Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

51 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Respectfully, I feel that we have tried this route before. We had Garcon, Jackson, Reed, Crowder and still was not elite. Two years ago we drafted Dotson to pair with Terry and Samuel and we still are not elite.  We also tried the "generational" QB route with RG3 and Haskins, still didn't work. Let's build the **** line like Dallas and Philly. This is the year to take the franchise tackle. 

To expand on your point, we've tried the franchise LT tackle thing twice in Dan's era, heck even bookend tackles and still didn't win.   Why?  It's about building a good roster.  It's not about this position versus that positiion.  We've mostly had good o lines in Dan's era ironically and we've mostly sucked.  Yet i still want to build the o line because I don't think its all about any one unit where the team's wins and loses are predicated by whether one unit alone elevated the roster.  It's about building a roster that's strong and balanced.

I don't get the we tried the generational QB route point.  We all know this is a QB driven league.  Haskins was graded by their own scouts as a third rounder let alone seen as generational.  RG3 got hurt.  Stuff happens.   I think we are likely OK though with Howell.   O line doesn't trump QB.  Nothing does. 

Dallas and Philly have BOTH killer O lines and playmakers.   And they both got good QBs and they got good defenses too especially Dallas. 

IMO It's not about this thing versus that thing.  This team IMO majors in not having elite players.  Let's change that if we can.

You'd be hard pressed to find someone here who whined more this off season than me about the lack of talent on the O line.   I am all in on addressing it.  But the whole off season isn't about the first round pick alone.  We got 4 other picks in the top 100 and 90 plus miliion in cap space. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 8
  • Thumb up 2

36 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Respectfully, I feel that we have tried this route before. We had Garcon, Jackson, Reed, Crowder and still was not elite. Two years ago we drafted Dotson to pair with Terry and Samuel and we still are not elite.  We also tried the "generational" QB route with RG3 and Haskins, still didn't work. Let's build the **** line like Dallas and Philly. This is the year to take the franchise tackle. 

Not really sure what you’re getting at with these examples, we had a really good line when we had those weapons. D was our Achilles heel back then. We’ve built the line before. We extremely recently had two stud top-5 picks on the OL along with a homegrown 2nd rounder and mid rounders. 

None of those weapons were a Harrison-level stud, btw. 

Also Haskins was not remotely generational, just for the record. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, YouLikeThat said:

So it looks like we need to root for the Patriots Bucs Titans and Jets today.

TB w/ a home game vs Car feels like a lock.  (4pm)

The other 3 are 1pm games. We won't have to wait around all day to see how the updated records sake out, especially if Tampa is in control early.

Less stress watching other games. More enjoyment.

46 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Can they move up after today’s results?

Nope,  but Arizona has a higher SoS, so if they can finish today and win one more, gives a chance to jump them by seasons end. 

Edit: technically we will look like 4th with bears being 4-8 vs 4-9.  But if they lose on our bye they take it back.   Jets and bucs as well,  meaning we could be at 7th if these teams are at 4-9 next week. 

Edited by CommDownMan
  • Like 2

• zCommander changed the title to 2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Current Pick #4
1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Meh not in our conference anyway 

Good point. So, it will be real cool to see Maye vs. Howell in the SB. UNC QBs against each other. I mean it won't happen but if it did. Just a crazy thought. Okay I think it time for my nap now lol

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 11:46 AM, JamesMadisonSkins said:

4, for sure. 

5, maybe. Depends on whether a 3rd QB sneaks in there.

If the draft starts:

1. Bears - Caleb

2. Cards - Maye

3. Pats - Daniels

4. Bears - 95% chance they go Harrison, we get Fashanu at #5

If the draft starts:
1. Bears - Caleb

2. Cards - Harrison, Jr.

3. Pats - Maye

4. Bears become a bit of a wildcard. Fashanu would make some sense though they just drafted Wright at #9 last year. Bookend OTs would be really appealing. But this could also be a prime trade-back spot to a team in the Top 10 that wants Daniels. That would leave Fashanu in our laps at #5. 

Maybe Fashanu rises up the boards and becomes a Top 3 target and thus a trade up for candidate for #4. But my gut is that would be a QB spot and a trade-down for the Bears.

Total wildcard would be Bears going with a CB at #4 in that scenario. Either way Fashanu lands at #5.

Bears going tackle dude there OL worst than ours and DJ Moore is a number1. We would have a shot at Harrison jr especially now that we are #4 as of right now I believe .

1 hour ago, Commander202 said:

Bears going tackle dude there OL worst than ours and DJ Moore is a number1. We would have a shot at Harrison jr especially now that we are #4 as of right now I believe .

From every mock I've seen, there's no way Arizona passes on Marvin Harrison Jr. 

1 hour ago, Commander202 said:

Bears have 2 picks in the 1st 5. With their 1st one they are going to go QB since their QB is worse than their OL. With their 2nd pick they can go OL or move down in a rich OL draft. 

On 12/1/2023 at 4:58 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

To expand on your point, we've tried the franchise LT tackle thing twice in Dan's era, heck even bookend tackles and still didn't win.   Why?  It's about building a good roster.  It's not about this position versus that positiion.  We've mostly had good o lines in Dan's era ironically and we've mostly sucked.  Yet i still want to build the o line because I don't think its all about any one unit where the team's wins and loses are predicated by whether one unit alone elevated the roster.  It's about building a roster that's strong and balanced.

I don't get the we tried the generational QB route point.  We all know this is a QB driven league.  Haskins was graded by their own scouts as a third rounder let alone seen as generational.  RG3 got hurt.  Stuff happens.   I think we are likely OK though with Howell.   O line doesn't trump QB.  Nothing does. 

Dallas and Philly have BOTH killer O lines and playmakers.   And they both got good QBs and they got good defenses too especially Dallas. 

IMO It's not about this thing versus that thing.  This team IMO majors in not having elite players.  Let's change that if we can.

You'd be hard pressed to find someone here who whined more this off season than me about the lack of talent on the O line.   I am all in on addressing it.  But the whole off season isn't about the first round pick alone.  We got 4 other picks in the top 100 and 90 plus miliion in cap space. 

God rest his soul, I totaly forgot about the Haskins pick. The Haskins pick really affected this franchise negatively. That pick probably set the team back three or four years.

I forgot that Snyder really wanted him and made that happen over the front office telling him not to do it.We probably don't take chase young if Haskins was not here at the time. Team would look totally diffrent.

Edited by Redskins 2021