Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday thread - Eagles

MartinC

16 minutes ago, Conn said:

I’m fine with EB throwing his hat in the ring for the OC spot under the new staff our new HC will put together (that our new GM hires). I don’t really have interest in him being the HC here as things stand right now. I reserve the right to change my mind on that.  

We're a VERY VERY VERY long way from any of those decisions.  

It's really going to be fascinating to see how it all plays out.

I just selfishly don't want Sam to have to learn another offense.  We did the same thing to Jason Campbell: Gibbs, Saunders and Zorn offenses in 4 years.   He also had to learn new ones in College.  JC was never going to be great.  But the constant switching of offensive systems definitely stunted his growth.  

While I want new direction, new FO, and a new HC, I want the same offense for Sam. 

But ...

You Cant Always GIF - You Cant Always Get What - Discover & Share GIFs

1 minute ago, MrJL said:

not really, no.  You can't run hurry up on a conversion and you don't rotate OL the way you do DL.  The Iggles could have probably had five or six fresh guys vs three or four for us

Rivera is a play it safe type of HC, that's why we will end up with a 7/8 win season (again). Ending up picking in the 15/20 range in the Draft, out of reach of the very best OL that he continues to ignore in his 4 years as HC. Any resemblance of average OL and we are at least 3-1.

37 minutes ago, dunfer said:

If you can see his foot hit the turf and there is a sliver of green showing between his foot and the sideline white then it should’ve been overturned. That’s what slo mo and zoom and HD is good for.

I always heard that the body is part of the ground. He landed on his arm witch was in bounds at the time.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

I would love to have EB as our HC.  He is a high energy guy that knows football.  Our offense is turning a corner to being a top 10 unit.  

Cool. I’d like to see more than 1 decent game, 2 good games, and one horrible game before I make that call. We have very little data right now. At the end of the day if Howell is a stud and EB is essential to that, I’d be open to it if the new GM is. 

• Like 1

Just now, markmills67 said:

Rivera is a play it safe type of HC, that's why we will end up with a 7/8 win season (again). Ending up picking in the 15/20 range in the Draft, out of reach of the very best OL that he continues to ignore in his 4 years as HC. Any resemblance of average OL and we are at least 3-1.

I don't think the Eagles OL last week would have gotten a win for us with the way Sam played.  

We did actually win 2 games already.

Would a better OL have helped today?  Yeah, sure would have.  Would we have won?  Maybe. Maybe not.

If Dotson catches the 3rd down throw at the beginning of the second half or McLaurin gets his foot down, we might have won anyway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Cool. I’d like to see more than 1 decent game, 2 good games, and one horrible game before I make that call. We have very little data right now. At the end of the day if Howell is a stud and EB is essential to that, I’d be open to it if the new GM is. 

I agree.  I'd like to see a whole lot more. 

I do wonder who the new GM is going to be.  

One thing people never seem to realize when pining for a GM to make decisions: there are plenty of REALLY bad GMs out there which make REALLY bad decisions.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

This game represents this year's team IMO.

We can be very good in stretches, but we're just a half step to a step away from putting it together. That's what separates the good teams from the contenders.

We look like a wild card team who could get hot at the right time and do some damage in January, but we're a year away from being a real contender. Fortunately, we're very close. But being just barely away is going to cause a lot of heartache over the year as we deal with more near-misses and coulda-shoulda-woulda's.   

We're not close.  That's fool's gold.   

We simply do not have the proper braintrust that comprises the FO to make the meaningful changes talent-wise to catapult this franchise into an elite one.  

We also do not have a good enough HC, DC and possible members of the surrounding staff to be an upper echelon franchise.  The've wasted so many draft picks and they've consistently demonstrated that they can't coach the talent they do have well enough.  

It will always be something that keeps this franchise down with the current people in charge.  It's why they've never really done squat in the NFL.  Their entire tenures are mediocre ones.  We have to cut ties with this regime or every year is gonna look like "One more year with a great draft is all we need.  We're close!"

Meanwhile, the Eagles and Dolphins organizations of the NFL just lap us and laugh as they do it.  I'm personally sick of Ron and his entire mediocre staff.  I cannot stand the sight of him and I refuse to even listen to his pressers.  I don't wanna even hear his voice; it's like listening to nails on a chalkboard for me.  

The Harris group has gotta get some real **** done this offseason so we don't waste the few great players we do have like Terry and Jon.  

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Way had a low-key bad game.  Several of his punts were not good.  With Elliot, you couldn't give the Eagles any extra yardage.  

Yes. Probably Ways's worst game in Washington. Really this entire special teams unit needs to take a look in the mirror after the first 4 weeks of the season. 

• Thanks 1

Next time we play Philly, on 4 & 1, RUN THAT ****ING BROTHERLY SHOVE BULL**** back at them.......Dont bring no ****ing 6'5 TE to try to get the first. 

That dumb**** only worked the first time was because Sam Howell pushed him....throw that dumb ass play in the trash. 

And if we are ON THE ROAD and its either go for 2 or go to OT, GO FOR ****ING 2!! 

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We're a VERY VERY VERY long way from any of those decisions.  

It's really going to be fascinating to see how it all plays out.

I just selfishly don't want Sam to have to learn another offense.  We did the same thing to Jason Campbell: Gibbs, Saunders and Zorn offenses in 4 years.   He also had to learn new ones in College.  JC was never going to be great.  But the constant switching of offensive systems definitely stunted his growth.  

While I want new direction, new FO, and a new HC, I want the same offense for Sam. 

But ...

You Cant Always GIF - You Cant Always Get What - Discover & Share GIFs

It’s about 5 months away, not long at all. If Howell is actually good he won’t be Campbell’d. Campbell was never going to be good. It’s better to make one more, final change to get him in the best situation to succeed than to just stay with what’s comfortable if it’s not the best option. It remains to be seen if it seems like the best option or not, but it’s going to happen quickly in the grand scheme of things. 

• Like 2

Just now, CobraCommander said:

Wow when have a heard that before? Seriously though that’s such a big knock against Rivera.

Pundits were still having us taking a QB in the draft. If we do, it should be in the later rounds. We have what we need in Howell. Now address our main weaknesses.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

That's the stupidest thing I've heard him say yet.  Like the worst by far.

The defense was gassed and demoralized.  The offense was running on adrenaline.

What a stupid decision and stupid reasoning for said stupid decision.

I wanted to go for 2, but if he says they were gassed - I have to take him at his word.  

Just now, SkinsFTW said:

That was definitely the situation that you go for 2. The odds that we would score and they wouldn't in OT just wasn't good. But their tired defense giving up 1 more play after watching Howell drive 90+ yards was much more likely 

I didn't have a problem playing for OT there, honestly because I don't want to put my faith in either running it in from the 2 or pass protection holding up for one play.  Tired/not tired, whatever.  

I had a much bigger problem with running the same damn idiotic first down stretch run to the right side for no yards than I did not going for 2. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Moral victory for the offense not the defense. I think it makes it interesting as for whether we want like 95 million on the cap for the D line if we brought all 4 back 

I think we have the two most important pieces signed. But I dont see how you cant bring one of the ends back this off season. One is walking for sure imo.

16 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Way had a low-key bad game.  Several of his punts were not good.  With Elliot, you couldn't give the Eagles any extra yardage.  

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I think we have the two most important pieces signed. But I dont see how you cant bring one of the ends back this off season. One is walking for sure imo.

Let Young go.

• Like 1