Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTOP: Top Philly sports host takes shots at Commanders, Harris

gortiz

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its Howard Eskin. Its his job to antagonize. 

yeah, its been awhile since i heard his name so i kind of forgot who he was, but i had a feeling he was a guy that likes to stir the S.  I mean saying snyder to harris is like going from 0 to 1 is freaking hilarious. 

I've talked about Eskin in other trheads.  Most who covered Harris think he's a good owner includuing the locals in Philly.  Two exceptions and Eskin is one of those.

Eskin hates Harris.  Hates that he owns teams outside of Philly -- sees that as disloyal and calls him a carpet bagger.

He just flails about everything relating to him.  He says Harris doesn't care about spots and knows nothing about sports.  Even though everyone else who covers him says the opposite. 

He hates that he wants to move the 76ers arena downtown.  On and on.

Eskin comes off like a three year old whenever he comes on DC air to talk about Philly-DC.  Eagles are awesome and he can't help but berate this team every time.   And he berates like some 5 year old fanboy taunting kids on the playground.  It's weird.

Heck Sheehan was kissing up to him in his interview with him and Eskins still couldn't help do his standard tantrum about Washington sucks, Sheehan sort of talked over him and stopped him from going there.   But every time I've listened to him on air here, he does some odd immature rant about this team.

But in short, Eskins comes off like a clown.  And he's an odd duck because of all of my years listening to beat reporters from other teams, only Eskin acts like a 3rd grader where he taunts this team every time.  

So with him already hating Harris, and him coming to DC, I'd bet his rampage about him will go on and on and on.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Who cares about Eskin.  He's just another obnoxious Philly fan who's going to take shots at the Commanders.  Not the biggest thing in the world. This is what he does

He is indeed an obnoxious Philly fan.  It's just weird to me that he is a media talking head but acts like name that crassiest fan you know.  Comes off very unprofessional to me.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Eskin is a great media personality and it's hard to blame him. You take the 76ers, awesome. Then buy the Flyers biggest rival. Then a rival of the Eagles? Of course he's pissed and wants him out. Sounds like he's been talking to SoCalSkins  :ols:

• Haha 6

57 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Who cares about Eskin.  He's just another obnoxious Philly fan who's going to take shots at the Commanders.  Not the biggest thing in the world. This is what he does

I hear he boo's Santa Clause.

• Like 1

I spent junior high and high school in the Philly area in the early 80s when Eskin did a talk show on WWDB up there. It was fun to hear him go back and forth with the callers, and to me, that's what sports talk was all about, instead of today's scene where you hear two or more hosts just debate. And from what I hear, Philly listeners now complain about the same stuff sports talk listeners do here in DC, in that there's way too much emphasis placed on the respective football teams at the expense of the other sports teams.

But Howard went to do local TV for a few years before coming back to radio when WIP became a sports talk station. He probably became more schtick then too. I remember a guy called to wish him luck at his finale at WWDB, but the same guy called when he came back on WIP and Howard rudely brushed him off.

I remember before the 2007 early season MNF game Howard proclaimed that the Eagles were a "stone cold lock" to beat the Skins. Well, the Skins won, and the next day Howard had a remote at the Borgata in AC.  I had gone to the game at the Linc and made my way over to AC the next day on my way back to DC, just so I could wear my Skins sweatshirt and grin at Howard.

And then on another trip to AC where his fellow WIP-er Angelo Cataldi was doing a remote, I asked Angelo during a break "So, you really don't like Howard?" Ang yelled "He's a horrible person!" and looked disgusted.

But IDK why he is so down on Harris. Maybe after going through "the process," the relative success the Sixers have had isn't enough for Howard (its also funny to hear him go back and forth with his son Spike, who is also in the radio business and is a Sixers fan).

• Like 2

I live in the western Philly suburbs and have had to listen to Eskin just about all of my adult life. He's an Eagles butt muncher who HATES the Sixers because of the tanking years (The Process). Pay him no mind. Writing off the Commanders would be a mistake just like last year when Heinicke and company beat the undefeated Eagles in Philly on national TV. Eskin thinks Harris is only in ownership to make money but he conveniently overlooks the money Harris spends to win. Also, Harris is frequently seen at Sixers games and is a fan of winning.

I expect the same as Commanders owner, especially with Magic Johnson on board.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

And then on another trip to AC where his fellow WIP-er Angelo Cataldi was doing a remote, I asked Angelo during a break "So, you really don't like Howard?" Ang yelled "He's a horrible person!" and looked disgusted.

But IDK why he is so down on Harris. Maybe after going through "the process," the relative success the Sixers have had isn't enough for Howard (its also funny to hear him go back and forth with his son Spike, who is also in the radio business and is a Sixers fan).

Angelo the Monday after an Eagles loss is only second to a Washington win. Like it soothes my soul.

• Thumb up 1

It's like when that idiot who does the "10 reasons why [NFC East team] will be a dumpster Fire" Kempski complains about Washington. For years he used the same old snyder tagline but since Snyder is gone this year he changed it up and used the "Harris is just as bad as snyder." bull****. "Harris donated to Donald's campaign. So he's bad."

"IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE INTENDED AS SATIRE"

I'm sorry but I don't see what's so satirical or humorous about that. Ha ha, we got a gigantic upgrade from ownership. How hilarious.

"ALL RICH PEOPLE ARE BAD. I NEVER REALIZED HOW BAD HARRIS IS."

"HARRIS DOES A TERRIBLE JOB WITH THE SIXERS"

Let them stew in their misinformation!

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

You were the coolest 13 year old on earth.

My moms funeral was on my 14th BDay, hence the 13. I was getting kicked out of the acting club and chess club in school and being a huge problem for everyone I could find. 

I really wasn't. The funny thing is, when I joined this board, I was taking a break from the restaurant business and working in a junkyard so I could learn to work on cars and building hot rods at night with friends. 

Now I'm building race trucks and the GM of the 13th ranked restaurant in the entire Caribbean and am kinda cool.

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

@Koolblue13 I remember giving you a ride from the Scudder Falls rest area in PA to a Skins home game in maybe 2007 and 2008.

Sorry about the loss of your Mother at such a young age, but happy that you escaped from New Hope to the Caribbean to a place where you are doing things that make you happy.  Now if only the Commanders can return the favor……

Edited by jjpomeroy
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1