Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Burger King’s new offering in Thailand has no meat and 20 slices of cheese

Cooked Crack

4-C9-CB60-B-7-B70-412-C-A86-F-35-AC6-BDB

Burger King is causing a stir in Thailand with its new offering: a burger with no meat and a jaw-dropping amount of cheese. 

This week, the Thai operator of the fast food chain introduced what it calls the “real cheeseburger,” a bun filled with as many as 20 slices of American cheese. 

The item launched on Thai menus Sunday, at a reduced price of 109 Thai baht ($3.1), compared with the usual price of 380 baht ($10.9). It quickly went viral on social media in Thailand, with many users on TikTok posting videos of them trying the new sandwich. 

“This is no joke. This is for real,” Burger King said in a Sunday social media post.

Im Jeepetch, a 25-year-old IT engineer, said she loved cheese but “this was a bit too much.” 

“I could only finish half of it,” she said, wiping her mouth with a tissue. “This is an insane amount of cheese added into one burger. Food is good when things are at the right combination.” 

Im added that she would probably not order the gooey fare again next time: “Other burgers are already good. I think I will go back to my double cheese angus as usual.”

Restaurants are also continuously tailoring their offerings to suit local tastes in different countries. In Thailand, cheese is especially popular among young customers, and it is common for the dairy product to be sprinkled on all kinds of dishes.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/11/business/thailand-burger-king-cheeseburger-intl-hnk/index.html

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Burger King is causing a stir in Thailand with its new offering: a burger with no meat and a jaw-dropping amount of cheese

That's like, 12 ounces of cheese.  12 ounces is not a jaw-dropping amount of anything.  12 ounces isn't a jaw dropping amount of ****ing plutonium.  

16 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Bit of a tangent, but why is there no cheese in Chinese food?

Almost all Asian foods do not use much dairy at all. Indian food has fresh cheese and lots of butter but outside of them it’s not a traditional ingredient in most Asian cuisines. Also I think Mongolians use yak milk in their cuisine. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I've thought a Chinese-Mexican Fusion Restaurant would kill. Both can do spicy. There are some Chinese dishes that would be great with cheese. Some Mexican ones that soy sauce would hook up. 

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

I think I read somewhere that most Asians are lactose intolerant; that and they don’t like ruining perfectly good food by adding cheese to everything.

• Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

I think I read somewhere that most Asians are lactose intolerant; that and they don’t like ruining perfectly good food by adding cheese to everything.

Well they might be lactose intolerant because it's never been a part of their diet. Your second sentence baffles and saddens me. Our brains release dopamine when we consume cheese. Cheese literally makes people happy. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I've thought a Chinese-Mexican Fusion Restaurant would kill. Both can do spicy. There are some Chinese dishes that would be great with cheese. Some Mexican ones that soy sauce would hook up. 

There used to be a korean-mexican fusion place in Fairfax called Bebop.

1 hour ago, The Sisko said:

Depends on the part of Asia.  Koreans have adopted cheese into their cuisine.

2 hours ago, The Sisko said:

They're also alcohol intolerant but that doesn't stop them from drinking.

There is a great Indian-Mexican fusion place in Oakton called Mama Tigre.

The lactose intolerance issue is genetic. The mutation that allows humans to digest lactose into adulthood originated in Europe. (Making milk into products like yogurt can help, which is one reason there is lots of yogurt but not much cheese in places like the Middle East and India.)

• Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

That’s one drug I’ve never done, but if I was at a party or something and someone whipped some out, I would try it.

Don't. 

It will try it's best to make you one of two things: broke or dead. 

Maybe both.