Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Offseason Mini Camp, OTA’s, Training Camp Discussion Thread: Hallelujah, Josh Harris & Co. Era Edition

Conn

1 minute ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Of course it's ****ing Saahdiq Charles! Completely missed a stunt was happening and recovered way too late. Someone please tell me Chris Paul is still getting 1st team reps!

For some reason they are higher on Charles than they are on Paul. smh

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Captain James said:

I'm just assuming we'll continue to be a bit of a "bend, don't break" type of defense. One that will continually do "just enough" to keep us in games but won't actually be dominant in the truest sense of the word. It's frustrating when teams still march up and down the field on us, but we still seem to limit points scored.

It'll be a great match for our O line.. they use the bend but not block technique... really.. they are ahead of our time in blocking. 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

As I mentioned yesterday, Keim said he understands they want Charles to win the job.  He referenced they like him better in space than they do Paul.

That's not the only reference I've heard that they like Charles ahtleticism more.  that confuses me considering Paul's RAS was really good.  But then I also heard he was out of shape last year but in better shape this year.  But wondering if its a conditioning thing with Paul?  

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As I mentioned yesterday, Keim said he understands they want Charles to win the job.  He referenced they like him better in space than they do Paul.

That's not the only reference I've heard that they like Charles ahtleticism more.  that confuses me considering Paul's RAS was really good.  But then I also heard he was out of shape last year but in better shape this year.  But wondering if its a conditioning thing with Paul?  

Sounds like Charles ends up in space rather often...after the D tackle pushes past him.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Conditioning being an issue for a pro athlete is like remembering verbs being an issue for a writer.  It just blows my effing mind that this is remotely a problem, especially in effing August..

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

Conditioning being an issue for a pro athlete is like remembering verbs being an issue for a writer.  It just blows my effing mind that this is remotely a problem, especially in effing August..

That takes me back to Albert Haynesworth failing is conditioning tests...several times.

O didn't look good at start, its almost like they realized the Ravens are douchebags and became aware that they're treating this like the SB. I like the fighting, keep it up. I hope to see some vid on that and I hope our guys won those fights.

Not that it matters, but I would love for our guys to end their undefeated streak. We seem to be pretty good at that, should be a fun preseason game and Howell gets to try again against the Ravens.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

this has also been obvious in the way they’ve acted.  

I actually wonder if Charles gets hurt or can’t do it, that’s the point they “do something”. 

Im not sure what “something” is. I wonder if they even want Paul to play at all.  

53 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If it’s a conditioning thing in year 2 that’s a bad sign.  Year 1 can be somewhat forgiven.  Year 2?  Not so much. 

I think more likely he doesn’t have the athleticism.  Mitch T. Said “he’s good in a phone booth, but not so good on the move.” I wonder if that’s something he can work on.  I mean, you CAN get faster through workouts. I mean, he’ll never be Darrell Green fast but you can pick up a step or two through workouts and explosion drills over time. 

1 hour ago, RVAskins said:

For some reason they are higher on Charles than they are on Paul. smh

See above.  Charles allows them to do more screen, sideline to sideline stuff because he’s more athletic.

But he’s not as powerful straight up and he gets hurt a lot.

So… good luck to him/them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Reading reports that the o-line held their own and Howell was sharp.

Must have been the parts where they were showing our D and not our O… because what I saw was not good for the OL

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

O didn't look good at start, its almost like they realized the Ravens are douchebags and became aware that they're treating this like the SB. I like the fighting, keep it up. I hope to see some vid on that and I hope our guys won those fights.

Not that it matters, but I would love for our guys to end their undefeated streak. We seem to be pretty good at that, should be a fun preseason game and Howell gets to try again against the Ravens.

Thats kind of our thing under RR, always start slow. Hoping to see that change this year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

didn't look good at start, its almost like they realized the Ravens are douchebags and became aware that they're treating this like the SB. I like the fighting, keep it up. I hope to see some vid on that and I hope our guys won those fights.

I’d like our team to treat preseason practices and games like SBs.  I don’t care if Harbaugh is a male rooster, he knows how to get his team prepared.  And they’re ALWAYS in the playoff conversation even when they lose key pieces.  

Id love him if he were our coach.  He’s not, so he’s a gigantic ****.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Thats kind of our thing under RR, always start slow. Hoping to see that change this year.

Ironically he’s 2-1 in openers.

btw, I’m predicting RonBot to come and reply to your post and say how he and the GMs are going to be fired soon, and nirvana will ensue after Harris gets his guys.  

In 3 …. 2…… 1…… 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’d like our team to treat preseason practices and games like SBs.  I don’t care if Harbaugh is a male rooster, he knows how to get his team prepared.  And they’re ALWAYS in the playoff conversation even when they lose key pieces.  

Id love him if he were our coach.  He’s not, so he’s a gigantic ****.

You misspelled "Douchebaugh"

If you lived in the Baltimore metro area, you'd see that a lot of Baltimore fans are sick of his act...

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, EatsMoreChicken said:

I mean...if his only bad play was giving up that sack, and every other play was good including picking up stunts then sure. But I've got strong doubts about Charles having an impressive session.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain James said:

I'm just assuming we'll continue to be a bit of a "bend, don't break" type of defense. One that will continually do "just enough" to keep us in games but won't actually be dominant in the truest sense of the word. It's frustrating when teams still march up and down the field on us, but we still seem to limit points scored.

Bend but don't break is great - if you consistently get turnovers. We haven't done that up until now really. Hopefully those turnover #s at least doubles this season

• Like 2