to go defensive HC now... which really boils my biscuits. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So bad.  I went from rooting for the Lions to actively hating their guts and pray this softie that would rather be second fiddle and coach Goff never gets what he wants.

Yeah me too.  

Johnson comes off weird and egotistical to play it like this.  I am against that team now too.  the irony is I suspect at least one of the NFC East team jobs open next year so he might be coaching a division rival.

• Like 2

Just now, KDawg said:

Are we? :ols:

Well, Johnson removing himself does change the equation a bit. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they met with Slowik again. But I think we're going to go defensive HC now... which really boils my biscuits. 

I concur, we need an offensive coach 

3 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Adam Peters isn't working with Belichick. He came here under the guarantee of some autonomy or authority which Belichick will utterly wipe his a** with if he were brought here.

Peters cut his teeth under BB in New England.  John Lynch said BB respects Peters.  Schefter said BB only wants to coach.  Does BB really want to take a year off at his age?

Not saying it will happen, just don’t think it’s impossible. 

Just now, Curtisp5286 said:

Just to keep everyone on track, the options now are Slowik, MacDonald, Weaver, Glenn, or Quinn.

Unless they start over interviewing new candidates all of a sudden.

I think the backup plans if you listen to the beat guys:

1. Quinn

2. MacDonald

?

?

So I am going to assume that Seattle's sudden interest in Macdonald was in part because of this. It never made sense to me that they went from not talking to him to flying to meet with him. I gather it was because they had some indication Johnson wasn't happening 

• Like 1

have to assume that we fans are a lot more shocked and let down than ownership & Peters are.  They've probably known it could go this way for days if not weeks.  They are keeping things incredibly quiet.  We could all be shocked by the hire... Slowik hasn't had much talk.  Still hoping its Macdonald at this point.

Preparing for Quinn.  :(

• Thumb down 1

Just now, Tress Is The Way said:

I concur, we need an offensive coach 

Well, the caveat is we need a qualified guy to be the HC. If they don't think the O guys are qualified (or there are no O guys qualifed they can reach out to) they have to hire the best candidate. But it feels like we're going to be skimming the pool for debris a little now.

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

have to assume that we fans are a lot more shocked and let down than ownership & Peters are.  They've probably known it could go this way for days if not weeks.  They are keeping things incredibly quiet.  We could all be shocked by the hire... Slowik hasn't had much talk.  Still hoping its Macdonald at this point.

Yeah I just don't get the sense that GMAP and HOG are panicking here. There is a reason why they cast such a wide net.

Just now, Idaho fan said:

I think Quinn is that dude

• Thumb up 2