Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

If there’s one win we need to root for more than any other tomorrow as it relates to SoS, it’s that Pittsburgh pulls off the upset against Seattle. 

Obviously, the main teams we should be rooting for over the next two weeks above all else are the Pats, Cardinals and Panthers (and whoever plays against the Bears). 

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 4

We should move back to #3 when we lose tomorrow against the 9ers.  I think we have the hardest schedule even with SOS factored in with 9ers and Dallas over who NE plays. Also, NE plays the Jets at home last game of the season.  I can't see the Jets beating the Pats.  Stranger things have happened. 

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 5

• zCommander changed the title to 2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Current Pick #4
6 hours ago, RWJ said:

We should move back to #3 when we lose tomorrow against the 9ers.  I think we have the hardest schedule even with SOS factored in with 9ers and Dallas over who NE plays. Also, NE plays the Jets at home last game of the season.  I can't see the Jets beating the Pats.  Stranger things have happened. 

Don't know if I misunderstood your comment but the easier SOS picks first so we want all the teams we faced this season to lose as much as possible. Us losing to the 49ers makes our schedule harder which is theoretically bad for us. But that doesn't matter because the Patriots losing has the same effect on their SOS. So all our games are a wash if both lose. Hence, it's all about the other games if both teams lose out.

• Like 2

We may be at a point where SOS becomes tough for us to flip. We really need some “upsets” to go our way. Mainly Dolphins > Ravens and Saints > Bucs and Steelers > Seahawks. Seems like we need 2/3 to happen if everything else goes the way it should (chalk)

Our chances of going 0-2 have been increased with the Dallas win but we need the Pats to beat the Jets next week for good measure. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Well we now pick 4th so obviously rooting for Dallas to win was not right. 

Yeah, most likely. But it’s not definite, we’ll have to see how it plays out before we know which side was correct. I was surprised to see people were so worried that Dallas benching a few key players would lead to us winning that game, considering we will also have players sitting out. But there’s some merit to the argument.… Winning against Dallas would be a much bigger disaster than losing the tiebreaker with New England.

• Thumb up 1

58 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Except it was, because we need a motivated Dallas team to beat us next week or we won't be picking even that high.

The tiebreaker with NE remains a toss-up and I still think they are likely to beat the Jets next week anyway. 

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Losing the next 2 games locks them into the top 4.  The biggest threat to that is Dallas going half speed in the last game of the season so we want Dallas to play to win.

Top 4 puts us in the QB derby and Marvin Harrison Jr., who is arguably the best player in the draft.

Winning a game could knock us down to #7 and past the NY Giants from within the division who also would likely kill for one of the QBs or Harrison.

Those rooting for a Dallas win (me included) were very aware that the SOS was better for a Dallas loss.  But lose the battle to win the war.  Hopefully we get back to #3 and have an outside shot at 2 but picking 4 wouldn't be super cool, too.   You'd be in easy position to trade up if you wanted to. There is always a chance one of the top 3 takes Harrison because he's that good, where a QB falls.  Though I'd bet right now the QBs go 1,2,3.  But Harrison Jr. is a great consultation prize.  And of it McCarthy declares you'd be in position to be in front of the line for him.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Losing the next 2 games locks them into the top 4.  The biggest threat to that is Dallas going half speed in the last game of the season so we want Dallas to play to win.

Top 4 puts us in the QB derby and Marvin Harrison Jr., who is arguably the best player in the draft.

Winning a game could knock us down to #7 and past the NY Giants from within the division who also would likely kill for one of the QBs or Harrison.

Those rooting for a Dallas win (me included) were very aware that the SOS was better for a Dallas loss.  But lose the battle to win the war.  Hopefully we get back to #3 and have an outside shot at 2 but picking 4 wouldn't be super cool, too.   You'd be in easy position to trade up if you wanted to. There is always a chance one of the top 3 takes Harrison because he's that good, where a QB falls.  Though I'd bet right now the QBs go 1,2,3.  But Harrison Jr. is a great consultation prize.  And of it McCarthy declares you'd be in position to be in front of the line for him.

Yes. Though the chances of us falling all the way to 7 are really unlikely. It probably drops us to 5. Although there is a fair chance we could win next week and still end up 3rd. A lot still in play with those tiebreakers. 

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep. Harrison and the three QBs, and then there is a tier drop. 

Nice to see Kyler Murray is playing. I don’t think it’s that crazy to think they could beat the Eagles. Go Cards!

3 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Yep. Harrison and the three QBs, and then there is a tier drop. 

Nice to see Kyler Murray is playing. I don’t think it’s that crazy to think they could beat the Eagles. Go Cards!

I do think it's crazy. No way the Cardinals have a chance in that game

As an aside, I have done pretty well with reverse jinxes over the years. Just saying. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1