Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

4 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

You miss this?

I mean what else can he do? Not his fault his WR doesn’t catch that. 

No, I didn't miss that, I'm tired of being asked to be okay with him running around like a 5 year old intentionally breaking the pocket in Madden because he completes passes like that.

At this point it doesn't matter what I think if it works.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, AJ* said:

Ugh, don't remind me about that game. I'm always disgusted how it ended. LeBron should have taken that shot with Curry on him instead of staring down Finals virgin George Hill and passing the pressure to him in the final seconds. When you have a 51 point game working you don't pass it to a guy with a deer-in-headlights look who's scored 4 points all night. 

That's why lebron gets sonned by JJ Barea and always "needs help" from multiple superteams and other guys didn't. 

First half was barely watchable

Second half was great

I have to hand it to the mental fortitude of the Chiefs as a team. They do have an aura about them. When the 49ers couldn't score TDs, I knew it was basically over.

MVP for me was the Chiefs' special teams, which held things down when the rest of the team was playing like total garbage.

• Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

You know in the past QBs had to outdo Manning or Brees or Big Ben. 

Besides Josh Allen, Mahomes isn't playing teams led by great QBs. And the NFC QBs suck. Stroud may challenge him. Herbert?

This should be a separate post but making the game easy for the offense until playoff officiating strikes has only led to poor overall quality in QB play. 

That Jalen Hurts was even in the SB (Purdy was hurt..hmm) is something laughable really. 

The fact that Mahomes loses against top qb led teams (meaning the team is as good as QB not ignoring it takes a team to win) tells me it can be relatively easy to win if you bring an elite QB to the table. 

What elite QBs does Mahomes even face? No Lamar is not elite as a QB. Sorry. 

"Help us Joe Burrow, you're our only hope..."

And absolute facts on state of QB in the NFC, he's showing repeatedly now that if he can get through the AFC the super bowl is famn near a given because it.

It's just been denial up to this point that wasn't that case, but its true.

Edited by Renegade7

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Why is a Broncos QB bringing the Chiefs a Super Bowl trophy?

Yeah that was odd. Rubbing it in Kyle's face that he won SB with his dad and Kyle couldn't, or else he would be handing him the trophy instead. 

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It’s Vegas.  They could be married by an Elvis impersonator by morning.  

Which brings up an interesting question: You’re a music icon billionaire and your boyfriend just won the SB in Vegas.  Where do you go?  

Homegirl has a backup private jet to her primary jet, bet money they leave...

Edited by Renegade7

12 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

Besides Josh Allen, Mahomes isn't playing teams led by great QBs. And the NFC QBs suck. Stroud may challenge him. Herbert?

I wouldn’t forget Burrow.  EDIT TO ADD: assuming he comes back healthy. 

Herbert could be in the conversation if Harbaugh fixes the Chargers.  

And regardless of his current playoff record, Lamar is a beast.  

Is that group as good as Brady/Manning/Brees? No.  Because is Mahomes is Brady, Allen ain’t close to Manning or Brees.  

But it might be a deeper group, especially if Stroud builds on his year 1 level.  

You’re right the NFC has no premiere QBs. Until we draft Drake Maye and he starts his eventual HOF career in a few months.   :P 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

You know in the past QBs had to outdo Manning or Brees or Big Ben. 

This should be a separate post but making the game easy for the offense until playoff officiating strikes has only led to poor overall quality in QB play. 

That Jalen Hurts was even in the SB (Purdy was hurt..hmm) is something laughable really. 

The fact that Mahomes loses against top qb led teams (meaning the team is as good as QB not ignoring it takes a team to win) tells me it can be relatively easy to win if you bring an elite QB to the table. 

What elite QBs does Mahomes even face? No Lamar is not elite as a QB. Sorry. 

Diminishing Mahomes' accomplishments by claiming the AFC ISN'T stacked with talent is a unique take to say the least.

Lamar was the league MVP. It's asinine to claim that he's not a great QB. He just isn't getting great playoff results yet, like many great QBs of the past didn't at various points of their careers. Maybe he's not "elite" in the same way that Mahomes is, but he's great.

Burrow is a great QB.

Allen is a great QB.

Herbert will be a major threat now that he has a competent coach.

Whether or not Jalen should have or shouldn't have been in the Super Bowl, anyone with eyes knows he was fantastic in that game and you couldn't ask for much better QB play.

Weirdly disingenuous post.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Homegirl has a backup private jet to her primary jet, bet money they leave...

There is no way she’s getting Travis Kelce out of Vegas tonight. 

Remember the Vegas bender the caps went on when they won in Vegas? 

Picture that times 10000 with Travis.  

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

"Help us Joe Burrow, you're our hope..."

And absolute facts on state of QB in the NFC, he's showing repeatedly now that if he can get through the AFC the super bowl is famn near a given because it.

It's just been denial up to this point that wasn't that case, but its true.

Yeah, you can't control every match up but who is he beating out there? Pair him with an all time offensive coach and it's easy.

Mahomes is what Jim Kelly could have been if the NFC wasn't far and away the best conference in the early 90s. Or Elway went to THREE SBs in 86 to 89. But imagine instead of facing a Gibbs or Parcells team or Montana and Rice he faced mediocre teams.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Diminishing Mahomes' accomplishments by claiming the AFC ISN'T stacked with talent is a unique take to say the least.

Lamar was the league MVP. It's asinine to claim that he's not a great QB. He just isn't getting great playoff results yet, like many great QBs of the past didn't at various points of their careers. Maybe he's not "elite" in the same way that Mahomes is, but he's great.

Burrow is a great QB.

Allen is a great QB.

Herbert will be a major threat now that he has a competent coach.

Whether or not Jalen should have or shouldn't have been in the Super Bowl, anyone with eyes knows he was fantastic in that game and you couldn't ask for much better QB play.

Weirdly disingenuous post.

Disingenuous isn't something I'm accused of but good for you. 

Just now, Ghost of said:

But imagine instead of facing a Gibbs or Parcells team or Montana and Rice he faced mediocre teams.  

The 49ers had seven all-pros starting for them tonight.

Mediocre??

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Bacon said:

The 49ers had seven all-pros starting for them tonight.

Mediocre??

In the annals of football this niner team will be forgotten dude.

Compare them to the 89 Niners team that beat Denver 55 to 10. Or 86 Giants defense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghost of said:

In the annals of football this niner team will be forgotten dude.

Compare them to the 89 Niners team that beat Denver 55 to 10. Or 86 Giants defense.

You're moving the goal post all over the place. Are they mediocre or just not one of the all-time great teams?

Because they beat the **** out of everyone this season, were loaded with talent and stood as favorites to win it all basically from week 1. Their QB received MVP votes for his play. They're objectively a great team and were considerably more talented than the Chiefs from top to bottom.

All the more reason to be impressed by the leadership of Reid and Mahomes.

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Holy crap do you all have high standards.

Hey I can't help who I'm not attracted to...

#LivingThatSingleLife

#SingleAndLovingIt

#DoPeopleStillUseHashtags?

image.gif.19445ecad5a7fb4a9030d36ae751bb78.gif

Edited by CRobi21
  • Haha 2