Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WSFA: Montgomery Riverfront brawl leads to multiple arrests

Cooked Crack

A fight at the Montgomery Riverfront on Saturday has led to multiple arrests. 

According to Montgomery police, around 7 p.m., units responded to the 200 block of Coosa Street about a disturbance. At the scene, they located a large group of people engaged in a physical altercation. 

A video sent in by a viewer shows the fight just feet from the water. A witness claims it started because a pontoon boat was blocking the dock where a riverboat was trying to park. Soon after, police arrived at the scene.

https://www.wsfa.com/2023/08/06/montgomery-riverfront-brawl-leads-multiple-arrests/

• Haha 1

The news report was too polite. 

"During an argument, a white man started physically assaulting a black security guard and than 5 other white men piled into the fight.  There were 20+ black people watching and seeing this 6 on 1 beatdown enraged them to the point where they felt it necessary to do a citizens arrest on the white people.  The white people were resisting citizens arrest." 

I hate racists... this seemed racially motivated.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I’m not seeing a good vs bad thing here. Guys with the boat who started it by thinking the rules don’t apply to them and then attacked the security guard are at the most fault of course. Crowd escalated it and security guard doesn’t help the situation when he starts performing for them and acting like a badass. In the end, it looked to me like a whole bunch of idiots brawling with each other.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

Internet is packed full of videos that go like this. Group of people are told what to do by someone. Group of people get mad and assault that person. On the metro, in stores, in restaurants, on the street, in bars/clubs, and apparently now on docks. Seems cowardly to me, but those lacking impulse control and any sense of shame seem to enjoy it.  If it’s racist or not, depends on info I don’t have. Wouldn’t surprise me.

What makes this one stand out is that the video documenting it was so long and that a second group retaliated against the first. It’s gratifying to see assholes get what’s coming to them after attacking a guy for doing his job. Hats off to the steady hand recording this. Instant classic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Chew said:

FB_IMG_1691413633263.jpg.48df42d18ed5bc7c9a0e0f60c8572983.jpg

There is a video some place with the Avengers theme playing at this exact moment in the fight. I should have know you people would enjoy this as much as I did. If I find it again I will share it. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2