Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 4 - The Commanders @ The Eagles ~ Somebody Is Getting Their Feathers Plucked?

zCommander

This could get ugly really fast on Sunday.  EB is going to have to call a game similar to how Washington played Philly last year in order to have a chance.  This O-Line is going to get violated in ways that are unholy, if EB calls a pass-happy game on Sunday.  This is the kind of game where we need to rush the ball at least 40 times, and limit the Eagles TOP as much as possible to keep the game close.  I think we can keep it a close game if we go run-heavy.  If so then my final score is:

Washington 24

Philadelphia 27

If EB wants to call a pass-heavy game then the final score will go:

Washington 10

Philadelphia 38

• Like 1

I think EB is an idiot and will call the same game he has for 3 straight and the Eagles will tear us apart and Sam won't finish the game. Brissett will look decent in garbage time and it'll divide the board at QB again.

Eagles 38

Comodes 13

I'll put the over/under on sacks at 10

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Eagles O-line looked exhausted at the end of the game in Tampa and they have a short week vs a good defensive line. The only chance we have is by running the football well and beating the Eagles defense with some trickery/gadget plays. Arizona just thumped Dallas with this formula.

Sam will have to throw less than 18 passes for us to have a shot....and he'll need to throw 2 TD passes.

Birds                      38

Commandskins      15       

• Like 3

Going to need the ball to bounce our way to even be competitive... honestly we have been getting really good treatment from refs these days minus never calling roughing the passer when Sam gets murdered. 

The eagles were dealing with a stomach bug... I expect a hydrated and healthy team with a healthy beat down, the little bit of fan enthusiasm from the bandwagon will be running real low. I can't even drink during this one bc I have to drive to Nashville, I probably roll at half and listen to country music through tears all the way to music city. 

My delusion is over.  The combination of Sam having a tendency to hold onto the ball too long, our O line operating like turnstiles, EB refusing to create some balance between the run and pass game, without radical adjustments, we lose. 

Philly has a comparable D line to the Bills, so we need a flexible EB, to take some of the pressure off Sam, come up with a new design and allow Robbins and Rodriquez to run a lot more. We have had no balance.  And the D line must be able to get pressure on Hurts and force a couple of turnovers.

With no adjustments:  Philthy - 28

Commanders -10

With adjustments - Philthy - 17, Commanders, 20.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

My delusion is over.  The combination of Sam having a tendency to hold onto the ball too long, our O line operating like turnstiles, EB refusing to create some balance between the run and pass game, without radical adjustments, we lose. 

Philly has a comparable D line to the Bills, so we need a flexible EB, to take some of the pressure off Sam, come up with a new design and allow Robbins and Rodriquez to run a lot more. We have had no balance.  And the D line must be able to get pressure on Hurts and force a couple of turnovers.

With no adjustments:  Philthy - 28

Commanders -10

With adjustments - Philthy - 17, Commanders, 20.

The Bills have an average defense with 2 good LBers and 1 good DE. Eagles have an elite defense that almost broke the sack record last year and now potentially the next Aaron Donald.

This is going to be ugly.

Eagles are a machine with a million ways to beat you on both sides of the ball.  And don't think they've forgotten how we walked into their stadium and took away their undefeated streak last year.  That was a very fluky game that went our way.  Not gonna happen twice.

Eagles D line will feast.  

Sam will possibly be sacked more than last week.  YIKES!

Our offense continues to be led with subpar gameplans that don't feature the run, which is the only thing half working right now.  I have no idea why our WRs can't get open.  It's as if we don't even have them on the team.

I am nearly certain we lose.  I'm confident we get embarrassed.  

Eagles 38

Skins   13  (I could see this even being only 10 points)

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

The Bills have an average defense with 2 good LBers and 1 good DE. Eagles have an elite defense that almost broke the sack record last year and now potentially the next Aaron Donald.

Admittedly it is going to be quite the task. But it will sure bode better for the outcome if EB gets the right game plan together, which should be run heavy, and then some throws to our talented squad of receivers. Let the TE's block for Sam.   And our D has to play like they did when we beat them last year.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel.redskins said:

This game will be a disaster and should not be used as a measuring stick.  Playing two contenders back to back can be demoralizing for a rookie QB.  If you need to take a Sunday off to be on good terms with the wife, this is the one.  34-10 team.  

Alternative point. if you have to avoid watching a football game because the wife would rather you not watch the game, maybe you have the wrong wife. 

Or maybe your (your being the collective person not you) just a jerk to her every other day and she wants you to spend one friggin day with her.

Either way you have screwed up and must reverse course. 

My wife and I will watch the Ders lose together: 42-17 eagles

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 1