Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"I'm not going to another game until Snyder sells the team!"

Skinsfan1311

What do you think?

Will the "I'm not going to another game until Snyder sells the team" crowd show up, now that the Evil Emperor has fled the building?

My gut feeling is that, initially, there will be a surge of more fans.  After that, it's up to the team to play well to keep those butts in the seats.

l hope so!

• Like 1

I think it's going to take some time to "rebuild" the Fandom of this team. I think you'll first see the old farts like myself coming back initially.  You know,  the ones that were behind this team back in the 70s and 80s that eventually tired out from year after year of the Snyder failures. Gotta remember that just this time a year ago we all thought we were stuck with this turd for a few more decades. 

As for the younger folks, it's going to take winning and flash to bring them in and we all know that's going to take some time.  Winning cures everything,  and people love a winner.  The most important thing is the first step necessary for winning has happened,  but there are a lot more steps to get to where we want to be.  I am proud to say that I was a fan of this team way back in the 80s when winning came easy, and I stuck with them during our darkest days with Snyder.  I tried to leave but at the end of the day I just couldn't.  Cheers to a new day, and a bright future ahead. 

• Like 2

I will go to a game or two this season to show support for the new owners. But Snyder isnt the only reason I stopped going to Fedex. Fedex itself was a big part of the reason. The place is a cesspool. It should be condemned and demolished as quickly as possible. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

There will be an initial surge the first few games, but if we start like 2-5 again then it'll be back to what it has been...

I think it’s a sustained 5k+ more per game than it has been in recent years (controlling for team record/competitiveness). But it will take a full rebuild of the team to rebuild the fan base. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

What do you think?

Will the "I'm not going to another game until Snyder sells the team" crowd show up, now that the Evil Emperor has fled the building?

My gut feeling is that, initially, there will be a surge of more fans.  After that, it's up to the team to play well to keep those butts in the seats.

l hope so!

This has been your primary concern from the moment it was announced that Snyder would actually sell, and you’ve had kind of a snide tone about it in some of your posts. As if you think those fans were just weak and they used Snyder as a fake moral excuse to hide behind bc they just didn’t want to go to games when the team wasn’t as good as it was in the Gibbs I years. I don’t really dig that tone from the people who kept going to games. No judgement, but have you considered that there is another viewpoint? That some people who look at it differently would think that it was actually you who took the easy path, staying with your routine and continuing to go to those games as the franchise, fanbase, and stadium crumbled around you? And hey, you guys deserve huge credit for booing Tanya at the game, that seems to have been a turning point as well in its own way. We all contributed to this in some way. But do you know how hard it is to change behavior and take a stand against something that you love when it was a huge part of your yearly ritual and personality for decades? 

So many of your fellow fans drew a line in the sand and had the self control to stop spending money on the team and stop going to games, and it played a huge role in getting Snyder to sell…so maybe we should see less implications that if those fans don’t come back right away to a dumpster fire stadium,they were liars—and more appreciation that as a fanbase we accomplished something most thought was impossible. And now we get to actually hope to see a Super Bowl contender rise in Washington again.

I don’t mean this post to come across as harsh as it possibly does, but I wanted to kind of shock you with an extreme version of the opposing view because you’ve seemed so stuck in your own opinion on this from day 1. I get as a fan who kept going to games, it felt terrible and felt like everyone else abandoned you as more and more opposing fans filled in around you over the years. That must have felt crappy for you and the rest. I get it. But it was in service to a larger goal which has now been accomplished. Be patient as people tentatively take steps back towards the passion they had before they got out of this abusive relationship, we all bounce back at different speeds. And sure, some may never come back for a variety of reasons. That’s unavoidable. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

This has been your primary concern from the moment it was announced that Snyder would actually sell, and you’ve had kind of a snide tone about it in some of your posts. As if you think those fans were just weak and they used Snyder as a fake moral excuse to hide behind bc they just didn’t want to go to games when the team wasn’t as good as it was in the Gibbs I years. I don’t really dig that tone from the people who kept going to games. No judgement, but have you considered that there is another viewpoint? That some people who look at it differently would think that it was actually you who took the easy path, staying with your routine and continuing to go to those games as the franchise, fanbase, and stadium crumbled around you? And hey, you guys deserve huge credit for booing Tanya at the game, that seems to have been a turning point as well in its own way. We all contributed to this in some way. But do you know how hard it is to change behavior and take a stand against something that you love when it was a huge part of your yearly ritual and personality for decades? 

