Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Denver

TK

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Inflated a bit by being down 21-3 and the 2 minute drive. Also negative plays force more pass plays. 

You can say that… but we weren’t running the ball anyways.

perspective: 30 passes. 7 rushes. 

Pace: 60 passes. 14 runs. 

If we run a bit more at the start we have more ToP and slow the pace. 

This is something Bienemy has to correct. Mediocre at best OL and a basically rookie QB needs more balance. I’m okay with pass heavy. But need to stop the defense from teeing off on the pass.

• Like 3

Two games, two drives for points before the half instead of letting the clock run out like cowards. I’ll consider that an EB contribution. And a faith in Howell contribution.

To be able to come out with points after the penalty that took away Howell’s run into FG range, that’s resiliency that I haven’t seen at times in the past. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, MartinC said:

Our D needs to create another shirt field for us. Need to create a turnover somewhere in this second half. 

And if we could set an edge at some point as well that would be terrific.

That’s on Sweat and Young. I realize Young is on a pitch count but quite frankly we’re in a scenario where he needs to be on the field much more in the second half. 

Unless the coaching staff is using pitch count as an excuse to keep him out…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Two games, two drives for points before the half instead of letting the clock run out like cowards. I’ll consider that an EB contribution. And a faith in Howell contribution.

To be able to come out with points after the penalty that took away Howell’s run into FG range, that’s resiliency that I haven’t seen at times in the past. 

EB should be confident in Sam. That 34 yard laser to Bates along the sideline is something QBs haven't been able to do for us in ages.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Our D needs to create another shirt field for us. Need to create a turnover somewhere in this second half. 

And if we could set an edge at some point as well that would be terrific.

Nah, we need to blow the top off of their defense, so we should come in with a pants field.

Just now, KDawg said:

That’s on Sweat and Young. I realize Young is on a pitch count but quite frankly we’re in a scenario where he needs to be on the field much more in the second half. 

Unless the coaching staff is using pitch count as an excuse to keep him out…

I wonder the set the edge issue is a discipline issue on the DEs a scheme issue or a lack of talent at backer issue. 

Whatever it is it needs a coaching adjustment. Right now.

Lets get the scoop at the Bronco's stable:

Boy that last 6 minutes was terrible

K jack has to stop that ****, I hope they suspend his ass. Gave the manders the mo…

Feeling like Icarus, flew too high

Alright, we gave them pity points to keep the game interesting at the half. Time to turn things around and beat their ass.

Could the commentators suck Washington off any more than they are. One of many examples: our guy got big time held and Howell got a 15 yard run, the announcers were like great job by Howell to see the opening, so unfortunate they got that holding call. **** the only reason he got past the line was because we were being held

We’re still winning, adjustment time. Let’s go Turner-Yell

We have to be the dumbest ****ing team this side of the Mississippi.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You can say that… but we weren’t running the ball anyways.

perspective: 30 passes. 7 rushes. 

Pace: 60 passes. 14 runs. 

If we run a bit more at the start we have more ToP and slow the pace. 

This is something Bienemy has to correct. Mediocre at best OL and a basically rookie QB needs more balance. I’m okay with pass heavy. But need to stop the defense from teeing off on the pass.

Running for 2 yards isn't gonna help the offense. There is no push on the line.