Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

11 minutes ago, Conn said:

Most importantly, Johnson and he already collaborate every single day so Johnson knows what sort of mind he’d be bringing with him as he continues to develop his offensive scheme over the years. Especially given how important marrying the run and pass are in Johnson’s offense.  

And if we’re successful, and this guy is like a second brain for Johnson, he might not get stolen as he won’t be calling the plays. 

Could be the perfect setup. 

Yep pre existing chemistry between HC and OC would be huge

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, klwilkins1977 said:

This may be a stupid question but I've asked/said stupider stuff in here before:

Do you think our current facilities play a factor in if coaches come here. Obviously it hurts our free agent chances (maybe), but would a coach be concerned about attracting free agents or bringing some of their favorite current players along for transition's sake? Our practice facilities suck... our executive office spaces suck... our stadium SUCKS!  Do you see these as possible issues that a coach candidate mentions?

Could definitely be a factor but Im sure GMAP has Harris’s word that new(or at least significantly upgraded) facilities are on the way sooner rather than later.

I drove by Commanders Park the other day and it looks so bland.

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Lots of talent at the skill position and they’re probably serious contenders for Cousins.

32 minutes ago, FrFan said:

We're supposed to sign Johnson so why are we interviewing him ?

Because Keim is telling the truth? We may have a favorite in Johnson but a competent search committee and FO is going to earnestly explore the interview process and give all the worthy candidates a chance, their minds aren’t made up just because Ben Johnson seems like he could be the top candidate. Johnson may be a heavy favorite but you still interview all the candidates you’re interested in. It’s a valuable process for many reasons, even if you eventually do hire your original favored choice.

Not to be indelicate but I also think there’s something to be said, perception-wise and morally, for not “just” interviewing the number of Rooney Rule candidates you’re required to before you just hire the white guy everyone assumed you were gonna hire anyways. Have a deep, diverse search process and honestly indulge in the opportunity to pick the brains of many, many qualified candidates. Then, if your early favorite still comes out the other side as your best option, you make the hire. If not, and someone else blows your socks off (this is famously what happened with Mike Tomlin), you hire them instead. 

But I think the most important takeaway is that the POV you express in the post above is disrespectful both to the idea of an honest hiring process, and to the assumed intelligence and integrity levels of Harris and Adams and the rest of the search committee. They see value in hearing the pitch and vision all these candidates have for the future of the organization, you should too. They are running a legitimate interview cycle, not just checking boxes in a sham process like Snyder would. Even if we all mostly like the idea of Ben Johnson, in the end, we have to respect that these guys are doing things right. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

His dad is the FedEx founder. He has more money coming to him than some owners are worth. Dude was born with options .

He coached under Zorn! 

Smith as OC, Zorn as QBC? :rofl89:

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

He do we have an in person interview scheduled with Weaver next week if we don’t know if the Ravens will be in the SB?

Are you allowed to interview HC candidates next week regardless of whether their team is still playing?

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

He coached under Zorn! 

Smith as OC, Zorn as QBC? :rofl89:

Won’t work without the bingo caller. You bring him in as passing game coordinator and Peters will draft a roster that can run a proper swinging gate. Then we have something!

19 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

He do we have an in person interview scheduled with Weaver next week if we don’t know if the Ravens will be in the SB?

Are you allowed to interview HC candidates next week regardless of whether their team is still playing?

How do we have a in person interview scheduled with both Ben Johnson and Aaron Glenn next week if we don't know if the Lions will be in the SB?  Not being a smartie pants but just making you think your question through so you understand and can answer it.  If you can't after trying, message me. 

***** Update ****** CapSkins gave you the answer below.  :)  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Yeah, same deal with Johnson and Glenn because there are two weeks between the Championship games and the SB 

• Like 1

Someone posted earlier that when the Ravens last played the Lions, MacDonald ran rings around Johnson!  Seems Mac’s scheme has real teeth and he does it without an abundance of high end talent to boot.  Take that with a pinch if you want but I’m more than intrigued by the potential of Mac as HC

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

How do we have a in person interview scheduled with both Ben Johnson and Aaron Glenn next week if we don't know if the Lions will be in the SB?  Not being a smartie pants but just making you think your question through so you understand and can answer it.  If you can't after trying, message me. 

***** Update ****** CapSkins gave you the answer below.  :)  

Thanks Socrates. I'll never understand the level of patronizing snark on the internet. I'm a 47yo spots medicine physician, not a 13yo on an xbox forum. A simple, "You are allowed to interview in the first week after the championship games, but not to hire", would have sufficed. I've heard people say opposing things about the rules. But I hope you feel big! I'll be sure to message you with further questions. I hope you're not like that in person. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, FuriousD said:

Someone posted earlier that when the Ravens last played the Lions, MacDonald ran rings around Johnson!  Seems Mac’s scheme has real teeth and he does it without an abundance of high end talent to boot.  Take that with a pinch if you want but I’m more than intrigued by the potential of Mac as HC

So if the Ravens play the Lions in the superbowl do we just pick which coordinator wins? Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

So if the Ravens play the Lions in the superbowl do we just pick which coordinator wins? Lol

What if the lions win and they’re now 1-1. We need to wait until next season to see a tie breaker. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Thanks Socrates. I'll never understand the level of patronizing snark on the internet. I'm a 47yo spots medicine physician, not a 13yo on an xbox forum. A simple, "You are allowed to interview in the first week after the championship games, but not to hire", would have sufficed. I've heard people say opposing things about the rules. But I hope you feel big! I'll be sure to message you with further questions. I hope you're not like that in person. 

Anselmheifer, I'm a 60-year-old retired fed. employee just having some fun.  Do you ever see my posts as I try to have fun on the board.  I will be sure to be serious with you when I answer any more of your questions.  Sorry to have hurt you.   🕊️

Edited by RWJ
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, mh86 said:

What if the lions win and they’re now 1-1. We need to wait until next season to see a tie breaker. 

What if they don't play next year, do wait more years? Except of course if they meet in the suprbowl again then my above point is moot. Are you and I the only ones to have thought this through to its logical conclusion?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I’m more than happy to let the brain trust figure out their plan for the future but holy cow, if that’s the way it pans out, what a game with mad intrigue for Commanders fans!!

1 hour ago, FuriousD said:

I think they have lots of high end talent.  They have 6 1st round picks starting and star players at all 3 levels.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Anselmheifer, I'm a 60-year-old retired fed. employee just having some fun.  Do you ever see my posts as I try to have fun on the board.  I will be sure to be serious with you when I answer any more of your questions.  Sorry to have hurt you.   🕊️

Sorry. Single parenting a 3 year old that has been super sick with the flu for 8 days and now he's given it to me. I'm not usually a grumpy old man. Next round is on me. 

• Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

I think they have lots of high end talent.  They have 6 1st round picks starting and star players at all 3 levels.

I hear ya..  But, as we are well aware, 1st rd picks are not always a guarantee of high end production.  Additionally, for a defense that finished 1st in points allowed and tied 1st in turnovers, they bagged only 2 pro bowl nods.  It seems like one of those “the sum is more than the total of the parts” scenarios.  That would equate to high end scheme, right? Not arguing but just sayin

9 minutes ago, method man said:

Raiders with a massive ****up hiring Tom Telesco. Means Champ Kelly should be on the market and would make a fine AGM for Peters. The two worked together in Denver for a number of years

Maybe. If he’s under contract, they don’t need to let him leave for another opportunity unless he’s promoted to GM somewhere. Unless it’s just out of the goodness of their hearts, or Telesco wants him fired. Both are possible but not guaranteed.