Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

33 minutes ago, Conn said:

Tangling with Facebook fans is like opening your mouth, diving head first into the sewer, and then wondering why you taste ****. 

Facebook (and twitter) fan groups rarely represent the discourse we have going on here, to be honest with you. 

I tangle with fb on occasion; if I comment contrary to group think there.

Surprised people haven’t mentioned BB enough. I’m pretty convinced he’s going to be the next HC. I personally rather go younger but with all the rumors and connections it’s likely he’s the next guy up. 

1 hour ago, RVAskins said:

What are people's thoughts on Ryan Kerrigan as a coach. Has he made a difference? Will he continue coaching or has this season ruined that?

I rather see him than Ron Rivera if that means anything 

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

If you’re judging by his posture on the sidelines, then he’s been retired for 4 years already.

The fact he never changed his Carolina panther banner on his Twitter is ridiculous . 

• Haha 1

Rumor may be Rivera is retiring. What a great play by him to tell Harris that which almost guarantees he won't get fired mid season. Let Ron walk away from the game with respect. Harris knows damn well all he put up with and has been through.

Is JDR retiring too.. no you say?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Rumor may be Rivera is retiring. What a great play by him to tell Harris that which almost guarantees he won't get fired mid season. Let Ron walk away from the game with respect. Harris knows damn well all he put up with and has been through.

Ron came to DC and did a nice job bringing credibility and a sense of some respectability back to the organization. He had a TON to deal with. Maybe we do need to respect that but that doesn't save JDR. I'm OK letting RR go with dignity and class...

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

If he retires he doesn't get paid. He will make Harris fire him.

• Thanks 1

I wonder what Steve Spagnuolo has learned coaching with Andy Reid? He's had success in the NFL but not as a head coach....the Chiefs defense is aggressive, attacks and is killing Hurts tonight? He could be an interesting candidate given another chance to be a head coach. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

8 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I wonder what Steve Spagnuolo has learned coaching with Andy Reid? He's had success in the NFL but not as a head coach....the Chiefs defense is aggressive, attacks and is killing Hurts tonight? He could be an interesting candidate given another chance to be a head coach. 

Hard pass. He's a great D Coord but awful Head Coach.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

nooooooo!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ananoman said:

Well here is a post from this site in support of Mayhew.  I redacted the poster name etc to protect the guilty.  I’m telling you, there were a bunch of fans in support of the hire

IMG_0038.jpeg

FWIW that user hasn't posted on the board in almost two years.

8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

If he retires he doesn't get paid. He will make Harris fire him.

I didn't realize he had another year to go. Fire his ass Friday morning then.

Regardless, people do retire in this world and forfeit future earnings. Sure its highly unlikely but the dude seems real unhappy to me. Pure speculation but is it unthinkable that maybe he and Harris have a handshake deal in place to let him walk away gracefully at years end. It's a very unique situation with the new owner and Ron is the proverbial dead man walking that added a tiny shred of respectability to the team.

Edited by RandyHolt

13 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

He's under contract next season for $8.5M. I have a hard time thinking he will just walk away from that - I think his contract will be paid up in a settlement and it will be dressed up as a 'retirement' rather than a firing. But the whole front office and coaching staff will be out the door right behind him. Big changes coming at the end of this season. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, MartinC said:

He's under contract next season for $8.5M. I have a hard time thinking he will just walk away from that - I think his contract will be paid up in a settlement and it will be dressed up as a 'retirement' rather than a firing. But the whole front office and coaching staff will be out the door right behind him. Big changes coming at the end of this season. 

I think that is exactly right, They'll give him a chance to say he retired, but they're not bringing him back either way. 

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Man imagine being paid $8 Million to not work because you're that bad at your job.

I chose the wrong line of work.

$8M is chump change. 

Texas A&M owe Jimbo Fisher $19.4M within 60 days of him being fired and another $7.27M a year for the next 8 years!!

• Haha 2