Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

In the offseason, McCloughan was on Sheehan talking about the draft and how much it changed over the years. He said that 15 years ago you could watch film and it would tell you 80% of what you needed to know about a player's draftability but now he says it's flipped.  That 80% of understanding if a player will have a successful transition to the NFL is from communicating with the player to find out focus, work ethic, attitude, goals, etc.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

RG3 gave us a division championship as a rookie. And was heading for absolute superstar territory without the injury. I would still make that trade and pick 100 times out of 100. And Caleb Williams is a far better passer than RG3 ever was. Like lightyears better.

Oh I get it now. You are Allen

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I’m not sold he’d struggle, personally. But he is very, very similar to Howell. And he will need time to develop and a lot of patience. If we give him that, he could be a great snag. 

This is where it’s really hard to evaluate when we don’t even know who the head coach or GM is yet.

Not sure how he do in the pro game either, but he is not what he is projected to be

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

That all part of being unlikely as fans. Getting rid of the old management are luck should change.

Every player we have taken for the most part has busted or gotten injured. Since 94 we had like 9 players in 1st round who have not busted, gotten injuried, or passed away.

My point is that it is largely not luck, but incompetence. You create your own “luck” by being an organization that makes good choices, draws top employees, and develops young players. Our luck is only going to change because everything else is going to change. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

You do it to prevent someone else from paying even more to jump you, if you love your guy that much. The Bears aren’t going to stand pat at #1 and take a non-QB. They’ll trade down or take a QB, that’s just how it always is. Someone values the top guy that much. 

You aren't wrong, all I ask is listen to noise about that first...if there's a bidding war should be obvious.

They could hose people into trading more then they want depending on perception of them wanting to take Caleb themselves...dont jus give them what they want...

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I’m not sold he’d struggle, personally. But he is very, very similar to Howell. And he will need time to develop and a lot of patience. If we give him that, he could be a great snag. 

This is where it’s really hard to evaluate when we don’t even know who the head coach or GM is yet.

My biggest hiccup is that I can’t sell myself that his decision making is at all any better than Howell.

but take out the Campbell game he had 20 tds and 9 picks with his hardest opponent being an extremely mediocre Clemson team

Even your small analysis would have me asking why even bother drafting him then. When I could draft a prime OT and roll with Howell

or get a kings ransom for a trade back and build ammo for a trade up next year? 

• Like 2

Just now, Skintime said:

Not sure how he do in the pro game either, but he is not what he is projected to be

I don’t think any of the top QBs are. In some cases I have more hope for the second tier guys to develop than I do the first tier guys to hit.

The problem with us picking so high, though, is Chase Young. Not him him… but the fact we went Edge under the Snyder/Rivera era is going to put a lot of pressure on Harris/GM (from media and fans) that they need to go QB.

They can always just not listen… but if they go another way and they’re wrong… 

Wont be pretty.

• Like 2

One of my sons went to UNC, saw Sam play a lot, Can carry a team but gets in trouble trying to do too much. I hope he does well, UNC's system is not an easy transition to the pros. May would have a difficult transition as well. I would like to see Sam with a better supporting cast, he looked shaken today. Big difference from the stat of the season

My guess is that we draft an o lineman and somehow end up with Russell Wilson

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

You aren't wrong, all I ask is listen to noise about that first...if there's a bidding war should be obvious.

They could hose people into trading more then they want depending on perception of them wanting to take Caleb themselves...dont jus give them what they want...

I agree with that.

I think their direction will become pretty clear, because they won’t be able to walk that tightrope of pretending to want Caleb (or any other QB prospect) without losing Fields if he’s their guy. If he really is their guy (I doubt it) then there will be an open bidding war for #1, no need to hide it. If he’s not, then he’ll be getting traded. 

Remember the Cardinals situation. They couldn’t hide that they were taking Kyler by draft night, it was known. And they traded Rosen almost instantly. 

