Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYP: Rex Heuermann, architect and married dad of two, busted in Gilgo Beach serial killings after DNA found on pizza box

China

Rex Heuermann, architect and married dad of two, busted in Gilgo Beach serial killings after DNA found on pizza box

A suspected serial killer has been arrested over the notorious Gilgo Beach murders on Long Island, The Post can confirm.

Rex Heuermann, 59, a married architect at a New York City firm, was caught after DNA from the hair of victim Megan Waterman matched that of his, taken by investigators from a discarded pizza crust in January.

The father-of-two — a former classmate of Hollywood actor Billy Baldwin — was arrested Thursday after cops had staked out his home on 1st Avenue in Massapequa Park, Long Island, and office at 385 Fifth Ave in Manhattan.

His arrest is tied to the so-called “Gilgo Four,” women found wrapped in burlap within days of each other in late 2010, and not the other six who were later eyed as possibly being connected, the source said.

Heuermann appeared in court Friday afternoon and pleaded not guilty to three counts of first-degree murder and other charges related to the deaths of three women over 10 years ago. The life-long suburbanite, who was emotionless in court, was also named the prime suspect in a fourth killing.

Click on the link for the full article

Good police work.  DNA evidence and looks pretty thorough. 

Guy is trash.  He came on their radar about a year ago when his car was linked to one of the murders.  Guy was linked to burner phones, called familes of one of the victims, wife,  has a 20 something year old daughter (previous wife I think?),  and a special needs son.  He was searching for details on the case and trying to find information on victim relatives.  Wonder if the wife and daughter knew how much trash he was. Strangled his victims... of a series of bodies he has been linked to 4 (charged with 3).  All of them were sex workers. 

I am not going to express what I think should happen to this person... moreso knowing they have a 20 year old daughter that he snuffed out the daughters of 4 other families.

I don’t know why these guys plead not guilty when they know they did crimes like these and the evidence against them is irrefutable.

Serial killers are all crazy people and their minds obviously aren’t right… but I would imagine a part of them is capable of compassion for their own loved once’s perhaps. Get it over with, don’t drag your family through a public display of your own sins. 

The first thing I think of is the family,  that poor wife and daughter.  All I can say is boy they better be right and it appears at least at this time that they are.  

I too am fascinated with the missing kid in Houston who was not missing. Seems we still don't know much about the mothers.  She diverted resources that could have been used on actual missing children, she should be facing charges for at least making false reports to the police.  

4 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I don’t know why these guys plead not guilty when they know they did crimes like these and the evidence against them is irrefutable.

Serial killers are all crazy people and their minds obviously aren’t right… but I would imagine a part of them is capable of compassion for their own loved once’s perhaps. Get it over with, don’t drag your family through a public display of your own sins. 

They don't think about anyone else but themselves and their "needs". They're narssists first and some become monsters over time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

The first thing I think of is the family,  that poor wife and daughter.  All I can say is boy they better be right and it appears at least at this time that they are.  

I too am fascinated with the missing kid in Houston who was not missing. Seems we still don't know much about the mothers.  She diverted resources that could have been used on actual missing children, she should be facing charges for at least making false reports to the police.  

Is the kid special need or something?

16 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Not sure there's any point to a guilty plea, because it's not like they're going to get a deal that will keep them out of prison. Maybe a plea that will keep them out of the gas chamber, but NY doesn't have the death penalty, so that doesn't apply.

And serial killers aren't crazy as in psychotic. People with psychotic disorders are usually too disorganized to be serial killers. But most of them are high on the psychopathy spectrum, so they usually have, at best, a very stunted empathy response or, at worst, absolutely none whatsoever. In the latter case they don't even have the wiring for empathy or compassion. It just doesn't exist...almost like being color blind.

Just listen to the BTK killer admitting his crimes and talking about them in court. It's terrifying. He sounds like he's reciting a recipe for chocolate chip cookies or something while he's talking about torturing and mutilating other humans. 

As far as their families, I think they do have an intellectual attachment to them. But I don't think they truly "love" them in the way that the rest of us do with our families.

• Like 1

There’s a lot of crazy things here but one of the craziest is that this guy owned his own architect firm since 1994. I know that it doesn’t automatically mean he’s an high roller but off the top of my head the serial killers I can think of don’t have that kind of background. 

He is 59 years old, the murders took place in 2009 and 2010, when he would have been 45-46 years old. And most serial killers I can think of don’t start that late in life. Bundy, Ramirez, Dahmer, Berkowitz, BTK, Gacy, etc…they all started when they were young. BTK went uncaptured for awhile but still committed some murders in his 40s and 50s IIRC. 

This leads me to believe that this guy didn’t just start in 2009, 2010. I wouldn’t be surprised if the investigation uncovers more murders he committed earlier in his life. 

1 minute ago, Fergasun said:

There is a 32 page document related to this case.  

Don't keep your burner phone near your personal phone.  Don't keep your victims phone near your personal phone.

Someone keep an eye out on Ferguson here. 

19 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

In a world where OJ gets acquitted, anything can happen

Gilgo Beach serial killer suspect had arsenal of weapons, top cop says

The accused Gilgo Beach serial killer had a cache of more than 200 guns at his Massapequa home, Suffolk County Police Commissioner Rodney Harrison told Fox News in an interview Monday. 

"He had an arsenal in a vault that he had downstairs. It’s concerning, regarding the guns being registered or legal or not, that’s something we’re still taking a look at," Harrison told "Fox & Friends" co-host Brian Kilmeade. "Anytime somebody has that type of arsenal we have some concerns."

Manhattan architect Rex Heuermann, 59, was arrested Thursday for the murders of sex workers Melissa Barthelemy, Megan Waterman and Amber Costello, whose bodies turned up on Gilgo Beach in 2010. 

Click on the link for the full article

On 7/14/2023 at 10:52 PM, Fergasun said:

Good police work.  DNA evidence and looks pretty thorough. 

Wonder if the wife and daughter knew how much trash he was.

I read that each of the three murders occurred while the wife was travelling out of town.

On 7/15/2023 at 10:27 PM, Fan since a Fetus said:

If I’ve learned anything this year, is that if you are going to commit major crimes, you should probably ixnay ethay izzapay,  or you are for sure going down!

The guy looks gigantic ... I'm guessing about 6'6", 290 pounds. 

Rex Heuermann

I'm surprised there was any pizza left in the box.

• Haha 1