Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Giants - Failed to take advantage of the falling Giant!

zCommander

11 minutes ago, Conn said:

agree with your sentiment but just wanted to comment (not an attack on you personally) that this mindset of playoff football as “bonus football” instead of thinking of the regular season as the precursor to real consequential football is such a mark of a loser organization—and a fanbase used to the losing. Can’t wait for the day when the bar is higher and the lens through which we evaluate the season is totally different. 

I have a completely different relationship with Washington football compared to most here, so I'm not here to argue what's right or wrong. I don't feel like I'm a part of the organization, and I won't shed a tear or feel like I've achieved something if Washington wins a Super Bowl. For me, a playoff win wouldn't feel much different than a Super Bowl win. The benefits are the same; in fact, the Super Bowl means the end of the season and no more football for months. Bonus football, on the other hand, provides an extra weekend to watch a team I'm somewhat emotionally invested in and engage in conversations here. I often feel more connected to these discussions than the results on the field, and I feel like I have a part in this.

Moreover, the perspective that playoff football is meaningless is something I can't comprehend. It seems like an entitled fan's perspective, desiring to cling to some grand plan for building a championship organization. In my view, building such an organization requires a Hall of Fame QB who's willing to make sacrifices and work closely with their organization for 15 or more years. Only then might you have an organization capable of consistent success over two decades. The days of Washington in the 80s are long gone.

Many teams have won SBs by getting the at bat through a wild card slot. 

Edited by wit33

1 minute ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Ron Rivera - when you decipher the mumbling, quite good at identifying the problem, ****ing hopeless at finding any solutions and has been for 4 years

Sam Howell - I think the fan base are so desperate for and have been starved of elite QB play for so long that factions of it are trying to convince themselves that there’s something there by making excuses for him. He’s ok, but ok ain’t good enough and we should be aggressive in the off season to find an elite QB.

Yeah, I'm starting to give up on him. Lousy first halfs.

3 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

If ownership intends on firing the entire coaching staff in the offseason, including EB, there’s no point in jettisoning Ron mid-season because there are no viable candidates worth giving the interim role right now, but if the owner wants to give EB a trial period before making a decision on him after the season, this is the best time to pull the trigger.

EB is pure trash dude. There is no trial. He sucks. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

RiverSunk Ron's inability to lead these men is horrible , because that's his only job. Everything is delegated to his coordinators. As for EB, this doesn't look like a west coast offense, which was basically made for poor offensive lines and getting the ball out quick. He didn't scheme up anything. Nothing was Innovative today. 

Master of the obvious post, I know... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Why? The last time Magic tweeted everyone took it as the general laying down a warning.

Nothing happened. 

Yet.

If owner wants to wait until end of the year, what I took from Magic was a lot of people should be on notice when he says that.

No way Ron is back for year 5, can probably bet on black with that one now.

I'd be shocked if he got fired midseason, EB is looking mad suspect on offense and JDR barely knows defense enough to make me believe he can help the offense improve if he's interim.

I'm waiting to see if this gets ugly like the past or stays professional like these new folks said they would.  Dont out clown the clown show you inherited, please.

12 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

We still have the Patriots game!

And I think this is the problem with this team honestly.  We can do this because we are fans but I think they do it also.  You can’t afford to do that if you play in the NFL.  There are NO easy victories.  When there is a blow out victory in the NFL it’s because the team blowing the loser out did NOT take a victory for granted and prepared properly.  Then they did the job they are supposed to do. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Ron Rivera - when you decipher the mumbling, quite good at identifying the problem, ****ing hopeless at finding any solutions and has been for 4 years

Sam Howell - I think the fan base are so desperate for and have been starved of elite QB play for so long that factions of it are trying to convince themselves that there’s something there by making excuses for him. He’s ok, but ok ain’t good enough and we should be aggressive in the off season to find an elite QB.

like Mahomes? How many future firsts would it take to trade for him?

or you talking about drafting another guy? first you have to fix the oline before you bet the future on a kid that you hope fixes all your problems

Ive read we could get kirk back if we wanted him

Edited by dunfer

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah that is a real truth bomb.  I like Sam Howell.  This is hellish what he is being put through as essentially a rookie QB, by the worst O line I have ever seen.  The O line does not protect him. He has no time to decipher anything and I think this will come out this week, as the emotions die down and people watch the tape.  The Giants at will were coming at him from the edges, up the middle, unabated the entire first half.  And the continual stuck on stupid calls by EB were maddening. No screens, slants, to get the ball out quicker. I think Howell has a place in the league and I am rooting for him.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

24 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I honestly blame the troubles with him and Forbes on the coaches. They don’t help these dudes win. 

While I agree coaching sucks, what does coaching have to do with fact that he drops balls practically every game?  Maybe you can blame his inability to win routes on coaching, but not the suspect hands. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

If ownership intends on firing the entire coaching staff in the offseason, including EB, there’s no point in jettisoning Ron mid-season because there are no viable candidates worth giving the interim role right now, but if the owner wants to give EB a trial period before making a decision on him after the season, this is the best time to pull the trigger.

How do you know this for certain? Hell, I'd be totally fine with bringing in a re-tread who I respect just to get their perspective once the season ends. For example, name a guy with a good track record with QB's just to let them help Sam out for the rest of the season. Hire a defensive coach who's respected and will analyze what we have moving forward. 

Hell, hire Jay Gruden back as a head coach and name London Fletcher as interim DC. Tell these guys their job is to evaluate and be aggressive in games. 

It can't be and wouldn't be worse than the **** show we have now. 

• Thanks 1

Picked a great weekend to be out all day hiking and getting skis for the kids for winter. 

One of the great things breaking the emotional attachment with the team did, which can’t be undone, is I’ll never feel like a regular season game must be watched. Even a divisional game. That feeling is going forever. But it means I do things like take the family out for the entire day, have a great time and missed… well, whatever the hell you call today. 

• Like 1