Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

FWIW... 9er fans not happy.  From one of their forum:

"Huge Blunder by Jed York, Lynch and Shanahan.  Peters Should've been promoted to GM months ago.  When things are working well you don't let a guy like Peters get out of the building.  EGO's don't win football games.  Its one thing if the organization was getting compensation but they're getting nothing."

"This team will look back on today as a big failure.  Watch our drafts and evaluations of personnel fall off a cliff."

"They have Mayhew.  Why do they even want Peters?"    LOL

"Straight up Heart Breaking"

"Huge loss, Should've been promoted to GM.  Im sick"

"Per Florio the Niners tried hard to keep him.  It sounds like he wanted to spread his wings and run his own shop"

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Sounds like a the Pats had a plan in place for the BB departure and good for them.  Here's hoping BB goes straight to retirement so we don't have to hear his name again as far as the hiring cycle is concerned

BB isn’t retiring. If he doesn’t coach this year, he will next year.

Just now, Idaho fan said:

"Per Florio the Niners tried hard to keep him.  It sounds like he wanted to spread his wings and run his own shop"

He literally has the opportunity of a lifetime here. Create his own history. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If its Johnson-Peters I'd beyond stoked.  You couldn't keep me away from camp this summer even its a bad time work wise for me. 

Good point. They thought last year was crazy in comparison to the year before.  Camp is gonna be lit this year!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Can you imagine if we got Peters and Johnson. With a QB to follow. And a 100mil in cap space. Bloody Hell.

giphy.gif

Just now, Lovi said:

Good point. They thought last year was crazy in comparison to the year before.  Camp is gonna be lit this year!

Johnson and Drake Maye after a draft-FO overseen by Peters.

Feels like moving from a Banana Republic regime to a superpower 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

"Huge Blunder by Jed York, Lynch and Shanahan.  Peters Should've been promoted to GM months ago.  When things are working well you don't let a guy like Peters get out of the building.  EGO's don't win football games.  Its one thing if the organization was getting compensation but they're getting nothing."

"This team will look back on today as a big failure.  Watch our drafts and evaluations of personnel fall off a cliff."

I keep telling myself this a dream and I'm going to wake up soon. In less than 12 months we went from the joke of professional sports, to the place where top executives want to work and now the media is getting on board.  I guess the football Gods have said we had enough 

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

FINALLY! After nearly three decades we are going to get the real rebuild so many of us have been craving. We need to have a little patience. It will take a little time to rebuild this cesspool of an organization. But we are getting the correct people in place to make it happen. The relief I feel is unreal.

• Like 3

I pray the Lions don't get shutout with 5 turnovers against the Rams.  The meltdown that would ensue from people knee jerk jumping ship on hiring Ben Johnson would be ridiculous.  lol

Edited by justice98
  • Haha 5

Just now, clskinsfan said:

FINALLY! After nearly three decades we are going to get the real rebuild so many of us have been craving. We need to have a little patience. It will take a little time to rebuild this cesspool of an organization. But we are getting the correct people in place to make it happen. The relief I feel is unreal.

Agree but I don't think it will take a long time.  I am guessing 2 years.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wouldn't hate it.  But give me Ben Johnson.

At least according to Mike Jones and Keim, asking around the league, talking to FOs, Ben Johnson is head and shoulders more coveted than the other offensive coordinators.

The vibe seems ti be Johnson is the top HC candidate and then after him its more defensive guys before you go down the list to other offensive minded candidates.

I'd love us to get Johnson - pairing him with a top draft pick at QB and Peters pulling the strings to build around that guy is a dream scenario. Might still all go wrong, but we give ourselves a real chance to get better - quickly.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

To be completely honest, I'm a bit surprised it was that close...

I don't think he's right.  The all pro was Scherff who was drafted in 2015, and Peters wasn't in SF.

It's pretty typical for Grant to get things wrong.  He couldn't add the number of teams in the NFL yesterday.  

• Haha 1

It guarantees nothing but it really feels good to see a sound process in place. To see this franchise attack success and land the top young talent. We haven’t had that in a while. And even crazier…they want to come here. Adam Peters is widely considered a top football executive who has worked in multiple great organizations and he wanted to come here. Sure seems like Ben Johnson has a decent shot at coming here. Again, I’m always going to temper Washington Football Team expectations but this feels pretty damn cool. 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

giphy.gif.840802079a6c9793a10ee4bbea90e277.gif

if they wanted him so bad they should have tried harder to keep him. it's not like he was disloyal he rejected overtures from other teams for years. Washington was one of the few jobs he leapt to. Seeing Niners fans tear up about this makes me laugh

• Like 1