Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Spielmans statement sounds like an equal power between coach and GM is incoming. Which I like. Those tow have to work well together. I dont want a coach centric control type deal,. 

"I'm excited and appreciative of this opportunity to support Josh as he works to hire a head of football operations and new head coach for the Washington Commanders," Spielman said in a statement. "I know how much this franchise means to Josh and how motivated he is to re-establish a culture of winning. Josh and his partners are willing to invest the time, energy, and resources to build this franchise the right way – without cutting corners – and that is critical as you approach an important offseason like the one in front of us. I am thrilled to apply my experience in the NFL and collaborate with Josh, Bob, and the ownership group to identify the best leaders to guide the Commanders forward."

https://www.nfl.com/news/commanders-hiring-ex-nba-executive-architect-of-warriors-dynasty-bob-myers-ex-vi

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

Give me a Cunningham/GM and MacD or Johnson for HC.  I'm good.  MacD. makes more sense wtih the Cunningham connection though.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

The best success story in all the NFL falls on two teams.  The Baltimore Ravens and SF 9ers.  Those are your two models.  Thoughts?

KC, New England have the trophy's recently in the case and the rings on their fingers. Raven's, 49ers, Steelers, Cowboys.  Best success stories ( N.E.,Dallas,Pittsburg)

Just now, skinsfan66 said:

KC, New England have the trophy's recently in the case and the rings on their fingers. Raven's, 49ers, Steelers, Cowboys.  Best success stories ( N.E.,Dallas,Pittsburg)

I throw the Patsies out.  Bill can thank his stars for Brady.  If you take Brady away, Bill is average at best.  JMO.  Look at what he did before and after Brady.   Jimmy Johnson same for Jerah.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

Mike Borgonzi, assistant GM, Kansas City Chiefs: Borgonzi has been GM Brett Veach’s No. 2 for seven seasons and has seven division titles, three AFC championships and two Lombardi Trophies won over that time. He was initially hired in Kansas City in 2009 by Pioli, which gave him four years in a Patriots-style program before Andy Reid arrived in ’13. He’s done just about everything in his time—and as a result, the former Ivy League fullback is about as well rounded (and ready) a candidate as you’ll find.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/01/05/nfl-future-general-managers-list-candidates-week-18

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Ben Johnson is interesting to me. Because he has been dealing with a pretty unathletic QB and getting the most out of him. Would love to see what he could do with Caleb or Maye. Harbaugh has had an ultra athletic QB the past couple of seasons and really limited his passing game. I would prefer Johnson between the two. But both are good coaches imo. 

• Thumb up 1

34 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Shouldn’t the new GM be scheduling the head coach interviews? 

Lots of organizations are hiring GM (or in our case Head of Football Ops) and HC together now, finding guys that want to work together. Lots of the hottest GM/HC prospects come as combo package deals too nowadays 

But no, most organizations cleaning house don’t wait to fully go through GM interviews and hiring before finally beginning work on HC interviews. Usually initial HC interviews are already being done at the same time regardless of how the organization is going to be structured. 

• Like 2

Whomever they hire will be a good pick because there is a plan in place by a highly regarded team. What is happening right now should make every fan happy regardless of the names being mentioned, cause they likely won't all be mentioned. Doesn't mean the coach or GM will be successful, but this process is fantastic. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

We have roughly 60M in cap space and roughly  8 picks in the draft. Some of that money has to re-sign guys we’d like to keep e.g. Curl .

Sport Trac has us with $12,093,648 of left over cap from 2023 that carries over.  I can't remembe the last time I saw that.

They have a top 51 in 24 of $85,284,132  That's before any retention signings, extensions, or restructures from here I believe.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-commanders/cap/2024/

image.png.4f59d366016bb377b7345e53d5d15b11.png

Top 15 Cap Hit Contracts:

image.png.ed1a127b94156ab834c2c4e934013e1e.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I told people when he was hired that they were overestimating his organization-wide impact. His specialty is roster construction analytical trends and gameday analytics. Not organization building. They’ll hire people who want to utilize analytics but imo Shen was never gonna have that sort of influence. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

wow they are going through all the greatest hits names at GM.  I love it.

I am open to multiple candidates.

Purely based in reputation my picks would be Peters and Ben Johnson.

Casting a wide ass net, using accomplished consultants, requesting interviews ahead of time.... Is it Christmas, still?

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Whomever they hire will be a good pick because there is a plan in place by a highly regarded team. What is happening right now should make every fan happy regardless of the names being mentioned, cause they likely won't all be mentioned. Doesn't mean the coach or GM will be successful, but this process is fantastic. 

Homerun post. 

Been saying this for years.... So difficult to actually win Super Bowls, but this team can't even get these important processes correct, let alone have the results we all desire. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1