Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2023 Roster Cuts News & Speculation Thread

MartinC

Haven’t seen anything on Brycen Tremayne yet. It would be a surprise if he makes the 53? 

I think we have Terry, Dotson, Samuels, Brown, Pringle, Tinsley, Milne and Tremayne still on the roster at receiver right now. Can’t see us keeping more than 7.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Haven’t seen anything on Brycen Tremayne yet. It would be a surprise if he makes the 53? 

I think we have Terry, Dotson, Samuels, Brown, Pringle, Tinsley, Milne and Tremayne still on the roster at receiver right now. Can’t see us keeping more than 7.

I hope Tremayne beats out Pringle. 

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I hope Tremayne beats out Pringle. 

He's 6'4 and only 23....Pringle is 29. Let Tremayne grow with Slingin Sammy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Drfustercluck said:

With the exception of Patterson, I understand many of the cuts. However, WHAT IS THE FASCINATION WITH MILNE? He's slow on returns and has a terrible case of the alligator arms. Not a fan.

Ball security.  Zero lost fumbles on 77 opportunities last year.  12th in yards per return, not terrible.  But I get it, he looks to be nothing special and they would probably like to replace him if they found someone with more juice that they can trust.

@kingdaddy that is awesome how you responded to a post, and then right below responded to your own response.   I don't think I've ever seen that done before lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Drfustercluck said:

With the exception of Patterson, I understand many of the cuts. However, WHAT IS THE FASCINATION WITH MILNE? He's slow on returns and has a terrible case of the alligator arms. Not a fan.

He’s the ultimate jack of all trades master of none. He gives you adequate - but reliable - punt returning and can cover all 3 receiver spots on a game day active roster. He just doesn’t do any of those roles particularly well. He’s a useful back of depth chart utility player.

• Like 6

Did Kazmeir Allen play his way off the roster this week?  He looked so promising leading into the Bengals game.  I thought he would be a lock as a return guy with home run potential, then all of a sudden he developed jello hands.

Too bad - but understandable - cutting Patterson.  Easy to root for, a great underdog story, and a local guy to boot.  

1 hour ago, method man said:

It matters. If Howell or Brissett go down, you don’t want a Garrett Gilbert situation where you bring in a guy who doesn’t know the offense

If Fronm gets picked up we're not waiting until one of the others gets hurt to sign someone to the practice squad. We're  getting another guy out of the cuts and your concern is only an issue if they go down immediately 

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

Did Kazmeir Allen play his way off the roster this week?  He looked so promising leading into the Bengals game.  I thought he would be a lock as a return guy with home run potential, then all of a sudden he developed jello hands.

Too bad - but understandable - cutting Patterson.  Easy to root for, a great underdog story, and a local guy to boot.  

Yep. He dropped two passes, muffed a punt (which he recovered) and took a fair catch on a punt on his own 5 yard line. 

He picked the worst possible time to put in a stinker.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MrJL said:

If Fronm gets picked up we're not waiting until one of the others gets hurt to sign someone to the practice squad. We're  getting another guy out of the cuts and your concern is only an issue if they go down immediately 

Your PS QB will get basically zero practice reps. Bringing someone else in is not impossible at all - and in fact it’s something I have advocated for given when I see as the low ceiling for Fromm - but its not easy for them to pick up the system and get any comfort in the offense at this point of the year compared to a guy who has been here right through the offseason program and played well in preseason.

• Thumb up 1

Poor guy is just average, yet Milne has already reached Apke, or that other cat who played safety that JJG was obsessed with, status. Could be a lot worse, think Randle El. We shouldve kept that guy from two years ago, can't remember his name either, probably because I haven't given a shirt about this team much over the last 10 years. 

Good luck to you Dax Maligned, hang on to the rock and run forward !

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Yep. He dropped two passes, muffed a punt (which he recovered) and took a fair catch on a punt on his own 5 yard line. 

He picked the worst possible time to put in a stinker.

Or the best possible time so no one else will claim him and we can develop him on the PS lol

• Haha 1

Despite his drop Saturday, Milne has the surest hands - as a returner and as a receiver - of anybody I've seen in a long time.  That, and not much else, is what he gives you week to week.  He's a safe choice as a return guy.  He's unlikely to break one, and unlikely to fumble away one either.  

It is fun to see a guy like Kazmeir Allen drop a punt, have it roll 15 yards behind him, scramble back and pick it up on the run, then dodge eight defenders as he takes it to the house.  For coaches though - not as fun.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Your PS QB will get basically zero practice reps. Bringing someone else in is not impossible at all - and in fact it’s something I have advocated for given when I see as the low ceiling for Fromm - but its not easy for them to pick up the system and get any comfort in the offense at this point of the year compared to a guy who has been here right through the offseason program and played well in preseason.

Sounds like we have a lot of "potential PS" players. When can they start assigning to the PS?