Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Paddleboat Ron leaves, is promoted, or traded at the deadline, who do you want as our next coach?

Redskinscub

Panthers are going to get a Jim Zorn type hire. No one of any value will want to go there and rightfully so. Ben Johnson definitely won’t. He didn’t even take that second interview last year. What can they offer him that other teams can’t. 

Also, a name that I’m surprised I don’t see come up often for hc openings is Bobby Slowik. He’s worked under some pretty impressive people and he’s running a darn good offense right now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

I definitely do not want Bellichek making any personnel moves if he comes here as coach.

He cannot figure out QB nor WR; clearly spoiled by Brady riding his coattails for a long time now.  Final nails in the coffin?  Clinging onto DeVante Parker. Not using Mike "2 Targets" Gesicki. Letting Jakobi Meyer walk who looks suddenly fantastic in Vegas. 

There is just too much smoke about him going to a mystery team... its so us. No other team mid season was so ripe for a predictable HC vacancy when the talks were clearly being held. I am fine if he wants to be our DC but would rather take his son.

There is no mystery smoke except where you go looking for it in national media shows that run out of things to talk about. There’s no rational reason it would even be a topic midway through the season before he’s even been fired/allowed to leave the team/however they play it given his importance to Patriots franchise history. 

But as someone who follows tons of beat reporters around the league and various insiders, but ignores the national morning shows, pointless radio shows, etc…there’s literally no smoke about this at all. It was basically one dumb rumor. Even if Kraft allowed the tampering for some reason, Belichick wouldn’t be having conversations about his own future in October or whatever. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The Cunningham/ Johnson combo seems like it's going to happen, but it might be with the Chargers or someone else. 

I hope it's us and I think it might have been us this past offseason if Snyder didn't try ****ing Harris for that .6$ to drag things out.

I'm hearing Cunningham at GM with Mike MacDonald the Ravens D.C. as a likely combo.

I want an offensive minded coach but I think its more important that we get a good Owner/GM/Coach combo where they can all work well together and are on the same page.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, YouLikeThat said:

Since we are moving towards analytics I would think we will be VERY high on Bobby Slowik. He has a couple receivers in the top 20 in yards of separation with Tank Dell and Noah Brown players that arent as highly regarded as Dotson and McLaurin. 

Dotson is overrated a good receiver as a no.2 wont have just 450 yards through 12 games imo, but I agree with your assessment of the Texans coordinator

Seems clear to me that EB needs to move on and that the next head coach will be bringing in a new OC. Watching the Niners play calls vs watching ours is embarrassing to our organization. The way they use motion and create mismatches is just gorgeous to watch.

• Like 4

On 11/30/2023 at 7:29 PM, BurgundyBooger said:

If we had a pro bowl QB, we’d be everyone’s plan A, so Sam needs to keep playing lights out until season’s end. 

He's thrown pick 6's in three straight games and has meetings with SF, NYJ and Dallas coming up to finish the season. If EB isn't careful with him he'll be lights out alright. In fact, I wouldn't be opposed to letting Brissett play 2-3 of these final games just to keep Sam healthy against the tough defenses we have left to face. Just imagine this, if Sam gets a serious knee injury and is out for most of next season what does that do for our draft plans? Harris and company should think about Sam's health and make it a priority over the next month of games because if he goes down the mess just gets much uglier. Do you trust EB and RR to keep Sam safe? I don't.

Keim on with Sheehan this morning and I like him in this venue because he much more relaxed and not in a hurry. 

He mentioned a couple of things:

1)  Kevin asked him about GM potential's and he mentioned all the ones already talked about 

2)  Something I didn't know, Adam Peters from SF has ties to Ben Johnson maybe a bundle hire?

3)  Keim doesn't believe this group will tie a staff to Howell and let football people make that decision

4)  Hasn't fire RR because not a good look (trust) for incoming coach and GM

5)  Asked about hunch of new coach bringing back no EB because thinks an offensive minded head coach wants his system.  Defensive coach might but if offense takes off you likely lose him anyway.  He seemed to "lean" Offensive HC

6)  Opinion on top 4 pick should a QB be in play - yes you have to evaluate it but doesn't mean you do it and Keims not sure there are 4 QB's worth taking there.  Note -     Keim sounds like a Howell fan

Aside - Sheehan sounds like @Skinsinparadise with his infactuation for QB J. Daniels.  😂😂

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

6)  Opinion on top 4 pick should a QB be in play - yes you have to evaluate it but doesn't mean you do it and Keims not sure there are 4 QB's worth taking there.  Note -     Keim sounds like a Howell fan

Aside - Sheehan sounds like @Skinsinparadise with his infactuation for QB J. Daniels.  😂😂

Keim in another recent interview or podcast, forgetting which said he'd have a QB on the table even though he is a Howell fan.

