Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

What is the deal with Mike Florio? I can't believe I just watched a youtube video of him saying there are warning signs in Washington of Josh Harris bringing in Myers and Spielman as a cover for him going after Belichick?! Also that Washington is not desirable. What?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Commander Adama said:

What is the deal with Mike Florio? I can't believe I just watched a youtube video of him saying there are warning signs in Washington of Josh Harris bringing in Myers and Spielman as a cover for him going after Belichick?! Also that Washington is not desirable. What?

Florio is a former lawyer, wanna be "in the spotlight" NFL sports beat reporter that has failed as a lawyer and as a wanna be "in the spotlight" NFL sports beat reporter!  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Commander Adama said:

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Wonder what the chances are that whoever comes in as the HOFO hires a GM to oversee personnel?

Basically what SF has with Lynch as HOFO and Peters as Assistant. GM.

Could we get Peters as HOFO and someone like Cunningham or Halaby as our VP of Personnel / Assistant GM (or whatever title)

I said that on the previous page. The terminology they're using can't be accidental. 

• Thumb up 1

20 minutes ago, Commander Adama said:

What is the deal with Mike Florio?

He fell in love and became addicted to bashing the franchise over its owner and name. Now, he doesn't have those things anymore he's resolved to weak attempts at trolling Washington fans whenever he thinks the opportunity presents itself.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

30 minutes ago, Commander Adama said:

Like many aged-out reporters, he rested on his brief laurels, failed to establish new contacts and make new insider connections which the profession ruthlessly demands, and is embittered because he’s now on the outside looking in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Commander202 said:

I don’t see the hype about Ian Cunningham . Feel like there’s better candidates , he seems like the Jason wright of GMs. 

And I’m not impressed at all by the bears. They’ll mess up somehow in the draft and FA and they’ll get rid of fields . Trading for Montez was dumb, he was going to be a FA and rarely gets 10 sacks a year.  Feel like he isn’t what we want and he had no real say with the eagles or ravens . His first year as assistant GM the bears spent money and passed on Carter shows everything I need to know about him. 

keeping there coaching staff right now also another mistake. 

has carter even been that good?

I'm sure Cunningham and Cook are very much legitimate candidates, but it can't be a coincidence that both are being interviewed before Peters.  If the brain trust feels like Peters is the guy, they would be in a position to immediately seal the deal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Along these lines I heard this on the way into work today listening to Mike Florio on Pro Football Talk: "I have a source who I trust very much that tells me Josh Harris is enamored with the idea of having Bill Bellicheck as his head coach".

I know one of our beat reporters very matter of factly shut this talk down but Florio disagrees based on his source.

Florio doesn’t have deep sources like that, he’s an aggregator who hears things. Often false things. In terms of sources, track record, and trustworthiness when they put their name on something, Keim >>> 

• Like 4

Spitballing here - if Adam Peters is hired, it would not surprise me if Martin Mayhew stayed on in some capacity. They worked together in San Fran for 4 seasons.

Before you dump on the idea, Peters would be getting someone in Mayhew who is familiar to him and who knows his working style. They could hit the ground running right away. Mayhew would also provide Peters with the institutional knowledge he will need to move fast.

Also, by all reports, Ron never listened to Mayhew anyway - he just made the decisions with Marty, hence all the Carolina connections who ended up here. I'm not sure too many of the bad decisions (ie - no linebackers or OL) would trace back to Mayhew. But this is me guessing...

Edited by Stoox
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Stoox said:

Spitballing here - if Adam Peters is hired, it would not surprise me if Martin Mayhew stayed on in some capacity. They worked together in San Fran for 4 seasons.

Before you dump on the idea, Peters would be getting someone in Mayhew who is familiar to him and who knows his working style. They could hit the ground running right away.

Also, by all reports, Ron never listened to Mayhew anyway - he just made the decisions with Marty, hence all the Carolina connections who ended up here. I'm not sure too many of the bad decisions (ie - no linebackers or OL) would trace back to Mayhew. But this is me guessing...

Yeah, a very possible scenario.  As long as Peters or the new HOFO is making that call, wouldn't really care one way or the other.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Stoox said:

Before you dump on the idea, Peters would be getting someone in Mayhew who is familiar to him and who knows his working style. They could hit the ground running right away. Mayhew would also provide Peters with the institutional knowledge he will need to move fast.

Yes I've been thinking this. Apparently, Mayhew was running point on the ops piece of the front office, which he was well equipped to do given his legal background. It's probably one reason they haven't fired him yet. You can bring in Peters as EVP of Football Ops and allow Mayhew to stay in his GM role and allow Mayhew to continue focusing on ops

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Conn said:

Florio doesn’t have deep sources like that, he’s an aggregator who hears things. Often false things. In terms of sources, track record, and trustworthiness when they put their name on something, Keim >>> 

my impression is that Florio likes to throw stuff against the wall. If it sticks he’s out in front, if it doesn’t the news cycle will wash it clean. Several months ago he threw it out there that Washington would trade for Belichik. He’s been stringing this one along for a while.  He moved away from the trade thing but he’s still trying to associate the team with Belichik.

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

This is definitely a strong message. Ownership plan to turn things around quickly, perhaps quicker than some of us would have predicted.

If you know what you are doing it with that type of cap room, high draft picks, and assuming better coaching -- should take 2 years.  Not the old school 5 that same like to cling to IMO.

Mueller ex-GM talked about this at length -- you got 2 years to turn a team around.  In the past it took longer.  Now it doesn't for a number of reasons -- NFL offenses more closely model college than the past, more trades, more cap increases than the past, etc.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Along these lines I heard this on the way into work today listening to Mike Florio on Pro Football Talk: "I have a source who I trust very much that tells me Josh Harris is enamored with the idea of having Bill Bellicheck as his head coach".

I know one of our beat reporters very matter of factly shut this talk down but Florio disagrees based on his source.

ctqbeH_w4UbZDqorAg-fsrKoIVE=.gif

• Haha 6