Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

My God. All pros. Lol

How about looking at starting roster of 89 Niners and tell me how many Hall of Famers are on the team. 

Here's just skill positions on offense 

Montana,  Rice, Taylor, Roger Craig,  and Brent ducking Jones. 

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Holy crap do you all have high standards.

They don’t.  It’s just their interwebs voice speaking.  

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:
Edited by stoshuaj

16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There is no way she’s getting Travis Kelce out of Vegas tonight. 

Remember the Vegas bender the caps went on when they won in Vegas? 

Picture that times 10000 with Travis.  

If they've made it this far and Taylor isn't known for getting trashed like that...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

You're moving the goal post all over the place. Are they mediocre or just not one of the all-time great teams?

Because they beat the **** out of everyone this season, were loaded with talent and stood as favorites to win it all basically from week 1. Their QB received MVP votes for his play. They're objectively a great team and were considerably more talented than the Chiefs from top to bottom.

All the more reason to be impressed by the leadership of Reid and Mahomes.

I'm not moving the goalposts, you don't seem to have a frame of reference for how I'm using the terms. Mediocre compared to the 89 niners Elway faced? Yes.  They were stacked with HoFers who are still in discussions of greatest ever.  Montana,  Rice,  Lott. My point was very specific in that Mahomes road is relatively weak and I made a larger point about current QB play. So he's vulnerable because he's not being tested right now and his SB opponents are not legendary teams on either side of the ball.  

Just look at SB teams recently overall.  Besides KC not really noteworthy.

Do you want me to list the 86 Giants defensive roster and coaching staff that Elway had to face?

87 skins are comparatively mediocre.  What made them great were the receivers and offensive line with a couple legends on defense. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

That's why lebron gets sonned by JJ Barea and always "needs help" from multiple superteams and other guys didn't. 

Lol people just going to hate on great players. 

and come on yall, look at the circumstances he was dealing with in the Super Bowl against the Bucs. It’s not like he plays defense. It’s not the same argument you can use for a sport like the NBA where players can play against each other. 

look the at the stuff he did in that game that no other qb has ever been capable of.

even tonight, he lead his team in rushing yards. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Opening odds to win Super Bowl LIX

49ers +550

Chiefs +700

Ravens +850

Bills +1000

Lions +1200

Commanders are +15000 

...so you're saying there's a chance....

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 7

Btw, I used to like Romo, thought he was good at predicting plays and explaining what was going on real-time and brought good energy.

Guy has totally mailed it in and I think knows he’s getting fired or something.  It was clear he had no idea in the SB both teams got a chance on offense unless the first score was a defensive score.  

Nance tried to help him and he was oblivious.

Also, when the chiefs ran a play after a Mahomes scramble and let about 20 seconds run off the clock, he said “I would have clocked the ball.”  

Ok, 2 things:

1. You never won **** in the playoffs so what credibility do you have over Reid and Mahomes to make that judgement?

2.  If you clock it on second down, you lose that down.  You’re immediately I’m 3rd down with a 4th down FG.   The statement was wrong ALSO.

Ne really irritated me this game.  

He irritated me a whole lot more than cutting to Taylor a few times during the game.  A lot more.  

He either needs to step up his game or get fired.  

Yeah Czaban was really critical of Romo on Twitter.

Also, comparing the pre salary cap eea 49ers to the present team is a difficult exercise.

Happy for the Chiefs. I would've cheered for SF if they'd have played any other AFC than, but I wanted to see KC keep it up. Mahomes is a boss. It'll be interesting to see how long Reid keeps coaching.

44 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

In the annals of football this niner team will be forgotten dude.

Compare them to the 89 Niners team that beat Denver 55 to 10. Or 86 Giants defense.

This was the number 1 tean. You acting like they barely squeezed in the playoffs.

• Like 1

Just now, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

This was the number 1 tean. You acting like they barely squeezed in the playoffs.

So the 89 Denver Broncos were as good as the 98 Broncos and the 87 Skins as good as the 91 Skins. Got it. 

BTW. The 91 Lions that got beat down in the NFC title game were better than the Lions this year that almost got to the SB.

Just now, Ghost of said:

So the 89 Denver Broncos were as good as the 98 Broncos and the 87 Skins as good as the 91 Skins. Got it. 

BTW. The 91 Lions that got beat down in the NFC title game were better than the Lions this year that almost got to the SB.

What's your point? You are still acting like these 49ers are a scrub team. They had their chance to win but didn't. But acting like they are not the best nfc team is crazy son. 7 all pros...how many we had? How many did kc have?

Just now, Ghost of said:

Again, I think comparing pre salary cap and post salary cap is difficult. I don't even know which era to put the Cowboy run of the 1990s in.

In the past 25 years, you obviously have the two decade run of the Pats and now the current Chiefs. Other than that, nobody really stands out. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

Longevity has a lot to do with it too. We'll see if they can keep it up. The 1991 Lions were essentially a one season wonder. Part of the reason the 91 Skins get forgotten about even by Skins fans is because, as opposed to the other SB runs, we played a couple of relative nobodies in the NFC prior to shellacking the Bills.

• Like 1

49ers had their chances, especially the first half.  Purdy giving up and throwing the ball away on 3rd down in the 4th... he had a wide open player in the middile of the EZ, if he is able to buy a bit of time (i didn't know if it was just Jones bearing down on him). I think it was 4Q and not OT (OT their last play was batted down on a blitz).  That play is harsh to put on Purdy though.  I think the Chiefs defense was getting good pressure on him in the 2nd half.  

49ers not capitalizing on the slow starting Chiefs.  Having the special teams turnover (touched/muffed punt), getting away from CMC in the 3Q and early 4Q.  Sadly, those things add up.  Injury bug also hurt them (starting LB going on on a non-contact play).

Mahomes is a little more likeable than Brady... but I think people hated on Brady more early on because NE was a defensive team and felt he got too much credit... and then you had the cheating scandals.  

But, for the first time in ever, I think the Super Bowl was the only game I watched live all the way through. And for where my life is, I am fine with that 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

What's your point? You are still acting like these 49ers are a scrub team. They had their chance to win but didn't. But acting like they are not the best nfc team is crazy son. 7 all pros...how many we had? How many did kc have?

Lol put down your drink, man.  I said in the annals of football this team is mediocre. I didn't call them mediocre THIS year against the backdrop of awful NFC play. Who is the best QB in the NFC right now,  by the way? Am I blanking...is Goff? Prescott? Jordan love already?