Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Offseason Mini Camp, OTA’s, Training Camp Discussion Thread: Hallelujah, Josh Harris & Co. Era Edition

Conn

8 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Forbes is gonna be like Fred Smoot. Every shoulder tackle Smoot made led to him getting up looking hurt or taking a play off. At least that’s how I remember it in my mind.

Yeah, but it also seemed like he limped back in and finished most of those games. Hopefully, Forbes has that toughness. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Yeah I guess nothing else really matters if you cant snap the damn ball

I really hope they're trying to bring Strom along. Odd that we spend our 3rd on a guy that RR is going to let sit, and then comment that he is "just" a C while simultaneously talking about the importance of position flex

Edited by bowhunter
  • Like 3

Finlay on air who has been at most practices incuding today saying D killing the O today -- one of the other guys from his show is there saying the D line is eating the O line for lunch.

Yesterday Finlay said the offense has a good day but he attributes it to it being a really light practice though.  Today its amped up with pads.

I can't post a bunch of tweets right now lol because a lot of expletives are in them. 

Screen Shot 2023-08-04 at 11.22.43 AM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Suddenly I hear my mother's voice in the back of my head yelling, we just can't have nice things!

weird, I also hear your mother’s voice in the back of my head yelling “we can’t have nice things!”

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I really hope they're trying to bring Strom along. Odd that we spend our 3rd on a guy that RR is going to let sit, and then comment that he is "just" a C while simultaneously talking about the importance of position flex

Very very odd. Like stocking the cupboard for the next family right as you close on selling your house. 

Wonder when it occurs to the defense that destroying the offense all camp is fun, but it also foreshadows that you’re about to have a very unfun season, lose all your coaches and favorite support staff, lose plenty of teammates, and suffer through 18 weeks of awkward media availability

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

We knew Forbes was an injury target. Hope it’s not serious but we should get used to hearing he’s got a lot of little issues.

McLaurin isn’t wrong about helping his teammate up, even if he only got that fired up because the O is being dominated. 

This isn’t going to be a fun year with our OL unless these guys somehow improve real fast.

• Like 6

My wife started a new job a few years ago and got an assistant that came over from another exec in a different department. "He's so great," she was told. "You are so lucky to be getting him." Well, right away she figured out he was not great, and that he had been passed about from vet exec to new exec over and over. The company didn't want to fire him because they were scared of a lawsuit over some nonsense.

This has been my fear with Eric B. That Andy Reid dumped him off on Ron. Hope I'm wrong, but early returns are far from promising. He appears to yell a lot. Did that at Colorado too, where his offense was historically inept. 

Edited by Hooper
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

Why would Andy Reid “dump” EB off on Ron if they are good friends? I like silly but that’s Naked Gun 33 1/3 level stuff.

Defense is legit. Offense is taking their lumps. New system, young QB, suspect OL. Not surprising.

I like guys getting chippy and leaders stepping in. I hope that edge shows up on Sundays. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1