Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

Just now, bearrock said:

Romo broke down why Hardman had a step (the motion gets the secondary to momentarily shift their eyes towards the direction of motion, Mahomes snaps exactly when the eye shifts with Hardman turning opposite direction at snap).  It's a great play design and call by Reid, executed to perfection by Hardman and Mahomes.

Very similar to how they won last year against Philly!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Why is a Broncos QB bringing the Chiefs a Super Bowl trophy?

That's like having Gibbs having to hand it to Jerey Jones. 🤮

Mahomes.

These last two especially, the one against Tampa ill give a pass because missing two tackles and no way beating actual GOAT in what was essentially a home game for all the marbles.

What game were you watching. He the best player in every superbowl he played. 

against the eagles he balled out. 

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Well… first off… we’ve sucked for 30 years. Let’s get good enough to be close first, shall we?

Second, he’s on the other side of the bracket and **** happens.

"We'll deal with that when we get there..." is my favorite plan...

Honest convo may need to be had on how much factoring building a team to beat him needs to be on the priority list. 

Theres no way we only franchise asking that question now, this is getting cartoonish.

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I’m pretty sure that was set before they had any idea who was going to be in the SB. 

And now we get Extended Taylor cam.  

Im fine with that after the game is over. 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

Just now, Renegade7 said:

"We'll deal with that when we get there..." is my favorite plan...

Honest convo may need to be had on how much factoring building a team to beat him needs to be on the priority list. 

Theres no way we only franchise asking that question now, this is getting cartoonish.

I didn’t say figure it out when we get there. I said we haven’t been ****ing close. Why worry about this? In order to get there we have to build a team that can be competitive with SF, Detroit, etc in the NFC… let alone the AFC. 

Why worry about this kind of thing?

We haven’t even knocked on the door. Worrying about beating Mahomes in the Super Bowl is like taking a beer can and trying to break down a steel entry door.

• Like 1

Just now, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

What game were you watching. He the best player in every superbowl he played. 

against the eagles he balled out. 

Today he balled out?

1st half of last Superbowl was anything but, and he was hurt, Andy Ried did some of the best play calling I've ever seen and they got it done, respect.

No way he was best player on the field during the beatdown in Tampa, what???

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Today he balled out?

1st half of last Superbowl was anything but, and he was hurt, Andy Ried did some of the best play calling I've ever seen and they got it done, respect.

No way he was best player on the field during the beatdown in Tampa, what???

You miss this?

I mean what else can he do? Not his fault his WR doesn’t catch that. 

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m pretty sure that was set before they had any idea who was going to be in the SB. 

Maybe within the last two weeks that's a 50-50 chance...id pass...

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

And now we get Extended Taylor cam.  

Im fine with that after the game is over. 

No proposal, you gonna wait to morning to tell your daughter or give her a midnight update. :lol:

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I didn’t say figure it out when we get there. I said we haven’t been ****ing close. Why worry about this? In order to get there we have to build a team that can be competitive with SF, Detroit, etc in the NFC… let alone the AFC. 

Why worry about this kind of thing?

We haven’t even knocked on the door. Worrying about beating Mahomes in the Super Bowl is like taking a beer can and trying to break down a steel entry door.

Why worry about it?

Because this is a football message board with extreme in the name of it.

Do I need to out it in the suggestion book first to even talk about it?

This should be a fair question, not rocket science.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's like having Gibbs having to hand it to Jerey Jones. 🤮

Mahomes.

These last two especially, the one against Tampa ill give a pass because missing two tackles and no way beating actual GOAT in what was essentially a home game for all the marbles.

You know in the past QBs had to outdo Manning or Brees or Big Ben. 

Besides Josh Allen, Mahomes isn't playing teams led by great QBs. And the NFC QBs suck. Stroud may challenge him. Herbert?

This should be a separate post but making the game easy for the offense until playoff officiating strikes has only led to poor overall quality in QB play. 

That Jalen Hurts was even in the SB (Purdy was hurt..hmm) is something laughable really. 

The fact that Mahomes loses against top qb led teams (meaning the team is as good as QB not ignoring it takes a team to win) tells me it can be relatively easy to win if you bring an elite QB to the table. 

What elite QBs does Mahomes even face? No Lamar is not elite as a QB. Sorry. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

It’s like when the warriors swept the Cavs even though LeBron scored 51 in game 1. LeBron was clearly the best player in the series despite the sweep. 

Ugh, don't remind me about that game. I'm always disgusted how it ended. LeBron should have taken that shot with Curry on him instead of staring down Finals virgin George Hill and passing the pressure to him in the final seconds. When you have a 51 point game working you don't pass it to a guy with a deer-in-headlights look who's scored 4 points all night. 

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

he played against plumbers 

Not even funny because they turned an old BS argument about guys from the 60s against Jordan and the Mahomes hype resembles the anti MJ stuff.

In fact,  Nick Wright purveys that filth in basketball and football and you wonder why... 

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

No proposal, you gonna wait to morning to tell your daughter or give her a midnight update. :lol:

It’s Vegas.  They could be married by an Elvis impersonator by morning.  

Which brings up an interesting question: You’re a music icon billionaire and your boyfriend just won the SB in Vegas.  Where do you go?