Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday thread - Eagles

MartinC

Just now, Rogue Jedi said:

Unrelated to game thread, but Terry Bradshaw needs to retire. It’s painful to hear him struggle to get through these highlights

I don't feel any different then I did about Sonny, everyone knows it, but let him go out on his own terms...

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Defense is going to allow 10 points against the Eagles offense in a half of football. No way you can complain about that. We can hang with these guys and anyone else in the league on any given Sunday. 

Being able to hang with a division opponent is one thing.  You know them well.  It's not just being able to do this against the Eagles.  The great teams are able to do it against anyone.  To illustrate this very point, in '95 we beat the Cowboys twice - with Shuler and then with Gus.  We were not a good team that year and the Cowboys won the SB.  We just happened to match up with an opponent we played twice a year. 

We have yet to show under Ron that we can do this against the majority of our schedule the way teams like the Eagles can.  Maybe we show it this year but last week certainly didn't make a case for this. 

• Like 1

No idea how this plays out.  But as I predicted, division games are crazy and anything can happen.  

I said in the Bills prediction thread I wouldn’t be shocked if we lost to the Bills and beat the Eagles.

Even though it would seem the Eagles are a worse matchup.

So we’ll see.  

The will have to get to 32 points minimum though to win. 

• Like 1

Ok, Lets fly on over to the Eagle's forum and peck their brains a bit:

That couldn’t have been worse, 7 pts down is not too bad considering how the offense has been playing

****ing hot garbage all around for offense. Brian Johnson gotta go if this continues

These announcers are so pro-Washington it’s not even funny.

Guy1:How did the commanders manage to get Bieinemy and we get this Johnson fella

Guy2: Cronyism?

Did he say "..a quick giggity outside"?

If hurts works so hard how is he still so ****?

• Thanks 1

We're winning and it looks solid.

EB running the offense that every fan and commentator has called for him to run. Passing at the goal line and his stupid delayed handoff that he loves suck, but the rest has been great.

This offense needs an athletic TE to work and we sat out one of the best TE drafts in history, but I'm glad Thomas is healthy this week so far.

JDR sucks. Forbes looks better. Butler is the worst player on this team and that Smith catch is more on him than Forbes.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

So sick of giving up big plays moments after this D should have gotten off the field. Even when you overdraft dudes specifically to get turnovers, it’s no guarantee you get them. 

Exactly. I am convinced the way to manufacture turnovers is by blitzing. Otherwise we hold our breath drafting Forbes hoping for a WR to tip a ball to him in zone to get a pick 6. the reason we drafted him. 

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Is Bradshaw having a stroke? Like seriously, he's slurring like crazy, not drunk.

he should’ve been off TV a decade ago, why do these decrepit rich guys even want to do this every season, go live your life. Embarrassing every week. 

Dude sounds like Bilbo slurring about his eleventy-first birthday on stage in the Shire 

• Haha 1

Just now, RandyHolt said:

Exactly. I am convinced the way to manufacture turnovers is by blitzing. Otherwise we hold our breath drafting Forbes hoping for a WR to tip a ball to him in zone. 

And god forbid that WR outweighs him by 50 lbs like AJB does 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redwards said:

Being able to hang with a division opponent is one thing.  You know them well.  It's not just being able to do this against the Eagles.  The great teams are able to do it against anyone.  To illustrate this very point, in '95 we beat the Cowboys twice - with Shuler and then with Gus.  We were not a good team that year and the Cowboys won the SB.  We just happened to match up with an opponent we played twice a year. 

We have yet to show under Ron that we can do this against the majority of our schedule the way teams like the Eagles can.  Maybe we show it this year but last week certainly didn't make a case for this. 

Our defense played much better than that score last week.

You can't turn the ball over 5 times and not expect to get rolled.

Buffalo has put up 31 in the first half this week.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Conn said:

he should’ve been off TV a decade ago, why do these decrepit rich guys even want to do this every season, go live your life. Embarrassing every week. 

Dude sounds like Bilbo slurring about his eleventy-first birthday on stage in the Shire 

That was a great speech tho

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

We cut Wylie?!

I should have said defense.  :ols:

1 minute ago, dyst said:

I’m general or specifically depth? Also was this in response to a specific play?

He let Smith run right in front of him. Pass before, he let the WR run right past him. He does this often.