Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

8 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Curious why you think its good for us?  If they don't want a QB Id have to think they would just trade down with someone who wants a QB.  Assuming we end up with the #2 pick we will be selecting the 2nd QB in the draft.  Unless of course we trade up.

Wouldn't you think Chicago would check in with us first if they were looking to deal? Theoretically, they could trade back multiple times with each team behind them to stock pile an insane number of picks until they get to a spot in the draft where they're comfortable.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Curious why you think its good for us?  If they don't want a QB Id have to think they would just trade down with someone who wants a QB.  Assuming we end up with the #2 pick we will be selecting the 2nd QB in the draft.  Unless of course we trade up.

I think it’s good under certain scenarios.  Small chance that Chicago picks a non-QB = good for Washington.  Also, if Washington wants to trade up to #1, there is a better chance that Chicago will be willing to do that if they aren’t QB hunting.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, illone said:

Gibbs famously listened to Portis and Moss on the drafting of Sean... I've heard of other cases of this, anecdotally of course, but it seems logical to me that a competent FO would at least pay attention to what the locker room prefers. 

https://www.quora.com/How-important-is-it-for-NFL-personnel-executives-to-listen-to-players-perspectives-before-making-decisions Not saying I agree with this article, but some valid angles in there.

Pats have beat the Jets 16x in a row, or is it 15x...

Yes players may have input on picking a safety vs a tight end. But they are making a far bigger decision that will probably determine the near future of the franchise.  And if management is ready to upgrade the most important position in sports they aren't going to change their minds because some players like Justin Fields.

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Wouldn't you think Chicago would check in with us first if they were looking to deal? Theoretically, they could trade back multiple times with each team behind them to stock pile an insane number of picks until they get to a spot in the draft where they're comfortable.

most teams can do this.  It assumes there's no player they really want

Course who knows, they could trade down then try to trade back up in a way that still lets them come out ahead

I honestly hope it doesn't come to this.  I'd hate for us to have to give up two additional firsts and a second cause that's what the team picking at six offered

https://www.bigblueview.com/2024/1/4/24022157/nfl-draft-is-trading-up-in-the-first-round-to-draft-a-quarterback-worth-the-cost

This is a NYG based article that can apply to any NFL team and is very extensive...some of you will really enjoy this as it gets into the details and history of picking a QB high in the draft along with the risks of trading up to get one. Almost always the team trading out of the higher pick gets the better end of the trade. There's a lot to unravel with what we do at #2 including the option of trading back. Many times the teams that traded up to get their man could've sat tight and gotten the better QB in the draft and many times the team that traded back did better in the long term. There's some good history referred to in this article. I hope this works for those of you who are interested in checking it out. 

6 minutes ago, MrJL said:

most teams can do this.  It assumes there's no player they really want

Course who knows, they could trade down then try to trade back up in a way that still lets them come out ahead

I honestly hope it doesn't come to this.  I'd hate for us to have to give up two additional firsts and a second cause that's what the team picking at six offered

Based on the article I just read, we wouldn't have to give up nearly that much because of how close our pick would be to the #1. I guess the further back you are when trying to move up the more you have to offer but I totally get what you're saying. Chicago is in a seriously great position with those two high picks they have and having a QB they can deal to get even more picks. 

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, illone said:

This seems like good news for us. Why would Chicago start over at QB if they are running it back with the same system?

Matt Eberflus runs the Bears D.

Him coming back does not mean they will run the same offensive system.

32 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yes players may have input on picking a safety vs a tight end. But they are making a far bigger decision that will probably determine the near future of the franchise.  And if management is ready to upgrade the most important position in sports they aren't going to change their minds because some players like Justin Fields.

Im not saying it's THE deciding factor, I just wonder if it's A factor.  I'd think it would have some weight, but most likely totally subjective to the people and specific situation.  In the end Im venturing a guess based on limited information since i have no insight into their decision making process. It's pure hypothetical based on how I might approach things.

cheers 🍻

5 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Jayden Daniels looks pretty skinny. Almost Forbesish. Will he hold up?

If he adds a few pounds he would basically be the same size as Trevor Lawrence - not too worried about his size. More worried about the way he throws his body around. He NEVER slides smh

Edited by ThatNFLChick

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

If he adds a gew pounds he would basically be the same size as Trevor Lawrence - not too worried about his size. More worried about the way he throws his body around. He NEVER slides smh

That is true. I have a hard time believing he is 220 lbs. The scale wont lie at the combine! LOL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

That is true. I have a hard time believing he is 220 lbs. The scale wont lie at the combine! LOL

JD was 160 pounds as a freshman at ASU... I know he has put on some weight since then, but very doubtful he has added 60 pounds.  Id be shocked if he was over 200.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, illone said:

JD was 160 pounds as a freshman at ASU... I know he has put on some weight since then, but very doubtful he has added 60 pounds.  Id be shocked if he was over 200.

Agreed. His WIKI page says 220! Not a freakin chance. 

Edit: it says 210 still no chance. LOL

Edited by rumplestilskin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Idaho fan said:

57 minutes ago, illone said:

I think their phone is already ringing with offers.  However, assuming they keep the pick, I have to assume this news means they will not select a QB which gives us more flexibility.

And we could be the ones trading with them to get the QB we really want instead of taking the QB they don;t want of the top 2. So yes, it is very good news for us if they plan not to take QB at #1. Others will try to trade but they only have to trade one position with Wash so they are gauranteed whatever player they want that's not a QB - see MHJ and pick up some more draft capitol. It's not likely to cost us too much for one spot.  

Unlike you nerds who look at stats and “film” to evaluate the top QB talent in the draft, I will be doing my tried and tested eye test. 

