Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington @ Atlanta

zCommander

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Another barely-won contest where I only care about Howell’s growth. Don’t think it portends any change in what I thought about this team for the rest of the season, I see mostly the same flaws and question marks.  

Howell can play in this league. However, he seems dead set on setting a new NFL record for sacks taken. 

Our line is crap, but he is holding onto the ball far too long and taking a ton of unnecessary sacks. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Conn said:

Another barely-won contest where I only care about Howell’s growth. Don’t think it portends any change in what I thought about this team for the rest of the season, I see mostly the same flaws and question marks.  

Agree. Howell was incredible in the first half. Meh in the second. Kind of what you would expect from a young guy. But I have seen enough to know he can play well in this league. Not sure we have any chance to pick high enough in this upcoming draft to replace him anyways. He is most likely the guy going forward. Even with a coaching change imo.

• Like 3

Just now, Renegade7 said:

So are the Falcons.

We're inconsistent, not the same as bad.

If we're over .500 after the Patriots game, j don't care which we are, we in the conversation at least

Well at least it is a away game and we are better away then in front of a sold out home game. 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is true, they have gone backwards so badly and Barkley is banged up, I'll stay optimistic this close to a win, wait for prediction thread

Don’t really see any optimism to take from this win, but I’m in “subsist until Black Monday” mode personally minus observing Howell’s development. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

This is a win that pisses you off in April in the draft. I think they lose this game with really any other starter in the league. 

This was a battle between two teams just begging for new staffs. We may have won the battle today but it’s going to hurt us in the long run. I’m now out on Sam. His sack totals are just going to be super high. It’s not going to be considerably better. 

Being 100% honest, I actually don't really feel like there's been a major upgrade from Turner to EB beyond a personality that hasn't driven the locker room to revolting. Turner was coordinating with both hands tied behind his back when he had no QB for two straight seasons. EB has a QB, and has had okay moments, but so did Turner too.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, Skinsfan1311 said:

I came into the thread to celebrate.

Now I'm sorry that I did.......😔

I’m celebrating. Don’t let these storm clouds distract you from the sunshine. Today the falcons, next week we stomp out the giants in front of their terrified fans. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2