Sheehan yeah just now said he thinks Daniels is better than Drake Maye.  He's infatuated with him.  i am not infatuated with Daniels. i am still digesting him,  My point on it is he should be considered.  Put some thought behind it versus dismissing the idea.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Keim on with Sheehan this morning and I like him in this venue because he much more relaxed and not in a hurry. 

He mentioned a couple of things:

1)  Kevin asked him about GM potential's and he mentioned all the ones already talked about 

2)  Something I didn't know, Adam Peters from SF has ties to Ben Johnson maybe a bundle hire?

3)  Keim doesn't believe this group will tie a staff to Howell and let football people make that decision

4)  Hasn't fire RR because not a good look (trust) for incoming coach and GM

5)  Asked about hunch of new coach bringing back no EB because thinks an offensive minded head coach wants his system.  Defensive coach might but if offense takes off you likely lose him anyway.  He seemed to "lean" Offensive HC

The only question I have how much say Shen will have and will there be any connections with who Shen has worked with in the past.  Otherwise, great GM, HC and DC.  Love it!  

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah Sheehan has been riding the Daniels train for a couple months now. But remember this is the same guy that had a huge man crush on Sam Darnold too and lambasted the team for not acquiring him last year. 

We can't be right about everything, WH.  We're going hit on some and bomb on others, Brother. :) Regardless of if that's Sheehan, JP Finley or Josh Harris.  Hopefully, the hiring of Shen proves to be a homerun.

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah Sheehan has been riding the Daniels train for a couple months now. But remember this is the same guy that had a huge man crush on Sam Darnold too and lambasted the team for not acquiring him last year. 

Yup Sheehan and SIP's guy Darnold :806:

Sorry SIP, couldn't resist

• Haha 2

McDaniel was ragged on for being weird, but Sean McDermott seems to have him outdone:

https://people.com/buffalo-bills-coach-apologizes-bizarre-9-11-speech-8413334

Buffalo Bills head coach Sean McDermott held an unscheduled news conference on Thursday to apologize for a bizarre 2019 speech he made at a team practice in which he referenced the terrorists behind 9/11 as an example of strong team unity.

"My intent in the meeting that day was to discuss the importance of communication and being on the same page with the team,” McDermott, 49, told reporters. “I regretted mentioning 9/11 in my message that day and I immediately apologized to the team.”

The apology came after GoLongTD.com reported on the 2019 speech and other outlets, such as ESPN, confirmed the 2019 speech took place with players who were on the team at the time.

McDermott told reporters Thursday that his intent behind the speech “was the importance of communication and being on the same page as a team.”

But within an hour after making the speech, McDermott said he began to realize players didn’t understand why he referenced the 9/11 hijackers and held them up as an example of unity, leading him to bring the team back together to apologize.

I hope whatever weirdness our next coach has won't end up as a story about why he sucked.

• Confused 2

On 12/5/2023 at 9:23 PM, Warhead36 said:

To give him credit he's hit and miss like the rest of us.  But what's annoying is he rarely references his misses.

I recall for example him touting Kirk before they drafted him.  He was out on Wentz from the jump the previous off season.  Took an odd journey with Haskins where he didn't like him before the draft but then bought into him after seeing him play.  Yeah Darnold he was dead wrong about.  Ditto Trask.

On 12/6/2023 at 7:07 AM, DWinzit said:

Yup Sheehan and SIP's guy Darnold :806:

Sorry SIP, couldn't resist

lol for those who know my posting history, they'd get the joke.  But for those who didn't, they'd think am an idiot.  I hated Darnold.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

On 12/5/2023 at 9:41 PM, RWJ said:

We can't be right about everything, WH.  We're going hit on some and bomb on others, Brother. :) Regardless of if that's Sheehan, JP Finley or Josh Harris.  Hopefully, the hiring of Shen proves to be a homerun.

That's true.  I don't give Sheehan a hard time for being wrong about Darnold.  It's that he was so relentless about pushing it AND never really had a mea culpa on it.

For example, I liked the idea of trading for Russell Wilson but when he bombed last year, I said I was wrong.  He's actually playing better this year.  But now I still wouldn't do it. 

I like Sheehan but IMO he needs to be a bit more honest if he's going to be so tied to his predictions about players.  

• Like 1