Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Commanders vs. Da Bears - Got Mauled By The Bears!!!

zCommander

There can be no way Del Rio doesn’t lose his job after tonight. 5 straight games giving up 30 points  including a 40 piece to a Bears team who hasn’t won in a year. Every time I think this team can’t put together an  even worse primetime performance than the one before they prove me wrong every time. 

Edited by BeachBlitz757
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

Del Rio has to go, but they don't really have a credible interim on the staff.  Zgonina is the best we can do probably.

Letting Chris Harris go to keep Del Rio is going to bring down Rivera's regime.

I agree but I think Ron is going to bring Ron’s regime down 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, dyst said:

It’s difficult and I know people have grown to like our homegrown talent but you have get draft capital by trading these guys. By the time we are good, if that ever happens, Terry will be 30, the defensive line will be 8+ years into their career etc. 

We need to get you younger, faster and better.

I love Terry but he doesn't physically take over games like other WRs. He's great and if he played for a team with a good QB he's probably an All Pro but if some team offers a 1st for him I'd pull the trigger(assuming his contract doesn't blow up our cap).

Since Harris hasn't hired a new GM yet if I were him I'd call up every other team and let them know that EVERYONE is available for trade(except for guys who we can't trade due to cap issues it'd cause).

Even our supposed good players are infested by suck. Its time to start fresh. I mean if a defense with six first round picks gives up 40 to the freaking Bears than what do you have to lose?

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 3

Just now, Destino said:

I just can’t get over how bad this defense is. Why are they so bad? I never expected them to be great, but for them to be this horrible is a surprise. 

I was expecting a top 5 defense. Its officially the worst in the league 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This right here, this is becoming the norm. I don't care what the offense does, we can't win like this. One receiver can completely torch this defense, I want to wake up to some firings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don’t want to hear any more talk from anyone on the Defense about how “great” they could be. The defensive coaches and players should be embarrassed by a pathetic performance.   You ask fans to show up and this is what you give them?  Against the bears?   

1 minute ago, dyst said:

It’s difficult and I know people have grown to like our homegrown talent but you have get draft capital by trading these guys. By the time we are good, if that ever happens, Terry will be 30, the defensive line will be 8+ years into their career etc. 

We need to get you younger, faster and better.

people will be amazed how much more fun it will be to root for a young, scrappy rebuild that is coached well and built by a competent GM. We won’t even miss all of this veteran “talent” that’s been disappointing us for years, if they do a fire sale. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Harris isn’t going to fire Ron after this.  

Ron should fire JDR though.

but he won’t.

”stay the course.  10 year plan Ron.”

If Harris dosen't fire someone he will loose a lot of credibility with the fans..

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I think this is more a Celebration of Life Death

FTFY

If you told me folks were tuning certain coaches out, I'd believe it today.

The whole game I don't think Ron's mic ever came down to his mouth versus pointing straight up in the air. 

He's not sayin anything to tune out, but he seemed way to cool for someone job is on the line. Unless he's okay with that...

Edited by Renegade7

Just now, bh32 said:

If Harris dosen't fire someone he will loose a lot of credibility with the fans..

I can understand him not firing anyone mid season. It'd be way too Dan Snyder-esque and its probably not in the team's long term best interest.

He'll definitely fire him as soon as the season ends though at the absolute latest.