Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

6 minutes ago, Bantu said:

Been begging for this for about a decade now. Very difficult to identify, interview and hire the right people so consulting help is an A+ move. Very different from the last guy who just needed to have heard of your name and thinks that's good enough

The last guy would just ask Gibbs who to hire. The issue is that Gibbs wasn’t plugged in the last 15 years

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

These advisory hires alone reveal that Dan was playing checkers (poorly, I might add) and competent ownership requires you at least attempt to play chess. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I mean, that was wild.  I dont know how you take back command of that locker room.  Whoever was in on that, heads need to roll.  But I think I'd feel bad if it were just Allen's head and none of those players.  

Jameis apparently took a vote in the huddle. Jamaal Williams is an extremely popular player and was one in Detroit as well. They wanted to get him his first TD of the season

1 minute ago, profusion said:

I'm impressed with how quickly and efficiently Josh is moving on this. He ain't messing around.

Bob and Rick have been working in the background last few weeks. We should all go back and listen to Keim’s episode with Spielman a few weeks ago

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Mayhew out too per The Junkies.  I think the first step shows Harris he is going with smart people.

Not so sure about that yet.  

From this ESPN article: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39264819/ron-rivera-fired-former-gms-advise-commanders-overhaul

The Commanders current front office, including general manager Martin Mayhew, and Executive VP of Football/Player Personnel Marty Hurney, will remain on staff through the search process, officials said. The new head of football operations and head coach will determine their long-term futures with the Commanders, team officials told ESPN.

So we are keeping the GM to help find a new head coach, then determining if they will stay or not afterwards....I don't like this approach.  Thinking outside the box and bringing in Myers is one thing, letting the current GM and Executive VP of Football/Player Personnel assist in any way turns me off.  They needed to clean house and should have started looking for a new VP and GM before the season ended and hired them immediately after, imo.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

From this ESPN article: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39264819/ron-rivera-fired-former-gms-advise-commanders-overhaul

So we are keeping the GM to help find a new head coach, then determining if they will stay or not afterwards....I don't like this approach.  Thinking outside the box and bringing in Myers is one thing, letting the current GM and Executive VP of Football/Player Personnel assist in any way turns me off.  They needed to clean house and should have started looking for a new VP and GM before the season ended and hired them immediately after, imo.

There is definitely going to be a new GM. I think the key is having someone who can oversee anything related to personnel next couple weeks until a GM is hired

• Like 1

Just now, RWJ said:

The best success story in all the NFL falls on two teams.  The Baltimore Ravens and SF 9ers.  Those are your two models.  Thoughts?

It’s the Ravens. They have sustained this pace despite never having premium picks to work with.

• Like 3

I think Kevin S or one of the guys on the Junkies said that Spielman might have been the architect of Cousins to Minny.  So I don't know if Cousins is under contract up there or not, but is it crazy to think he might come back here for a couple of years while we rebuild everything?

That's gotta be a crazy thought right?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

They won’t necessarily have any true input on who gets hired.  It’s just not important to fire everyone ASAP.  It was only important to fire Ron today so they could let the players know.  The new people can decide the future of everyone else.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I interpret this differently. Somebody has to run the day-to-day during the transition. There's plenty of work to do to get ready for next season.

Marty x2 aren't part of the advisory committee, and there's no indication they'll influence its decisions. Once the new head of operations is in place, they'll likely put new managers in place. I'm sure there's already a candidate list in place, and it wouldn't shock me if discussions have happened.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, method man said:

It’s the Ravens. They have sustained this pace despite never having premium picks to work with.

No doubt.  Hire MacDonald.  No brainer!  But we need a GM first and not Rick Speilman!  

Edited by RWJ

6 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

ARticles for ESPN with Shefter plus... Woj? Sounds like Hearny (sp?) and Mayhew are retained through the process.  You likely need them for some of the offseason operations until the new hire is in place, we might be overreacting just a tad, that Mayhew hasn't already been shown the door.

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

The best success story in all the NFL falls on two teams.  The Baltimore Ravens and SF 9ers.  Those are your two models.  Thoughts?

other then Rex Ryan (and that was only 2 seasons) there has been no other coach or even FO person that had success once they left the organization….Savage went to Cleveland and lasted what 2-3 seasons, and we see what’s going on up w/the Jets w/Joe Douglas… so the Ravens organization is head and shoulders the best on the NFL, but that’s just it, it’s them not 1 or 2 people…..

1 minute ago, profusion said:

I interpret this differently. Somebody has to run the day-to-day during the transition. There's plenty of work to do to get ready for next season.

Marty x2 aren't part of the advisory committee, and there's no indication they'll influence its decisions. Once the new head of operations is in place, they'll likely put new managers in place. I'm sure there's already a candidate list in place, and it wouldn't shock me if discussions have happened.

That's find profusion but they need to hire a GM first.  You wanna let Marty x2 hang until then fine but a GM is needed first.