Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Sam Howell Just Got Sacked Again! (Buffalo Edition)

KDawg

4 minutes ago, Searchingforaqb said:

The D line are far too inconsistent, it's maddening 

Howell has only 4 starts, but he has to just throw the ball away, no one will criticise him for doing so 

Elite QBs beat good DLs. Our DL will still win us games but if you wanna beat a Josh Allen when hes on form you better have a guy if similar tier. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I dunno, I think it's kinda hard to blame WRs when the OL is giving up pressures on 70% of snaps and the QB is then making terrible decisions on top of that.

It's a chicken or egg, is he holding the ball and making bad decisions because no one is open or is nearly every play dead by design and defensive scheme?

I agree the OLINE is trash.

Edited by Leonard Washington

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

We scored 35 last week.

Ron will lose locker room before EB does, not Erics idea to spend 4 years "rebuilding" this oline

The play calling today was awful. There was no reason for EB to keep getting Sam hit trying to throw every play and not changing the gameplan. 

Then that garbage at the end of the game risking guys getting hurt in garbage time, still passing, only to kick that BS FG?

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

It's a chicken or egg, is he holding the ball and making bad decisions because no one is open or is nearly every play dead by design and defensive scheme?

I agree the OLINE is trash.

I think it's probably a combination of a few things

1) The OL is hot garbage

2) Teams know they can get pressure with 4 and drop 7, which makes it harder for receivers to get open

3) Howell also sometimes holds on to the ball too long even when he has time

All of those together are a recipe for disaster against decent defenses.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Everyone who has tweeted the pressure rate, provides the caveat ‘some of those are on the the QB’ - which is true.

But to put it in perspective, all the QB’s who faced the high pressure rates this offense sailed by today, were also responsible for some of them as well.

Any way you chop it up, 69% is a wild number. 

As per the stats CBS showed it was actually 79%. That’s more than wild. That’s unacceptable.

• Like 2

There's a trend with EB so far that goes beyond today's game (which has a ton of blame to go around for) and that is he tends to go away from the run for no good reason.  Robinson is ripping off 7 yards, 5 yards, then EB has Howell drop back 5 times in a row?  Look, I know the kind of offense EB wants to run, and maybe if he is around as the OC or HC long enough he will be able to bring in the personnel to make it happen, but 3 games into the season and I feel like EB is not calling the plays to put the current personnel in the best position to perform.  You hae a QB in his 4th start, and EB himself says during the weeks between games that he is going to be seeing a lot of things for the first time every week....so why when it comes to the games themselves, he just decides to stop running the ball when it is working.  No defense through 3 weeks has stopped the run.

I have a feeling Rivera & Bienemy about to have a meeting this week and we will see some of the balance adjusted for the Eagles game. 

So much more was terrible about this game (including some Sam too) and I'll be back later to drop some more ranting.

• Like 2

I'm willing to give EB the benefit of the doubt as he figures out the new team and personnel, even though so far it appears he is not capable of adjusting to the teams strengths and weaknesses. But realistically if he doesn't adjust through the next 2 games his criticisms will be validated.

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Loved watching Sean Peyton squirm and lash out at his presser

The only good that came from today (aside from Dallas losing) was watching that arrogant POS Peyton get destroyed.  I think the whole NFL coaching fraternity hates his guts for what he said about Hackett.  McDaniel ran up the score purposely because of it.

• Like 3