Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

9 hours ago, Conn said:

This doesn’t work anymore, the Assistant HC title doesn’t require a team to let the coach go. They can only make a “lateral” move if they currently don’t call plays and would be allowed playcalling duties in their new position.

So basically Dallas would have to let Quinn go to a division rival out of the goodness of their own heart, if he doesn’t get a HC job. And they won’t.

It's odd.  Looking around for Quinn's contract information, it appears he was only on a 1-year deal.  I think that's what that guy was saying when he states "pry" Quinn away from Dallas because he's essentially a free agent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrFan said:

I do remember too, disgusting to say the least. You still have some media pundits who keep on calling him a "genius" while history proves he's nothing without Brady and his coaching tree sucks. Karma is catching up with him. Hit the road Bill, good riddance.

I was told earlier this off-season that this was a simple minded take on Belichick and the NFL disagrees. Looks like no one in the NFL wanted him after all.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Vrabel at DC would be a coup. Im surprised he hasnt got another HC job.

He's getting paid in full, I can guarantee he isn't taking a DC job. He will be sitting out the szn if he doesn't get a HC job.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Hitman#21 said:

He's getting paid in full, I can guarantee he isn't taking a DC job. He will be sitting out the szn if he doesn't get a HC job.

Right. I think hed only take a DC job if it was with Bellicheck as HC.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I was told earlier this off-season that this was a simple minded take on Belichick and the NFL disagrees. Looks like no one in the NFL wanted him after all.

I suspect some teams wanted Belichick the coach, but not him with the level of control he wanted - or would have had even if it wasn’t in his contract/role. It would require a team to be willing to go all in and allow him to run the show, and that’s not gone well recently in New England.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MartinC said:

I suspect some teams wanted Belichick the coach, but not him with the level of control he wanted - or would have had even if it wasn’t in his contract/role. It would require a team to be willing to go all in and allow him to run the show, and that’s not gone well recently in New England.

This. He said in NE he'd give up that front office control if asked, and even then Kraft decided it was time to move on. In Atlanta the talk was what happens in a power struggle between BB and Rich McKay after a little bit. Sounds like McKay convinced ownership that the dynamic with a 70+ y/o HC who has had that control for a long time elsewhere, probably wouldn't be able to adapt and just coach now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm not going to post too much but I hope Ben Johnson has thick skin because as much as people like to say the DC media isn't harsh, it isn't a cake walk.

It depends on who the radio personalities "favorites" were. Grant and Danny will just parrot "metrics" and "analytics" without knowing or understanding much more than that, since he is their favorite. Meanwhile, Lynell Willingham and The Screaming Idiot will bash him for every mistake he makes since they prefer someone else. EB on the Junkies this morning was complaining that Johnson was the favorite all along and that the process is a sham.

Problem with the DC media isn't that they're mean. It's that they're dumb.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

I do remember too, disgusting to say the least. You still have some media pundits who keep on calling him a "genius" while history proves he's nothing without Brady and his coaching tree sucks. Karma is catching up with him. Hit the road Bill, good riddance.

I don't ever remember Bill operating a defensive team that wasn't good to great.  He's a defensive mastermind...and now he's a bum because he's not an offensive guru either?

I would much rather have Belichick as HC and Hank Fraley as OC rather than Ben Johnson as HC and Hank Fraley as OC.

If Johnson comes in here and isn't running the offense then I would be disappointed for sure.  I know that he would be very hands on, but I would want him to be calling plays.  If hired he is going to need a great defensive coordinator.  I would lose my mind if we were able to get Bill as a defensive coordinator and just name him assistant head coach and let him handle the defense.

• Thumb down 4

Keim's new podcast.  Nothing much new.

A.  Ben Johnson he feels has the best shot

B.  If Lions lose, Johnson could be wrapped up as a coach by Wendesday.

C.  If the Lions and Ravens win, this can take some time still

D.  He didn't think Johnson would be moved by an overwhelming money offer (alluding to Carolina)

As to point D, Finlay said on air yesteday that someone in the NFL hinted to him that the idea that Tepper floated the idea that Ben Johnson would get some crazy big pay day likely did happen -- I presume via back channels with his agent.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Let's say the Lions win. And we interview Ben Johnson in person next week and both parties want each other. Could they announce that they've come to agreement for Ben Johnson to be the next coach? Obviously he wouldn't start officially until after the Super Bowl.

32 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Basically since Brady left, Brady papered over the cracks. 

7 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Let's say the Lions win. And we interview Ben Johnson in person next week and both parties want each other. Could they announce that they've come to agreement for Ben Johnson to be the next coach? Obviously he wouldn't start officially until after the Super Bowl.

I gather you can say it's happening but it can't be official

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

. EB on the Junkies this morning was complaining that Johnson was the favorite all along and that the process is a sham.

Removed. Different EB apparently. 

Edited by Chris 44
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Yes. We can come to an agreement and he can sign the contract the day after the Super Bowl. I believe both Eagles coordinators did that last year.

Just now, Chris 44 said:

If EB went public with that he has all but shot himself in the foot for ever getting HC job. Dude is not and never will be HC material. May not even get a OC job moving forward.

Two different EBs. One of the Junkies is also called EB.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Yes. We can come to an agreement and he can sign the contract the day after the Super Bowl. I believe both Eagles coordinators did that last year.

Two different EBs. One of the Junkies is also called EB.

Damn it Beavis.....guess Ill remove it then. lol

11 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Nope.

Colts and Cards waited til the Tuesday after the SB to announce.

20 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

No, but it could “leak”. 

46 minutes ago, Dexter said:

I don't ever remember Bill operating a defensive team that wasn't good to great.  He's a defensive mastermind...and now he's a bum because he's not an offensive guru either?

I would much rather have Belichick as HC and Hank Fraley as OC rather than Ben Johnson as HC and Hank Fraley as OC.

If Johnson comes in here and isn't running the offense then I would be disappointed for sure.  I know that he would be very hands on, but I would want him to be calling plays.  If hired he is going to need a great defensive coordinator.  I would lose my mind if we were able to get Bill as a defensive coordinator and just name him assistant head coach and let him handle the defense.

I didn't say he is a "bum", I implied he doesn't deserve the label "genius". When you win a SB and games out of cheating (audiogate, spygate, deflategate), when you get owned twice by the same coach in the SB (Coughlin) that means you can't adapt hence you're absolutely not a "genius".

Coach Gibbs was a "genius".

So far no one wants him even as DC, fwiw I'd rather have Anthony Weaver as our defensive coordinator knowing that Mc Donald likely won't come here.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Vrabel at DC would be a coup. Im surprised he hasnt got another HC job.

We'll see how bad he wants to coach next year. I think we have the horses to recruit him to DC for a year or two.

Pretty interesting tweet outlining some guys that Ben Johnson has worked with in the past who could be candidates to fill out his staff here.

Anyone like Mark Brunell @ QB coach and Antwaan Randle El @ WR coach?

Just kidding...but, those names obviously stuck out.

I remember thinking our WR group was going to be absolutely sick in '06 when we signed both Randle El and Brandon Lloyd 😆 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Problem with the DC media isn't that they're mean. It's that they're dumb.

Dumb, incompetent, ****wits, ass hats, uneducated, irrational, idiotic, agenda driven, moronic, ridiculous, over the hill are all words or phrases which could be used to describe the Dc media personalities. 

Bad is the lowest common denominator.  Just about all of the personalities are just bad which the exception of Galdi.  

The best reporters are generally better than the personalities. 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2