The Bears won’t be able to fake teams out that they want Caleb, because if they do the pick won’t be for sale. If they’re taking offers and conducting a bidding war, they don’t want him and are sticking with Fields. Pretty transparent imo. 

• Like 2

If this team drafts an OT at #2 or #3, as much as we need an OT, facepalm.  We need a lot more than an OT outta the 2nd or 3rd overall.  Moreover, the utility of any offensive lineman rapidly drops off -- they don't need to be able to run 4.3 the length of the field, no style points for perfect pancakes, etc.  WIth OL, you need guys who can do what you need them to do, not be The Best Ever.  The difference between 2nd/3rd round OL in a deep draft and what we have now is sufficient to justify not using a high first on OL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

My point is that it is largely not luck, but incompetence. You create your own “luck” by being an organization that makes good choices, draws top employees, and develops young players. Our luck is only going to change because everything else is going to change. 

100% true. Successful people/orgs make their own “luck” by working harder than others, being better at what they do, and constantly looking for ways to improve.

SF traded up for a QB who busts and they are still dominant because they are hitting on other picks, trades, elite coaching etc.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Redskinscub said:

One of my sons went to UNC, saw Sam play a lot, Can carry a team but gets in trouble trying to do too much. I hope he does well, UNC's system is not an easy transition to the pros. May would have a difficult transition as well. I would like to see Sam with a better supporting cast, he looked shaken today. Big difference from the stat of the season

My guess is that we draft an o lineman and somehow end up with Russell Wilson

Getting Russ would be a very Snydery move.

Edited by rumplestilskin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Wait! I didn’t know Rick Snider had an account on this board!

I've never listened to that dude before until I went to his YouTube channel last night.  After reading what everyone was saying I couldn't help myself so I had to go see for myself.  First impression I get is he's a 50 yo virgin, broadcasting from his elderly moms basement and yes I was annoyed immediately by the "give me two minutes' ............Once again my information comes from here and only here lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

They can always just not listen… but if they go another way and they’re wrong… 

Wont be pretty.

Plus I think Harris needs a face of the franchise guy. He has to be embarrassed about attendance his first season as owner. It is time to put some excitement into that abomination of a stadium. 

2 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

My biggest hiccup is that I can’t sell myself that his decision making is at all any better than Howell.

but take out the Campbell game he had 20 tds and 9 picks with his hardest opponent being an extremely mediocre Clemson team

Even your small analysis would have me asking why even bother drafting him then. When I could draft a prime OT and roll with Howell

or get a kings ransom for a trade back and build ammo for a trade up next year? 

I’m with you. And yet, somehow, I still think he’s the safest of the three big names.

Williams has the highest floor/ceiling factor.

Tough to explain but…

Williams range is like 10 ceiling:5 floor. His median is 7.5

Maye is probably a 8:3. Median 5.5.

Daniels is like 10:1. Median 5.

But I think Maye has the best chance of being overall mediocre…

But of the three he has the least chance of being a dawg

1 hour ago, Daniel.redskins said:

I've been Howell's biggest supporter all season. But he is a second late on every single throw. If he hasn't learned now, he won't. Thankful for our #2 pick. 

Forbes is truly an awful NFL player. The new regime may decide to just cut losses and move on.  

That’s just not true on Forbes. Since getting destroyed by AJ Brown, he has been a solid corner when he has played. His PFF rating has trended up over the season (he was in the 40s and is now at 55 and ahead of Deonte Banks). I thought he looked okay today. He had good coverage on Aiyuk on that catch down the field but Aiyuk just made a great catch. Asking him to cover Aiyuk for 10 seconds on that TD catch while Purdy had 10 seconds to throw is not reasonable. 

With a real DB coach who can clean up his technique and a real FS to work with, I think he is going to end up as a solid #2 type of corner, which is not what you want from a first round pick but is not bust territory either. Think Jamin Davis when it comes to level of play