Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Commanders vs. Da Bears - Got Mauled By The Bears!!!

zCommander

@Skinsinparadise I’m dropping my guess at wins from 10-7 to 6-11.  

The reason is I didn’t expect the defense to be anywhere near as bad as they are and I don’t see it changing this year.  I get that it has gotten better in years past.  This year, I’m not sure it will.  

So while I think the QB play is much better overall, OL might be the same, might actually be a little worse, the defense is a complete and total train wreck.  I didn’t see that coming.  

Can’t win with that. 

So I’m dumping 10-7 for 6-11.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I don't get the complaints about lack of runs either. We were down double digits most of the game. The Bears secondary is full of backups and jags. Everytime we ran the ball we did them a favor. 

The rest of the season should just be all about letting Howell sling it 50+ times a game. Best case scenario he develops and we have a legit passing attack, which we'll need since apparently the defense is gonna be giving up 30 points a game now. Worst case he gets crushed in which case we just tank and end up in the Caleb Williams/Drake May sweepstakes anyway. 

Part of the issue is we struggle sucking that bad to get the #1 pick. 

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The offense has not played well enough over the course of an entire game at all this season except last week. They've had one good game and two good halves(tonight and Denver). They still only ended up with 20 points tonight which is below league average and WELL below what a garbage defense like the Bears was giving up.

The defense is horrendously bad, but the offense isn't that much better. 

Scored over 30 points twice. Only one really bad game against the Bills.

They are not playing complete games - but they are playing well enough to win. If, IF, the defense was playing even close to what was expected.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I haven't seen anything but the Slye missed field goal, and I hate to ask this, but..... Are you sure that things didn't start clicking because it was 27-3 and the clock hit the Kirking hour?

They got it to a FG attempt for a 7 point game.  

garbage time was after the final TD from Brown.

Down 10 with 6 minutes to go is a legitimate can-win scenario.  

• Thumb up 2

Ownership is not going to do anything. I believe they are legitimately taking the year to watch and learn. Furthermore, they are new to the league and a strong first impression is going to matter. Letting Rivera and the Martys go with grace is one of the things that is going to help them attract top talent here

Just now, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Cut him. Too many big fumbles and Samuel can fill some of that role.

It's really a shame. Guy has the natural talent or an All Pro. But he has zero instincts, and hooks for hands. 

Maybe next time don't spend a 3rd round pick on a guy that is basically a Project player. It did NOT work.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Sometimes it does feel like the NFL is scripted. All I have to do is watch Chase Young some plays. Him and the LT will hug each other in agreement. Saw it two games in a row. 

You’re seeing Young being lazy on those reps, just letting the OT’s body into his. The OT is doing his job though, just letting Young run himself out of the play 

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I agree, but I think there is a chance Rivera might be losing them. I mean the way we opened the game tonight was just pathetic. It looked like we weren't prepared at all. That's on coaching not getting to the players. 

Its not so much that I think the players suddenly hate Rivera or anything like that, but sometimes the voice just gets stale and you need something new/fresh. 

I don’t think so. As I said in the prediction thread, getting up for this game on a short week after they left everything on the field in Philly only to come up short REALLY concerned me.  

I don’t think he’ll lose the locker room.  I think the defense is just absolutely horribly coached.