Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

18 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

The Lions have 3 first round picks on the OL, an RB that went 1st round, a 2nd round pick at TE and a QB that was a #1 pick. 

That trade with the Rams set them up for this moment.  Picks and Goff

• Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, Conn said:

The idea that you can imagine a hypothetical world where Bieniemy might need to reflect with a GM and various billionaires about the fact that he shouldn’t make “gay jokes or rape jokes” with certain players is funny because it both perfectly explains why you think he’d fail to be hired as a HC 14 different times, while simultaneously calling into question why you still waste brainpower and server space typing up scenarios where this guy is worth keeping as a coach. 

I'm thinking about locker room environments that players don't thrive in. 

2 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm thinking about locker room environments that players don't thrive in. 

And what does that have to do with anything I said in either of my posts you quoted? What point are you making about EB’s interview exactly, help me understand what you’re saying 

I'm not trying to start a fight on the board. I just wanted to point out why it's beneficial to interview EB. I won't quote anyone this time though. I didn't mean to offend. 

Locker rooms have lots of jokes. Sometimes guys get offended. Sometimes coaches find out. And maybe a coach can find out that player a made a rape joke about player b and that's why they're not getting along so well any more. It's a fictional creation I made up in the spur of the moment. I was drawing from Parsons but not knowing much from the incident. Maybe there's Westbrook & Davis (that was a gay joke) that led to a fight. 

He was taking in coach speak in the press conferences but I'm just saying that Harris should ask him to go into detail as much as possible and for specific examples. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah Gibbs and La Porta are real difference makers for them. if we do hire Ben Johnson I hope we can find a speed back in the middle rounds and a decent TE in FA. 

That RB from Oregon looks pretty impressive, IMO

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sad. I am old enough to remember when the Lions were the butt of jokes. This team is the last of the Mohicans of the bad ones that have remained bad 

If we aren’t winning on the field we’re winning somewhere else.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sad. I am old enough to remember when the Lions were the butt of jokes. This team is the last of the Mohicans of the bad ones that have remained bad 

There can be only one!!!

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

When the Lions went on that long losing streak (19 games) they broke it beating Jim Zorns Redskins team. 

I was still living in the UK but was in NY on business. I watched the game in a bar sat with a few Lions fans and bought them all drinks after the game.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I love Bj’s playcalling with a lead. No boring handoff handoff handoff punt. Hes still being creative and aggressive.

Don't we all :)

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Conn said:

EB’s communication and leadership style has nothing in common with Dan Campbell, or Antonio Pierce even. Are you just lumping together guys who you assume yell a lot? EB has negative emotional intelligence, literally the opposite of Campbell (and Pierce). 

It’s clear you think they’re all just “old school” motivators. That isn’t at all why Campbell is successful. 

To continue. This is not EB:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm not trying to start a fight on the board. I just wanted to point out why it's beneficial to interview EB. I won't quote anyone this time though. I didn't mean to offend. 

Locker rooms have lots of jokes. Sometimes guys get offended. Sometimes coaches find out. And maybe a coach can find out that player a made a rape joke about player b and that's why they're not getting along so well any more. It's a fictional creation I made up in the spur of the moment. I was drawing from Parsons but not knowing much from the incident. Maybe there's Westbrook & Davis (that was a gay joke) that led to a fight. 

He was taking in coach speak in the press conferences but I'm just saying that Harris should ask him to go into detail as much as possible and for specific examples. 

I wasn’t offended at all, I’m literally asking you to explain what you’re saying because I just don’t understand what the **** you’re talking about. Why are you imagining these scenarios? Is your idea that players don’t like EB because he wasn’t managing who was joking with who? I just don’t get what you’re even posting about. What does this have to do with EB as a coaching candidate and his interview with ownership? What incidents are you referencing or trying to explain?

I literally explained my scenarios.

Davis had a bad rookie year, Ron said he liked to be coached hard. That could be something EB tells them. Not that obviously but something like it about a different player that he learned.

- I explained about fights in the locker room

- you asked a question about gay jokes among billionaires but these are not billionaires on Wall Street. They're billionaires who have to manage a locker room. So some of them may make some of these same jokes. Have you seen the commentary about the 911 inspirational speech given by coach McDermott? Yeah, it didn't hit so well. 

- there are more stories that I don't want to delve into. I searched the issue and found a few players that were different from who I named earlier but who this issue definitely arises.

But even if you don't think it does it was a fictional example. I had things in my mind where I'm posting a reply to a bunch of guys on a message board. I didn't think I'd get the third degree over what actually happened and what didn't. Is that even what you're asking because I'm not even sure. 

I remember when Guice said they called his mother a prostitute at the combine. Later he changed the story, but was he lying it not. 

My whole point is that it's worthwhile to interview the man. That's all. There's valuable information. From each question I think you can get stuff. In not from that one question then 🤷

I'm done with this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wait... we've only been around for two years, what gives?  :movefast: