Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

After living through the Snyder era, this is the therapy.

We're waiting until our guy or one of our guys wins the superbowl to come coach this team. 

It's incredible. What a time to be a fan of this team. It's probably how people felt when Gibbs first came and started winning games, only there was no internet then.

I ****ing love this ****.

Hopefully people remember that Joe lost his first 5 games as our HC. Whoever comes in to coach needs a little leeway before we slaughter them. I give them until 5.5 loses in the first 5.5 weeks before I call him a failure.

• Like 2

Thinking once Johnson is named HC (I mean whoever the HC is) the other hires will happen pretty quickly and we won't go through weeks of waiting for official word that Johnson (I mean whoever they hire) to bring in the rest of their staff. Lot of work to be done in the next few weeks, prepping for free agency, combines, draft etc.

26 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Hopefully people remember that Joe lost his first 5 games as our HC. Whoever comes in to coach needs a little leeway before we slaughter them. I give them until 5.5 loses in the first 5.5 weeks before I call him a failure.

I think that’s fair, but it could depend on the D as well. If we’re putting up points and our young QB looks great, but our defense is garbage I’d personally wait. What do I know though, I was still riding on optimism going into this season.

2 minutes ago, mh86 said:

I think that’s fair, but it could depend on the D as well. If we’re putting up points and our young QB looks great, but our defense is garbage I’d personally wait. What do I know though, I was still riding on optimism going into this season.

I was joking about the 5.5 games. I’m patient. I think coaches should get the 4 years to turn thing around unless your Urban “Oscar” Meyer bad.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Fan since a Fetus said:

I was joking about the 5.5 games. I’m patient. I think coaches should get the 4 years to turn thing around unless your Urban “Oscar” Meyer bad.

I thought you may have been, but we all know there are those type of people out there! Unfortunately for our HC he will likely be tied to a QB, so their success does heavily depend on that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RVAskins said:

I read that CEO Rich McKay will no longer be involved in football operations for the Atlanta Falcons. I wonder if all this came to a head when they were considering Bill Belichick as a head coach. It sounds to me like there was some sort of infighting going on.

His role is actually expanding within that Blank empire down there. No longer needed for the football stuff, and was happy to transition to a focused role on the bidnehhh* side of that empire.

* from the Dusty Rhodes dictionary; see "business" in the normal human lexicon

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, skinzplay said:

His role is actually expanding within that Blank empire down there. No longer needed for the football stuff, and was happy to transition to a focused role on the bidnehhh* side of that empire.

* from the Dusty Rhodes dictionary; see "business" in the normal human lexicon

I did read that his role is "expanding" but it just seems like weird timing. They had a weird setup in Atlanta. It seems like McKay had more influence than their GM Terry Fontenot. Oh well, not my monkey, not my circus. We had our own circus here long enough.

Edited by RVAskins

12 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Detroit press in on it now. It must be a done deal. 

I think they are one of the biggest papers, now internet/twitter sites in Detroit!  :)  

25 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Detroit press in on it now. It must be a done deal. 

There is a reason all the other teams filled their vacancies without bothering to wait to interview Johnson in person...

Almost as if they already knew where he was going!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

There is a reason all the other teams filled their vacancies without bothering to wait to interview Johnson in person...

Almost as if they already knew where he was going!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Wait... Shouldn't you be all out of therapy now that there is no Dan?

Some people need therapy for many years even after finally getting out of an abusive relationship. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Gonna be great when we can get on to Johnson's coordinators

I assume this is why people are saying it's a done deal. Johnson has probably started contacting potential staff and asking them to wait it out. Word got out somewhere. 

11 minutes ago, moboy36 said:

I assume this is why people are saying it's a done deal. Johnson has probably started contacting potential staff and asking them to wait it out. Word got out somewhere. 

It's been reported that Hank Fraley is a package deal with Ben Johnson and will be named his OC, so he works with the OL, I would think primarily.  I also think that Asst. QB coach, J.T. Barrett is named his QB coach.  I have no idea on D but I hope that Patricia is a million miles away from it.  Still hoping for DL coach from Ravens, Weaver. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

It's been reported that Hank Fraley is a package deal with Ben Johnson and will be named his OC, so he works with the OL, I would think primarily.  I also think that Asst. QB coach, J.T. Barrett is named his QB coach.  I have no idea on D but I hope that Patricia is a million miles away from it.  Still hoping for DL coach from Ravens, Weaver. 

Personally I’m very excited that he’d be bringing Fraley along for several reasons. The biggest being he’s likely not going to get poached, assuming he’s not calling plays. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mh86 said:

Personally I’m very excited that he’d be bringing Fraley along for several reasons. The biggest being he’s likely not going to get poached, assuming he’s not calling plays. 

He probably tries to bring in Asst. OL coach Steve Oliver from the Lions too to be his OL coach.  The OL in Ben Johnson's scheme is so important.  Possibly Seth Ryan, Asst. WR coach as WR coach. He also worked as ST coach too.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, RVAskins said:

I did read that is role is "expanding" but it just seems like weird timing. They had a weird setup in Atlanta. It seems like McKay had more influence than their GM Terry Fontenot. Oh well, not my monkey, not my circus. We had our own circus here long enough.

Blank is 82. Once he dies, think his heirs sell the team.

I don’t think Johnson is going to deplete the Lions staff to the extent some of you guys do.  Of course he’s taking some with him, but it’s a bad look to just up and take pretty much every key piece of the offensive staff from a head coach you have a lot of respect for, that put you in the position to become a head coach yourself.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 4

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t think Johnson is going to deplete the Lions staff to the extent some of you guys do.  Of course he’s taking some with him, but it’s a bad look to just up and take pretty much every key piece of the offensive staff from a head coach you have a lot of respect for, that put you in the position to become a head coach yourself.

I agree. I think he takes Fraley as his OC and maybe one assistant. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1