Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

Ron is a minority. We met the then Rooney requirements by hiring him. Don’t think the interviewing 2 minorities rule was in place then.

Snyder has done that multiple times. He interviews black candidates right off to get it out of the way, He interviews a couple of our assistants before hiring Shanahan. 

I don't know if he knew it would be Rivera when he talked to Lewis, but regardless I think he thought he was impressing people by talking to multiple minority candidates rather than just the 1 requited. 

• Thumb down 1

3 hours ago, Ball Security said:

I think it’s a great sign that Peters is taking the interview after turning down others last year.

Harris kept mentioning “Head of Football Operations”. Should we be viewing this a synonymous to GM? Or will the HOFO be one layer up?

Can’t help but to believe we’ll end up with:

Adam Peters HOFO/GM

Ben Johnson HC

Drake Maye QB

I believe its a separate job.

1 minute ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Why would you not want harbaugh here? 

I think Harbs will want too much control. I'd entertain it and at least kick those tires, though. Havent heard his name linked here AT ALL though, not even a whisper or rumor.

1 minute ago, illone said:

I think Harbs will want too much control. I'd entertain it and at least kick those tires, though. Havent heard his name linked here AT ALL though, not even a whisper or rumor.

Was listed earlier that Mayers reached out to Jim agent for an interview.

1 minute ago, illone said:

Allbright was saying he feels harbaugh will go to the chargers . Which means Ben Johnson will have a choice of us or the falcons .

8 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Wonder if this is why Harris keeps calling the job Head of Football ops and not GM?

To me it says:  "Whatever it takes".  @Skinsinparadise If it goes down, Christmas came 11 months early for you!  :)  Got to think that Mayhew was interviewed already for the position.  

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 2

6 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I’m hoping the coaching search drags on for a few weeks. I need to space out the drama so I have something to do. 😆

Oh, and don’t watch Saltburn (especially during a meal). 

the likely candidates from 49ers, ravens and lions will not be free for a few weeks 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

the likely candidates from 49ers, ravens and lions will not be free for a few weeks 

We interview Peters tomorrow or Wednesday per Albert Breer.  

2 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Coach candidates cant do in person interviews till 1/22

It’ll be a virtual interview this week. Then we get in more virtual interviews. We have to interview multiple Rooney Rule candidates in person as well. Then someone like Peters can meet in person on the 22nd. Maybe that’s when it’ll become official 

• Like 1

Just now, Conn said:

It’ll be a virtual interview this week. Then we get in more virtual interviews. We have to interview multiple Rooney Rule candidates in person as well. Then someone like Peters can meet in person on the 22nd. Maybe that’s when it’ll become official 

Does it matter that Peters isn't interviewing for a coaching position?

Just now, bird_1972 said:

Does it matter that Peters isn't interviewing for a coaching position?

It was posted here somewhere but FO guys have similar rules. Maybe slightly different, I’ll have to look for that tweet. It was a whole comprehensive schedule 

• Thumb up 1