Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

9 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

To say that a high pick can't fix the team because it didn't in the past is to say that the new front office will be as bad as the next one. If I bought into that, I'd quit covering the team and write about high school frisbee leagues instead.

We've drafted QB, OL, DL, WR, CB, S and LB early in the 1st round this century. None of it worked. Guess we have to go TE or RB. Or maybe a K?

I like how people want to talk themselves into Justin Fields after 3 years of sucking. Sure, he has positive assets. Sure he could go all Drew Brees and become a stud in year 4.  But are you really going to pass on a QB in a good QB draft at #1 overall after being a below average team for 3 years of Fields? How many games do you have to lose with Fields before thinking, maybe there is a different answer? And I'm not sure what value Fields actually has. If he was a rookie, it can make more sense. But you're heading into an offseason where you are forced to potentially pick up a guarantied fifth year option at big money for a QB that has yet to prove he's even league average. And trade good assets for said player? I'd pass. Some team will surely make a bad decision and make a move, but Fields seems only a slightly better "gamble" than Sam Darnold was due to his ability to scramble. Otherwise, why not sign a Baker Mayfield stop gap type?

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Jericho said:

I like how people want to talk themselves into Justin Fields after 3 years of sucking. Sure, he has positive assets. Sure he could go all Drew Brees and become a stud in year 4.  But are you really going to pass on a QB in a good QB draft at #1 overall after being a below average team for 3 years of Fields? How many games do you have to lose with Fields before thinking, maybe there is a different answer? And I'm not sure what value Fields actually has. If he was a rookie, it can make more sense. But you're heading into an offseason where you are forced to potentially pick up a guarantied fifth year option at big money for a QB that has yet to prove he's even league average. And trade good assets for said player? I'd pass. Some team will surely make a bad decision and make a move, but Fields seems only a slightly better "gamble" than Sam Darnold was due to his ability to scramble. Otherwise, why not sign a Baker Mayfield stop gap type?

Multiple journalists have said that NFL scouts consider Caleb W to be the best QB prospects in many years. And people are convinced the Bears will pass on that because Fields is looking like he can become maybe the 15th best QB in the league (mind you, he has a ways to go for even that).

Don't see it. Would be beyond shocked if t happens. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

We've drafted QB, OL, DL, WR, CB, S and LB early in the 1st round this century. None of it worked. Guess we have to go TE or RB. Or maybe a K?

How many of the front offices this century had been hired by an owner who wasn't effectively kicked out of the league?

Edited by NickyJ

12 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Dallas is going to lose more than likely.  I was hoping they would win so they would play their starters last game of the season against us.  We shall see.  

Now gotta hope for a Giants win over Philly.

At this point, though, if they both win out, Dallas would play their starters because a win and a Philly loss the last day of the season would still give Dallas the division. 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

wait, a chance to go up doesn't make sense?.While both the Cards and Pats could have ended up with an equal number of wins(the Cardinals lost so that didn't work) both have a weaker SOS meaning we couldn't just them this week

2 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Washington has had a god awful scouting department for a long time. Not to mention the decision makers.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Dallas is going to lose more than likely.  I was hoping they would win so they would play their starters last game of the season against us.  We shall see.  

If they beat Detroit next week they are still in it to win the East. Best case scenario, Pats win tonight, 49ers lose tomorrow so they don’t overlook us, Eagles lose to Arizona next week and Cowboys beat Detroit next week. 

2 hours ago, Jericho said:

**** justin fields.........so much that I did not capitalize his first letters in his name.

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Even better would be if Eagles lose to the Giants tomorrow.

We want them to lose to Arizona so we can jump them. If they lose to Giants and Arizona then we need Detroit to beat the Cowboys. Cowboys have lost 2 in a row and they are undefeated at home. I think they win that game. 

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

We want them to lose to Arizona so we can jump them. If they lose to Giants and Arizona then we need Detroit to beat the Cowboys. Cowboys have lost 2 in a row and they are undefeated at home. I think they win that game. 

If Philly loses those two and Dallas beats Detroit, Dallas would win the division by beating us.

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

It occurs to me that if we wind up at 4, we may have to move up so the Giants etc don’t leapfrog us for a QB.

**** that's a scary thought. I think the top 3 guys are legit prospects (Williams, Maye, Daniels). After that there is a huge drop off to Penix or Nix. We HAVE to find a way to get one of the top 3, especially after Howell completely imploded.