Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

I don't know where to put this, but :ols:

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/rumor-49ers-considering-benching-star-player-super-bowl-pathetic-effort/?fbclid=IwAR0nIUrih_EIqHiBTKvQIube2ScdLduHFDsZdYbjx5eemwdikVALFlLT__Y

According to the NFL Notifications account on X, defensive end Chase Young is in danger of missing out on the game following his performance on Sunday night. The former Ohio State star was exposed by Detroit Lions running back Jahmyr Gibbs on a touchdown run, having made a pathetic attempt to stop the rookie on his way into the end zone during the Niners’ comeback win. 

• Haha 11
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

45 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I was born May 1992, about four months after the last Super Bowl win. I have seen three playoff wins in my lifetime, one of which happened when I was less than a year old.

I'll bet you were so happy you wet your diaper after that playoff win?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/rumor-49ers-considering-benching-star-player-super-bowl-pathetic-effort/?fbclid=IwAR0nIUrih_EIqHiBTKvQIube2ScdLduHFDsZdYbjx5eemwdikVALFlLT__Y

According to the NFL Notifications account on X, defensive end Chase Young is in danger of missing out on the game following his performance on Sunday night. The former Ohio State star was exposed by Detroit Lions running back Jahmyr Gibbs on a touchdown run, having made a pathetic attempt to stop the rookie on his way into the end zone during the Niners’ comeback win. 

Best decision Rivera made in his entire time here was getting a 3rd rounder for Chase. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Screw you guys! I ain't coming to your OTAs!!!!

😫😩😩😩

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

I typically go by the old "a preponderance of the evidence" deal when analyzing but singular data points can deserve careful consideration, and yeah, I'm surprised the HC or DC didn't or couldn't settle that stuff down once several obvious incidents of costly excess occured.

It happened on offense too with Flowers standing and jawing over the DB after a long pass deep in the redzone that moved them back 15 yards.  It's just the way they play sometimes dirty. Always been a dirty team. Ray Lewis was in the house.Goose pretty much ended Robert's career. They just pumped it up a notch for the playoffs. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Best decision Rivera made in his entire time here was getting a 3rd rounder for Chase. 

Shen made. Ron wan't going to admit he ****ed it up. Herbert? Tua? Nope. Chase and then the sadest QB ever.

• Like 4

Just now, skinsfan66 said:

It happened on offense too with Flowers standing and jawing over the DB after a long pass deep in the redzone that moved them back 15 yards.  It's just the way they play sometimes dirty. Always been a dirty team. Ray Lewis was in the house.Goose pretty much ended Robert's career. They just pumped it up a notch for the playoffs. 

Wasn't that Haloti Nata?   Goose flattened Gannon once in the playoffs like all four wives of Orson Welles.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

15 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Screenshot_20240129_194313_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0da46602243ce10fd65ee4604d6c2b9f.jpg

Dude has gone from the most popular defensive player in the draft  to a lazy, underachieving laughingstock, who'll be fortunate to get a vet minimum plus incentives prove it type deal next year.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Dude has gone from the most popular defensive player in the draft  to a lazy, underachieving laughingstock, who'll be fortunate to get a vet minimum plus incentives prove it type deal next year.

He may end up in the UFL if he doesn't turn things around.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'll bet you were so happy you wet your diaper after that playoff win?

This is how @CommanderInTheRyeis gonna react to our next playoff win* 

*just joshin’ with ya old chap! 

:double fist:

Edited by Conn
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Screenshot_20240129_194313_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0da46602243ce10fd65ee4604d6c2b9f.jpg

Gotta make that money, big dawg.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Jim Nantz had the line of the day after the Raven clotheslined Mahomes after a pass...."We haven't seen a move like that since The Longest Yard". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It’s hysterical but isn’t this the NFL Memes page or something?  I see them quote it a lot.

Though, I can’t imagine Kyle is particularly happy with the effort he saw.  He might bench him for real.  

EDIT: seems to be corroborated by other sources.  So maybe it is true.  Would be delicious if it was.

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 2

Just now, BayouBrave86 said:

Chase Young was always a clown and was more concerned about doing Eastern motor s commercials than playing ball, so glad they got rid of him. 

I always thought Montez was the better of the two.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

23 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I tried to impart y'all with my sage wisdom on "Chase Dung" early on, on draft day infact, pointing out his lazy tendencies dating back to the college years and calling him a bust.  It was an unpopular opinion at the time, went against popular opinion, and many of you called me "mean names".  Dung is, and always has been, a turd.  I will be imparting some insights into this years draft class soon in the appropriate thread.  Be on the lookout for the truth.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Chase Young was always a clown and was more concerned about doing Eastern motor s commercials than playing ball, so glad they got rid of him. 

I remember how furious Marvin Lewis was with Lavar Arrington because he would always "freelance" and breakdown the entire defensive scheme trying to make plays. It was a very similar situation to how Chase Young's career played out in Washington....Highly hyped, top 3 pick in the draft, disappointing career. Chase likely cost himself a bunch of suitors and a lot of money with that play on Sunday and the way Shanahan is going public with it. We should hear from his dad soon.

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

I was born May 1992, about four months after the last Super Bowl win. I have seen three playoff wins in my lifetime, one of which happened when I was less than a year old.

So what I take from this is as soon as you were born we started losing …

🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 11
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Shen made. Ron wan't going to admit he ****ed it up. Herbert? Tua? Nope. Chase and then the sadest QB ever.

Actually based on all the reporting Ron wanted Chase out of the building almost no matter what and then leaked how it was addition by subtraction to … I think Standig.  

Sweat was the one he wanted to keep but Shen and Harris probably pushed more.  

But let’s not revisionist history: Young was the consensus #2 overall pick that year.  Tua had a hip issue and Herbert was not going #2.  

It didn’t work out but I don’t blame Ron for that pick.  

That said, they should have moved one of the DL immediately in that draft for something because ending up with 4 first round DL picks knowing you can’t sign all of them was roster malpractice.  Spending another 1st the next year on a LB, a second on a DT, all those + many more were horrendous decisions.  

Young wasn’t a bad decision, it just didn’t work out.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 3