Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Lol Tony Siragusa retired over a decade before RG3 was drafted. 🤣

What!!??

This should be investigated!

Goose came out of the stands, put on a jersey and helmet, then ran out on the field just so he could cripple RG3!

I'll wager Mara was somehow behind this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They wanted to talk to Johnson and Macdonald to make sure.  And there is no harm in waiting 

The harm is we hire him? I mean its the same philosophy aa the draft, if you know 100% he is your guy, go get him. 

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

The harm is we hire him? I mean its the same philosophy aa the draft, if you know 100% he is your guy, go get him. 

Yeah that wouldn't make any sense. I'd assume that Quinn is their backup plan if Johnson decides to come here instead. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

They might not know 100%.

Which is why they want to talk to Ben Johnson and Macdonald.  Who they couldn’t talk to because they were coaching. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really wouldn’t be upset with any of the candidates.  If it’s a defensive guy, I’d really like to know who the OC is going to be immediately.  That has to be announced almost at the same time as the HC.  Like Giibbs/Gregg, Shanahan/Haz, Ron/JDR.  

Not that those worked out (except the first one) but it was important to have the assistants named immediately. 

If it’s Johnson, then it’s important to have the DC named immediately.  

Either can work.  I know there will be a meltdown if it’s not Johnson.  I’m going to convince myself to have an open mind no matter what happens.  

Well. Unless they bring Jay back.  I don’t think I’d have an open mind about that.  But that doesn’t seem very likely, so I will sleep well at night.  

23 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

He also posted this same post at 5:07pm too. Call me crazy but I analyze the heck out of certain tweets.  Check out the timestamp on it below.  :)  

Edited by RWJ
  • Thanks 1

@Voice_of_Reason the more I think I about your last post, the more I feel the need to disagree because of peace of mind.

If it's an Offensive coach and they pick a really good DC, that DC will be a HC soon.  If it's a Defensive coach and they pick a really good OC, that OC will be a HC soon.

It's more important to me we pick someone who is a good judge of building a coaching staff around them, motivating players, and being aligned with the GM. 

Someone we can trust to pick that coordinator position in the first place versus having to do it for them or worse dig folks out the grave for them like that Bingo dude.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Voice_of_Reason the more I think I about your last post, the more I feel the need to disagree because of peace of mind.

If it's an Offensive coach and they pick a really good DC, that DC will be a HC soon.  If it's a Defensive coach and they pick a really good OC, that OC will be a HC soon.

It's more important to me we pick someone who is a good judge of building a coaching staff around them, motivating players, and being aligned with the GM. 

Someone we can trust to pick that coordinator position in the first place versus having to do it for them or worse dig folks out the grave for them like that Bingo dude.

So, who do you want as HC?  Ben Johnson, Mike MacDonald or another candidate and who?  

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

So, who do you want as HC?  Ben Johnson, Mike MacDonald or another candidate and who?  

Ben Johnson, MacDonald, in that order.

I don't care whoever they pick as coordinators because if they check the boxes our new GM has mentioned this will take care of itself.

I dont want the staff build to be rushed unless it has to be.  I've waited 30 years, I'm not gonna underestimate the new owner and GM combo with impatience and anxiety over the coordinator positions.

Good ones will be poached like we talking of doing right now to other teams for our HC position.

3 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Can we just trade the next 10 first rounders for Andy Reid and Mahomes? 

I'd almost rather have the Ravens DC because he figured their ass out the other day and Baby GOAT gonna be a problem for the next decade in a way that can't be outscored.

Almost.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Can we just trade the next 10 first rounders for Andy Reid and Mahomes? 

Say this 100 times and then write it 1000 times afterward:  

"I am so glad that I am not a GM and Adam Peters is the Washington Commanders new GM"

"I am so glad that I am not a GM and Adam Peters is the Washington Commanders new GM"

• Haha 3

Does anyone else think Seattle meeting with Macdonald is just a smokescreen? I mean they never had a first meeting with him and they had ample opportunity. They DID have two interviews with Quinn and Johnson.  Now we're supposed to buy he's a top candidate for them? 

If Baltimore won, they would not have been able to talk with him at all, but we would have. It feels like they are using him as leverage for some other candidate 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

What!!??

This should be investigated!

Goose came out of the stands, put on a jersey and helmet, then ran out on the field just so he could cripple RG3!

I'll wager Mara was somehow behind this. 

Not only that he is going to be our next coach which is amazing considering his condition.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, seantaylor=god said:

Anyone concerned about the lack of discipline displayed repeatedly by the Ravens? It was so obvious, it seemed an intentional choice to intimidate and effect Mahomes. Not sure if it came from the HC, DC, line coach, or purely player driven, but the fact that Macdonald didn’t get it under control reflects negatively on his leadership and gives me serious pause as far as his HC potential.

I was also shocked Harbaugh and Monken didn't use their running game to pound them. 🤔 As you said it might not help Mc Donald "leadership" in the eyes of our FO.

Edited by FrFan

4 out of 5 finalists are defensive guys; so there’s something with coaches on that side of the ball, that’s driving our interest. The leadership factor?

Well, if we go with a defensive guy; they better have a good oc and person to be next oc when our oc gets poached.

Just don’t pick the retread Quinn. He wasn’t that good in Atlanta.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

4 out of 5 finalists are defensive guys; so there’s something with coaches on that side of the ball, that’s driving our interest. The leadership factor?

Well, if we go with a defensive guy; they better have a good oc and person to be next oc when our oc gets poached.

Just don’t pick the retread Quinn. He wasn’t that good in Atlanta.

I think a lot of this is due to the fact that the offensive coaching talent around the league has been somewhat picked clean the last few years. The trend for a while now has been to hire the hot young offensive coach (mostly from the Shanny/McVay tree). That’s eventually going to reduce the overall talent pool on that side of the ball, at least for a while. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Listening to Keim, he also said don't expect any announcement on Wednesday. More likely to hear something official by Thursday or even Friday.

I figure Wednesday the braintrust meets and decides on the coach. It’s possible an offer is made Wednesday evening but Thursday should definitely be when a deal is sealed and we have a press conference Friday.

4 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I figure Wednesday the braintrust meets and decides on the coach. It’s possible an offer is made Wednesday evening but Thursday should definitely be when a deal is sealed and we have a press conference Friday.

If Seattle is truly interested In Johnson I imagine an offer is made tonight (by Washington), if so that wont be able to be kept quiet, I think we hear something, maybe not an official announcement, but it probably gets leaked late tonight.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Thumb up 1