Unlike most, my eye test is not based on highlights or game breakdowns. No sir. I simply take a look at the man’s mug and judge him solely on his face. 

So that I am as impartial as can be I will be using ESPNs head shots so that there are no unwanted variables such as resting **** face or the dreaded Beyoncé face.

694ACD18-9464-4DBE-9E20-39C4787354E4.thumb.jpeg.9ccfa92644e2bd2b3115a1f2d861464d.jpeg

without further ado, here are the top five starting with number 5.

Ladies and gentlemen, Bo Nix

A68A9733-90B8-41A7-80DE-C2DB8A847940.png.42b88a234b536f65718602d21d341816.png

I said it before and I’ll say it again, this young man looks like he sells fake insurance to retired folks. I won’t be surprised to find out this guy is selling used dodge hellcats in a few years time. Hell I’d put money on it if Vegas would let me.

Probability I’d let him date my daughter. 0%

Next at number 4 we have a young man with a nice smile but something is just a little goofy, like he actually kinda reminds me of goofy.84ADA585-3B42-42E8-B4D6-E56145672A51.png.ad5d281b13c7d719023724a58f7acd99.png

Jayden Daniels has a nice smile though and overall he not too ugly.

Probability I’d let him date my daughter, 14%

Next is a man everyone is talking about us taking but I’m telling you there’s something about this kid I don’t trust. At number 3, Drake Maye.

08A45376-93F7-423D-88F4-7E1F14DDD250.png.b21b50bcf1f420eaa3322006aee419fa.png

Look at that smirk. So smug. It honestly probably means he’s really good and knows it, but until he proves it, I will constantly be looking over my shoulder wherever I go.

Probability I let him anywhere near my daughter -100%

Coming in at number 2 is a guy with a rather bulbous nose.9194E8CE-A23F-487C-8350-BC8C3BD5BA64.jpeg.b7ccebc7e583f9743489bedd29d8fb34.jpeg

Michael Penix Jr.  Lol, you said Penix. I’m sorry the man looks perfectly fine but I just can’t with that name. Also I have the same nose, so I like him. 

Probability Id let him date my daughter, 75%.

And finally, da belle of da ball, Caleb Williams.

5C988435-B58F-4BDA-AA38-29CE30DC7770.png.fd086109c2f5f32db7da4bbf81699ed6.png

As with all my crushes, this one is yet again out of our reach. As it was with Tua and Luck, it seems to be our fate once again to get denied a date with the homecoming King. 

Probability I’d let him date my daughter. 100%z

Edited by CobraCommander
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

19 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Jayden Daniels looks pretty skinny. Almost Forbesish. Will he hold up?

I wouldn't invoke the Forbes card. That dude was 166 lbs. Ether-weight.

Even if he is not 220 like some sites say, Daniels probably will have like 40 lbs on Forbes.

He does have a lean build tho.

At any rate, at least we won't have to go through the insane "he can put on 35 lbs before the season" impossible nonsense peeps were spouting about Forbes.

I want to hope that lesson is generally understood now on a community level.

***Not calling anybody out... just snuffing future arguments.

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

I wouldn't invoke the Forbes card. That dude was 166 lbs. Ether-weight.

Even if he is not 220 like some sites say, Daniels probably will have like 40 lbs on Forbes.

He does have a lean build tho.

At any rate, at least we won't have to go through the insane "he can put on 35 lbs before the season" impossible nonsense peeps were spouting about Forbes.

I want to hope that lesson is generally understood now on a community level.

***Not calling anybody out... just snuffing future arguments.

I was half playing using the Forbes card with an attempt at humor. He is super skinny though. At 6'4 he is a long target. Not sure how many big hits he can take.

• Thumb up 1

36 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

If he adds a few pounds he would basically be the same size as Trevor Lawrence - not too worried about his size. More worried about the way he throws his body around. He NEVER slides smh

Hmm...where have I heard that before???

RG3-Cutout-FTW.jpg

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, illone said:

This seems like good news for us. Why would Chicago start over at QB if they are running it back with the same system?

I said something about this earlier. They could add MHJ and Bowers or another DE to pair with Sweat.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Reminder of what you should believe come draft time:

image.gif.35d775aeee04469159d6bb1fafc6759f.gif

So its totally believable that Maye might be viewed as #1 over Williams but not at all believable that Daniels might be #2?  In a year where Lamar Jackson is winning MVP and Baltimore is rhe best team in the NFL? Hmmm. 

50 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

https://www.bigblueview.com/2024/1/4/24022157/nfl-draft-is-trading-up-in-the-first-round-to-draft-a-quarterback-worth-the-cost

This is a NYG based article that can apply to any NFL team and is very extensive...some of you will really enjoy this as it gets into the details and history of picking a QB high in the draft along with the risks of trading up to get one. Almost always the team trading out of the higher pick gets the better end of the trade. There's a lot to unravel with what we do at #2 including the option of trading back. Many times the teams that traded up to get their man could've sat tight and gotten the better QB in the draft and many times the team that traded back did better in the long term. There's some good history referred to in this article. I hope this works for those of you who are interested in checking it out. 

Based on the article I just read, we wouldn't have to give up nearly that much because of how close our pick would be to the #1. I guess the further back you are when trying to move up the more you have to offer but I totally get what you're saying. Chicago is in a seriously great position with those two high picks they have and having a QB they can deal to get even more picks. 

Kind of backs up what I said about Atlanta they did not trade up like a few of the other foolish teams. It is not easy to find a good QB. They said, 1 in every 3 first rd. picks makes it, the rest bust. Nos. per PFF suggest it's even harder to have success moving to pick a top QB. The 5 most recent trade ups went the other way. Why trade up? Trade downs have been a better option. 

• Thumb up 1