Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome New Owner Josh Harris

Dan T.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yep, old guard nepotism hire for a friend. Been my take since day one.

Yeah I think Ron's best case scenario is hope EB turns the offense around, they win 10-11 games, and he can maybe transition to a FO position while EB takes over as the HC.

Worst case is everyone gets fired, but that was probably gonna happen anyway. Might as well throw a friend a bone.

• Like 3

We're getting a glimpse of Ron the motivator now. Looks like he's figured out what the problems are.

NBC4 sports Washington did an interview with Ron earlier this week in which they asked him basically if he had assessed the tapes yet and figured out why they aren't winning. The conversation went something like this. The words aren't exact but they are close:

Interviewer - "have you had a chance to review the tapes and analyze what the Commanders' problems are?

Ron - "yes, we have".

Interviewer - "What have you found?"

Ron - "none of us are doing the things we need to do to win well enough".

Interviewer - "how do you plan to fix that?"

Ron - "we're all going to start doing better at the things we need to do to win".

Today, Ron has had a new sign installed in the team's locker room.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ron_rivera_turns_to_new_do_your_job_commanders_locker_room_sign_for_message/s1_16457_39379101

“Because I think, looking at the tape, watching the game, our previous five games, looking at some of the stuff that I read, the numbers, obviously to me, there’s a sense and a feel that we’re not doing the things that we need to do,” Rivera said, per Nicki Jhabvala of The Washington Post.

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, SonnySideUp said:

We're getting a glimpse of Ron the motivator now. Looks like he's figured out what the problems are.

NBC4 sports Washington did an interview with Ron earlier this week in which they asked him basically if he had assessed the tapes yet and figured out why they aren't winning. The conversation went something like this. The words aren't exact but they are close:

Interviewer - "have you had a chance to review the tapes and analyze what the Commanders' problems are?

Ron - "yes, we have".

Ron - "we're all going to start doing better at the things we need to do to win".

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ron_rivera_turns_to_new_do_your_job_commanders_locker_room_sign_for_message/s1_16457_39379101

“Because I think, looking at the tape, watching the game, our previous five games, looking at some of the stuff that I read, the numbers, obviously to me, there’s a sense and a feel that we’re not doing the things that we need to do,” Rivera said, per Nicki Jhabvala of The Washington Post.

Did they take down the “Start fast” signs?

• Haha 10

Was listening to the Keim podcast and they said that Josh Harris is a very patient and educated man. It's not wrong.

Previously Snyder would have flipped out and made quicksale changes throughout the season (Norv ring a bell anyone?) Firing people 25% into the season is very reactionary. Harris is not Snyder. One of his advantages is that he will wait to see what happens the rest of the year, if things appear pointless then he will sack Ron, but not before then.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Everyone in the world knows he’s getting fired. Don’t see any negative to firing him. This isn’t an equal to Dan move. Hell Dan was right firing Norv. He was here 6 years and was clear that he had run his path. 

I legit don’t see a single negative to firing Ron today. 

I don't think firing RR during the season is either impulsive or irresponsibly reactionary. It would be a decision based on 4 years of underachieving, poorly prepared, inexplicably crafted, routinely out-coached teams. That new sign is absolutely laughable. Do YOUR job, RR.......both of them. For 4 years, he has failed and it has adversely affected our production on the field. The league office would understand why, and so would other owners. Agents too......and that's as important.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Couldn’t find the other thread but Magic has thoughts on the Dodgers playoff exit. He’s a minority owner there too. 

Magic with the in-depth analysis. I look forward to when he'll inevitably say Washington lost because they didn't score more points than their opponent.

• Haha 1

Magic's tweets about the Dodgers don't interest me; those about our team do. His tweet last Thursday was a collective reflection of what the ownership group thinks. For nearly 4 years, RR got away with pulling the wool over the eyes of an owner who knew absolutely nothing about leadership, and even less about football. That won't work with this ownership group. RR should've put that new sign in his car or beside his bathroom mirror.

4 hours ago, Stihl89 said:

Everyone in the world knows he’s getting fired. Don’t see any negative to firing him. This isn’t an equal to Dan move. Hell Dan was right firing Norv. He was here 6 years and was clear that he had run his path. 

I legit don’t see a single negative to firing Ron today. 

I dont see any benefit, other than to placate the fans, to firing Ron now or even anytime in season. Pretty certain that the GMs also getting canned, if you fire Ron are you asking Mayhew to bring in his replacement? Promote one of the current OC's? that's not going to help either. Fire the GM and Ron now? Whos going to run the organization for the rest of the year?

Pretty sure Harris already has a plan in place and work is being done behind the scenes for next year, expecting that by the last couple of games changes will very much be in motion.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

I dont see any benefit, other than to placate the fans, to firing Ron now or even anytime in season. Pretty certain that the GMs also getting canned, if you fire Ron are you asking Mayhew to bring in his replacement? Promote one of the current OC's? that's not going to help either. Fire the GM and Ron now? Whos going to run the organization for the rest of the year?

Pretty sure Harris already has a plan in place and work is being done behind the scenes for next year, expecting that by the last couple of games changes will very much be in motion.

Its to prevent him from dragging this team to 7-8 wins again 

20 hours ago, SonnySideUp said:

Ron - "yes, we have".

Doesn’t quite have the same ring as “Believe” but hey what do I know. 

Dec. 4 is the day to look at. It’s the day after the Dolphins game. Miami May break 70 in that game. 

Dec. 10 is the bye week and there’s 4 games after that. 

Perfect time for an in season coaching change. EB gets his audition and we get a jump on the 24 hiring cycle.

Remember we aren’t just hiring a coach but a Gm. Since you want the Gm to make that final decision on coach; you want a new Gm hired quickly in the hiring cycle. I’m sure Josh will start interviewing coaches also but the final round and actual decision should be the gms.

As for Ron and co. The decision to replace them has likely been made. Only thing, do they get to finish the season? Or things get so bad, a firing before bye is warranted. Or is my bye week suggestion feasible? Either way, we move from the former owners hires no later than January.

23 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Dec. 4 is the day to look at. It’s the day after the Dolphins game. Miami May break 70 in that game. 

Dec. 10 is the bye week and there’s 4 games after that. 

Perfect time for an in season coaching change. EB gets his audition and we get a jump on the 24 hiring cycle.

Remember we aren’t just hiring a coach but a Gm. Since you want the Gm to make that final decision on coach; you want a new Gm hired quickly in the hiring cycle. I’m sure Josh will start interviewing coaches also but the final round and actual decision should be the gms.

As for Ron and co. The decision to replace them has likely been made. Only thing, do they get to finish the season? Or things get so bad, a firing before bye is warranted. Or is my bye week suggestion feasible? Either way, we move from the former owners hires no later than January.

If they go 2-5 or worse, why wait until the bye in December.  Josh is already concerned about ticket sales because he wanted the fans back.  IMO, he probably won't wait that long to make a change

Edited by NoVaSkins21

2 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

If they go 2-5 or worse, why wait until the bye in December.  Josh is already concerned about ticket sales because he wanted the fans back.  IMO, he probably won't wait that long to make a change

Firing Ron isn’t going help attendance this season.  The team sucks and people aren’t going watch crap, regardless of who’s coaching the team.

This season is a lost season, regardless of how we finish.

4 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Firing Ron isn’t going help attendance this season.  The team sucks and people aren’t going watch crap, regardless of who’s coaching the team.

This season is a lost season, regardless of how we finish.

Wait! You're not advocating firing Ron right away?!? 

DO YOUR JOB

:ols:

• Haha 3