Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

14 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

After Allen's popping off on the Junkies today, I really hope we could flip him for a high pick. I wonder if a bottom of the first contender would be willing to take Allen for a low first?  The draft is finiky.  Unpredictable.  A complete crap shoot.

If you're picking 25-32 in the first, you're a good team that possibly wants to win now.  

Allen would be an immediate contributor, you wouldn't have to pay his signing bonus, and he'd probably be super motivated. Known commodity vs. unknown.  

It would be wonderful for this team to have another first round pick, even a low one. I'd take a high 2nd, but if you're a team drafting high in the draft order, you probably want rookies more than veterans....

This week was certainly not the week Allen should have been talking. He made almost no impact on Sundays game. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I haven't been following this thread closely but I'm curious about something.

Am I reading the last page correctly, does head to head not matter in draft order?

The giants can still draft ahead of us if we finish with the same record?

strength of schedule is the first tie breaker - then its head to head second if that is somehow tied. There are others after that if there is no head to head.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, MartinC said:

This week was certainly not the week Allen should have been talking. He made almost no impact on Sundays game. 

Here is the thing I was thinking about recently: No one we expected to be the core of the team 2-3 years ago is having an impact. Not Allen, not Payne, not Curl, not Fuller, not McLaurin, not Dotson, not Robinson (really, lack of opportunity)...no one.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MartinC said:

strength of schedule is the first tie breaker - then its head to head second if that is somehow tied. There are others after that if there is no head to head.

Pretty sad that a team that beat us twice might end up with a higher draft choice.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Here is the thing I was thinking about recently: No one we expected to be the core of the team 2-3 years ago is having an impact. Not Allen, not Payne, not Curl, not Fuller, not McLaurin, not Dotson, not Robinson (really, lack of opportunity)...no one.

Depressing but true. I still would really not like seeing Terry in another uniform though. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Depressing but true. I still would really not like seeing Terry in another uniform though. 

Honestly, I'd like to see all applicable under a functioning, innovative, not-beat-my-head-against-the-wall-predictable staff.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

I still would really not like seeing Terry in another uniform though. 

For his sake it would be understandable though.  At least he’d have the opportunity to achieve something because fixing this cluster is going to take yearS.  And years….

• Thumb up 1

I don't wanna trade Terry unless we're blown away by an offer. Whether we keep Howell or draft a guy, we need to make sure he has guys to throw to or his development will be effed.

I think Terry's down year this year is more so due to his turf toe and a terrible scheme/playcalling. This is the same dude who got 1000+ yards from the likes of Taylor freaking Heinicke.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Robinson is our best shot at a Pro Bowler this year outside of Tress. He has sneakily had one of the best seasons of an NFC RB this season

• Like 2

Bears and Cards have both played much better in recent weeks. Bears just won in Minnesota and had the Lions all but beat in Detroit. Cards just routed the Steelers in Pittsburgh and have looked a lot better since Murray's return.

I don't think there is a team playing worse right now in all facets of the game than us except maybe the Panthers. Even the Patriots defense has actually been really good, they've lost the last three games despite allowing 10 or fewer points in all three games which is a first in league history. If we had their defense we'd be in the Wild Card right now.

14 minutes ago, method man said:

Robinson is our best shot at a Pro Bowler this year outside of Tress. He has sneakily had one of the best seasons of an NFC RB this season

I love BRob. He has taken a huge step forward this year--especially given his use and the number of shotgun draws we run...

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

It’s easy to suggest that we simply don’t have high end talent, that none of them are as good as we might have thought.  IMO, the fact that all of these guys have played at a high level/been productive (I guess you could argue about Dotson though) suggests the problem lies elsewhere… namely coaching and the FO.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't wanna trade Terry unless we're blown away by an offer. Whether we keep Howell or draft a guy, we need to make sure he has guys to throw to or his development will be effed.

I think Terry's down year this year is more so due to his turf toe and a terrible scheme/playcalling. This is the same dude who got 1000+ yards from the likes of Taylor freaking Heinicke.

I don't think we'd get more than a 2 for Terry.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Bears and Cards have both played much better in recent weeks. Bears just won in Minnesota and had the Lions all but beat in Detroit. Cards just routed the Steelers in Pittsburgh and have looked a lot better since Murray's return.

I don't think there is a team playing worse right now in all facets of the game than us except maybe the Panthers. Even the Patriots defense has actually been really good, they've lost the last three games despite allowing 10 or fewer points in all three games which is a first in league history. If we had their defense we'd be in the Wild Card right now.

The Jets are playing worst then us. We will beat them on Christmas eve. That will put us at five wins will drop us down in the draft. 

Edited by Redskins 2021

8 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

The Jets are playing worst then us. We will beat them on Christmas eve. That will put us at five wins will drop us down in the draft. 

No body is playing worst then us right now, not even Carolina.  Jets have a nice defense and will beat us because we have the worst defense. We are at how bad can we get mode. I see us losing out. 

33 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

It’s easy to suggest that we simply don’t have high end talent, that none of them are as good as we might have thought.  IMO, the fact that all of these guys have played at a high level/been productive (I guess you could argue about Dotson though) suggests the problem lies elsewhere… namely coaching and the FO.

I fully agree. When it's team wide like this--and guys are in or are entering their prime--and they all fall off a cliff, it's a team-wide issue.

• Thumb up 1

37 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

No body is playing worst then us right now, not even Carolina.  Jets have a nice defense and will beat us because we have the worst defense. We are at how bad can we get mode. I see us losing out. 

I say your right but the can't move the ball on offense. They have 11 offensives Td on the year. We could lose but this is one we should be able to get.

Edited by Redskins 2021