So many of your fellow fans drew a line in the sand and had the self control to stop spending money on the team and stop going to games, and it played a huge role in getting Snyder to sell…so maybe we should see less implications that if those fans don’t come back right away to a dumpster fire stadium,they were liars—and more appreciation that as a fanbase we accomplished something most thought was impossible. And now we get to actually hope to see a Super Bowl contender rise in Washington again.

I don’t mean this post to come across as harsh as it possibly does, but I wanted to kind of shock you with an extreme version of the opposing view because you’ve seemed so stuck in your own opinion on this from day 1. I get as a fan who kept going to games, it felt terrible and felt like everyone else abandoned you as more and more opposing fans filled in around you over the years. That must have felt crappy for you and the rest. I get it. But it was in service to a larger goal which has now been accomplished. Be patient as people tentatively take steps back towards the passion they had before they got out of this abusive relationship, we all bounce back at different speeds. And sure, some may never come back for a variety of reasons. That’s unavoidable. 

Understood, I'm not easily shocked, and I respect your opinion.  It's all good🍻

• Thumb up 2

Ultimately I wound up there. 

I won’t reopen my season ticket holder account. I want to. But, I can’t. 2 young kids and an incredibly busy life, carving out the time would be impossible. 

I can honestly say going to games was the best activity I ever did. I enjoyed it the most. And while I would still go to every home game, if I didn’t reach a point of not caring anymore, because I would have built the rest of my life around accommodating it (as I always did)….. the idea of rebuilding it around being a season ticket holder again just isn’t feasible. Kind of feels like if you drop out of college after 2 years, and take 3 or 4 off… going back just doesn’t work. my family and I have moved on. 

and that makes me really sad. 

but, I’ll bring my kids to some games. Over time. 

But that’s about as much as I’ll be able to do. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

What do you think?

l hope so!

I’m one. Haven’t paid for a home ticket or jersey in 15 years, but purchased season tix for this year. And you’re welcome! The boycott eventually worked and we actually succeeded in starving him out. It’s great that you and others continued to support the team, but I’ve known for quite some time that the only hope of sustainable winning (or at least losing with dignity) meant Snydely had to go. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

What do you think?

l hope so!

Don't see too many young potential fans right now (most seem to like flash and/or success) with the wherewithal to go to games regularly and I don't think our games going forward will be so heavily discounted. Of course, maybe as we are no longer an extra home game for fans of other teams, those tickets will still be available at a discount.

• Like 1

Hope to see everyone who plans to go at our tailgate!

Start looking for Red Zone parking passes and keep an eye out for the ES tailgate thread in the Stadium, about a week, or so, before home games.

We also do a "tailgate light" during the pre-season.

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Ticket prices have skyrocketed across the NFL just like franchise prices. I don’t think the fan base is prepared to pay what current modern NFL stadiums charge both from a PSL standpoint and a per game ticket standpoint.  Washington is by far the best value in all of the NFL. 

2 tickets at Sofi lower level behind Washington will cost me more than 4 tickets for the 49ers and Dallas game at the end of the season at FedEx field. The fan base has been used to cheap available tickets. To pay a premium price will require serious winning on the field. The fact Dan is gone helps but people won’t be paying $1000 per seat for a regular season game like it costs elsewhere. 

Edited by SoCalSkins

24 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Ticket prices have skyrocketed across the NFL just like franchise prices. I don’t think the fan base is prepared to pay what current modern NFL stadiums charge both from a PSL standpoint and a per game ticket standpoint.  Washington is by far the best value in all of the NFL. 

2 tickets at Sofi lower level behind Washington will cost me more than 4 tickets for the 49ers and Dallas game at the end of the season at FedEx field. The fan base has been used to cheap available tickets. To pay a premium price will require serious winning on the field. The fact Dan is gone helps but people won’t be paying $1000 per seat for a regular season game like it costs elsewhere. 

Yeah ultimately the product has to be good to justify paying that kind of price, but the D.C. area is very affluent. They'll spend if the team is fun to watch.