Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Offseason Mini Camp, OTA’s, Training Camp Discussion Thread: Hallelujah, Josh Harris & Co. Era Edition

Conn

46 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You need a good QB to be able to run no huddle effectively with any consistency.

I call bunk, that the top 30 QBs in the world cannot run hurry up. Its not rocket science. In fact I think it simplifies things for those lessor QBs. Isn't it just like the 2 minute drill every team practices religiously? Hurry up is an unexpected 2 minute drill. Don't overthink it.

Our differences aside you also need an OC willing to take advantage of personnel mismatches.The game within the game. The OC must relinquish a little control and not have the luxury of making the QB hear his 20 word play call and do the extra work to install shorter play calls. Call 2 plays at once. He must trust his QB (just like on EVERY other play of the game) and not live off of substitutions. The OC can exploit any fat albert type DTs that are out of shape to gain an edge for his woeful OL, and be willing to take a chance of not making his OL take on fresh DLs every single play.

While Philly started subbing out non injured OLs (something I wanted to see for years now) - I don't foresee us doing anything that radical. I get pushback that OL cannot sub out because they need continuity. I call bunk on that too. I love when an young OL comes in because of injury and does great. Just like putting in blocking TEs and then passing, the same can be done with OL.Show one thing and do another to keep DCs guessing.

Edited by RandyHolt

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Just heard an alarming stat on Junkies. We only had nine rushing TDs last year and three were from the QBs.

Shockingly we actually weren't worst in the league.

Fun fact, our 2017 rushing statistics were even worse!

2022 QB's:

QB Rushing Yards - 217

QB's share of rushing yards - 10.1%

QB Rushing TD's - 3

QB's share of total rushing TD's - 33%

2017 QB (the blazing fast Kirk Cousins)

QB Rushing Yards - 179

QB's share of total rushing yards - 12.4%

QB Rushing TD's - 4

QB's share of total rushing TD's - 40%

13 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

How fast was he driving for a judge to reject 8 days in jail from the prosecution? Or is the judge looking to make an example of an NFL player? 

It could be that he was flying.  It also could be that he was just a little over the limit for reckless driving, but the judge is mad it was his second one in a year a half.  Judge may feel like he didn't learn his lesson.

Edited by philibusters

8 days for doing 85 doesn't sound reasonable unless it was in a crowded parking lot, and that got thrown out?  In Georgia, the state where everyone believes they are Vin Diesel, you can get caught going 130 in an accident that killed people, and where you fled the scene, and never do any time so long as you play football for UGA.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Hard to get a trade for someone of real quality at this stage of the year unless there is a holdout or contract issue - and I’m not aware of any situations like that for O’line.

I think late cuts is where we could look if things look rocky during preseason. 

Only one I can think of right now will never happen, and that's HoF RG for the Cowboys Zach Martin who is skipping training camp for a new contract. Didn't the Bengals former LT, and now RT Jonah Williams request a trade back in March? That's probably been all smoothed over by now though.

I think Dalton Risner, former 2nd round Guard for the Broncos might be the only FA left with significant snaps played that's under the age of 30. It's kind of crazy, all the FA OL left to sign are all like 33 and older. No idea why Risner is not on any team.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

8 days for doing 85 doesn't sound reasonable unless it was in a crowded parking lot, and that got thrown out?  In Georgia, the state where everyone believes they are Vin Diesel, you can get caught going 130 in an accident that killed people, and where you fled the scene, and never do any time so long as you play football for UGA.

There was a fatality in a related crash. It’s the Everett incident in which is girlfriend died. 

114 in a 45 is beyond stupid. Someone died as well in another car that was following him.

But Everett was driving the car that crashed didn’t do time as I recall. That said the judge is quite right to want more consideration here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, MartinC said:

114 in a 45 is beyond stupid. Someone died as well in another car that was following him.

But Everett was driving the car that crashed didn’t do time as I recall. That said the judge is quite right to want more consideration here.

Great. Our only real LB is going to do time for being irresponsible. Fantastic.

1 minute ago, Daniel.redskins said:

I've supported Davis a lot more than others, but this is inexcusable.  What a flipping idiot.  114mph sounds like jail time.  He doesn't deserve a long term deal from anyone and will probably be released.  

Davis is stupid for driving that fast, but I don't think he's going anywhere given the state of the LB position on this team.  They aren't exactly filled with Pro Bowlers at the position at this point

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Great. Our only real LB is going to do time for being irresponsible. Fantastic.

I think Cody Barton (FA from Seattle) and Hudson are getting the most snaps at LB this summer. Dumb by Davis, but not sure this is a real loss to the defense overall. Pretty unimpressed by Davis on and off the field.

29 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Yeah 114 in a 45 is insane.  He should do time for that, especially coming on the heels of the previous ticket.

• Like 2

Such stupidity man, and the fact he didn’t learn from his previous speeding incident…and even worse if it’s the same event where Everett’s girlfriend died. He absolutely deserves jail time more than 8 days. He probably deserves more than the 30 he already appealed if I’m being honest . 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Such stupidity man, and the fact he didn’t learn from his previous speeding incident…and even worse if it’s the same event where Everett’s girlfriend died. He absolutely deserves jail time more than 8 days. He probably deserves more than the 30 he already appealed if I’m being honest . 

I concur, not a good showing for the new owners either smdh

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Conn said:

Everett got 3 months house arrest. No actual jail time.

I think he got off very lightly. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

I've supported Davis a lot more than others, but this is inexcusable.  What a flipping idiot.  114mph sounds like jail time.  He doesn't deserve a long term deal from anyone and will probably be released.  

He’s done here. Especially under new ownership. Example will be set. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I just don't understand, I drive the Loudoun County Parkway frequently as well as 28 and 7, and you'd never see me exceed 50 on a public highway like that especially one with constant intersections and stop lights. Heck the other day I drove that highway at 11 at night after the women's world Cup game and I was going 50 lol.

Why would anyone want to drive that damn fast.

13 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I just don't understand, I drive the Loudoun County Parkway frequently as well as 28 and 7, and you'd never see me exceed 50 on a public highway like that especially one with constant intersections and stop lights. Heck the other day I drove that highway at 11 at night after the women's world Cup game and I was going 50 lol.

I just hope you keep your ass to the right lane if you’re going under the speed limit 😑. Lol just joking.

(But seriously, stay in the right lane)

Going 114 in a 45 is wild though. Doing this after already getting in trouble is crazy. Dude has a problem. Should really cut him. 

They aren’t going to cut a 1st round pick for reckless driving. That’s ridiculous. 

But, how stupid can you be? I hope he does a little time. In the off-season.  Hopefully that whole episode will be a good learning point for the rest of the team. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Vikings rookie WR Addison just got arrested for going like 144 mph on the highway. Can you imagine the arrogance and disregard for human life to do that for any reason? He gave some bull**** excuse that his dog was having an emergency at home. Okay. As if that would excuse anything. Some people are just selfish and incapable of seeing beyond a two minute window. I was in my early 20’s once, it’s not an excuse for **** like this. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

They aren’t going to cut a 1st round pick for reckless driving. That’s ridiculous. 

But, how stupid can you be? I hope he does a little time. In the off-season.  Hopefully that whole episode will be a good learning point for the rest of the team. 

You're probably right.  But this is a bad look in his season to prove he deserves the 5th year option.  If he doesn't play lights out he's gone this off-season.