Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday thread - Eagles

MartinC

I hate the Eagles like I hate overboiled and unseasoned vegetables and losing to them always feels bad but we went into this game as 9.5 point underdogs. They were supposed to beat the breaks off of us and after the showing against Buffalo at our place, I don't blame them for setting that line. 

Philadelphia needed a long field goal to wrap that game up in overtime. Lord knows it could have been so much worse. I don't like "moral victories" either but I can't be too upset about this one. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, CobraCommander said:

The last 24 years will do that to you.

I thought we hired a gambler for a HC. He’s out of his depth. 

On one level, I want to forbid my child from ever supporting Washington sports, but it did teach me some important life lessons that I never would have learned watching the Pats or whatever.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I mean what’s the point of even showing up to the game. Like what’s it’s all been for? Why have you coached a team for 4 years and then when you have a chance to win, you pass?

If the NFL had had the 2pt conversion during the 70's and the Cardinals had refused to go for 2 in this situation, Conrad Dobler would've punched his own coach.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Alexa said:

I sure hope not. Not a fan of his offense. 

I'm not necessarily a fan of his O with the way the  team is currently built.  But with an offseason where ownership isn't in question and the owner really opens his wallet, some important adjustments can be made

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Bears are that bad, we might...

We seem to mostly play to our opponents level, this the mediocrity and .500 seasons. Every now and then we get blown out but I can’t remember us blowing out too many opponents. 

all that said, the bears are actively tanking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Got burnt by Swift for the 2nd year in a row and it won’t be the last time 

True, but really I’m more disappointed the announcers didn’t make a Kelce Swift joke. It was right there the whole game.

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This might be my Andy Reid bias, and I fully admit it, but I like EB.  I think he’s also going to improve as a play caller.  But I love the offense in general.  

I kidof hope no matter what EB or another Reid offensive disciple is here so Sam doesn’t have to learn a 3rd offense in 3 years.  

Ron and everybody else can go fishing in the Mississippi.  But I like EB.

I’m fine with EB throwing his hat in the ring for the OC spot under the new staff our new HC will put together (that our new GM hires). I don’t really have interest in him being the HC here as things stand right now. I reserve the right to change my mind on that.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rogue Jedi said:

If your offense was gassed, how did expect to win in overtime even if you win the toss and then have to drive 65+ yards?

Absolutely dumb statement by Rivera. 2 yds and momentum on your side. You play for the win there then.

Agreed. I said earlier if we score we should hurry up go for 2 because theyll be tired too. 

A Howell QB draw woulda been perfect against a fatigued DL that cant sub out.

• Like 1

For those mad about Rivera not going for 2, hindsight is 20/20 especially they don’t get the 2-point conversion.  Plus Rivera has a terrible history when it comes down to this particular situation.  Loss is on the defense in OT for not getting a stop

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Really needed to win this one so when we play them in 4 weeks it would have been okay to lose one to them. Now we have to win that one. 

That’s fine it was a close game

If we are 5-2 by than the fans will pack fed ex field and I like our chances . Eagles secondary this season been pathetic and I can’t see our defense giving up 31 again.

idk what it is but our defense plays a lot better mid season

Edited by Commander202
  • Thumb up 1