Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

10 hours ago, KDawg said:

Mine is:

1. Marvin Harrison Jr - don't overthink this. He is the class of the class.

2. Malik Nabers

3. Ladd McConkey

4. Xavier Legette

5. Rome Odunze

6. Troy Franklin

7. Brian Thomas

8. Roman Wilson

9. Ricky Pearsall

10. Malachi Corley

Very different than a lot of people's. 

Most different is I don't understand the Brian Thomas love other than speed... and then I think Worthy is faster. Thomas just has more size. 

Thomas is a frikin beast. He is unstoppable after the catch. He is my #3 over Odunze. I do like your list though. Funny thing is WR, like every other position, matters where they end up and who is throwing them the ball. I will say though that Nabers and Thomas made Daniels look WAY better than he is in reality. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’m with you. I try to double up at WR when I’m playing around with the mock simulator.

Yeah I’ve doubled up on OT (assuming one or both can play guard) and/or WR (one being more of a slot and the other bigger or an X and a Z, etc. 

I think CB is also a huge need. We may not have a single CB on the roster that is a scheme fit.

12 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Do you think Powers-Johnson would not be able to play LG?

I think a guy with his size and strength is more than capable of playing guard. Which he did in college, incidentally, during his sophomore.

For me, if either of those guys makes it to 36, they’re the starting LG next season — and eventually taking over the C spot from Biadasz. 

I do agree about Frazier, though. He’s a bit more of a fire hydrant, I see him more as center only.

I assumed Powers Johnson was solid 1st but yeah he would be also.

Would be perfect because they could probably earn LG spot as rookie and then take over for Badisz in a few years.

Edited by seantaylor=god
  • Like 1

I get the vibe between the press conference, Keim harping on he knows they internally harp on how valuable they feel their picks are, and looking at their prodays -- that they aren't trading up into the first.

Screen Shot 2024-04-18 at 8.36.26 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

This won’t happen but my tentative ideal might be Chop at 36, best OT at 40, then some combo of CB, WR, TE in the 3rd if it falls well for us 

I can't see Chop falling to the 2nd.  I think if he's still on the board, Arizona takes him at 27.  Even if he lasts to day 2, Carolina (33 (to replace Burns (they can take WR with their other early 2nd))) and Arizona (34) could also take him.  The Cards have a drastic need for edge.

Heck, some teams may not have Latu on their boards because of the medical flags and thus, may have Chop as edge 3.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Been watching Chop in the Hey Rookie show on ESPN.  Good showcase for some of these guys personality.

I talked years ago here watching M. Parsons on that show and about how Alpha and uber competitive Parsons came off. 

Chop is a totally different cat based on that show so far.  Very chill and laid back.  He comes off likeable but wonder if he's missing that dog in him as to personality.

But as a player, his burst off the edge is insane.  So love to have him.  I doubt he gets out of the first round.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Been watching Chop in the Hey Rookie show on ESPN.  Good showcase for some of these guys personality.

I had never heard of that show until 10 minutes ago. I’m at the gym and was walking on the treadmill and it was on. Ironically, they were showing chop.

24 minutes ago, Conn said:

This won’t happen but my tentative ideal might be Chop at 36, best OT at 40, then some combo of CB, WR, TE in the 3rd if it falls well for us 

Personally, I'm not that high on Chop.  Tools are as special as it gets, but he just isn't an impact player.  Maybe that changes if you give him a featured role in a Dan Quinn defense, I don't know.  But I don't like making those kinds of bets.  To me, Jonah Elliss, Bralen Trice, and Austin Booker are all much better players, all in that second tier of edge rusher behind the top four guys (Verse, Turner, Latu, D Robinson), and all likely to be cheaper than Chop.

My ideal scenario is to get Kingsley Suamataia and either Xavier Legette or Ladd McConkey or Kool-Aid McKinstry with 36 and 40.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

I like betting on special, rare traits at edge. Arguably the most important thing a guy can have as a pass rusher, makes up for a lot of sins with the right coaching. I see the questions about his demeanor and inconsistency though 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

My ideal scenario is to get Kingsley Suamataia and either Xavier Legette or Ladd McConkey or Kool-Aid McKinstry with 36 and 40.

I don't like Legette but agree on the rest. Saumataia and McConkey would be a nutty haul.

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

Personally, I'm not that high on Chop.  Tools are as special as it gets, but he just isn't an impact player.  Maybe that changes if you give him a featured role in a Dan Quinn defense, I don't know.  But I don't like making those kinds of bets.  To me, Jonah Elliss, Bralen Trice, and Austin Booker are all much better players, all in that second tier of edge rusher behind the top four guys (Verse, Turner, Latu, D Robinson), and all likely to be cheaper than Chop.

I am still holding hope for Robinson to fall to 36. Funny, with your second tier I don't love any of them but am most intrigued by Elliss who is really the opposite player of Robinson. It feels like 36 an 40 are too early for him. I am still to the belief Peters will use one of these picks to move back a little in order to add picks. I would be more comfortable with Elliss in the mid/later 2nd.   

Grabbing XL or Ladd would be a significant weapon boost for a new QB and OC. A falling T to protect him would be the other best usage of the 2nd round. If it falls differently it's got to be CB or the Edge like mentioned. We are in such a good spot with the depth of talent in our needs area. Will throw in TE which is not at all deep.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I get the vibe between the press conference, Keim harping on he knows they internally harp on how valuable they feel their picks are, and looking at their prodays -- that they aren't trading up into the first.

May it be Jordan Morgan from Arizona.  One can hope and I hope he's the pick at #36.  

• Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

We can say that Harrison is an amazing prospect, while also saying Nabers is an amazing prospect. Having Harrison at WR2 might not be a knock on Harrison, but simply a credit to Nabers also being at that level.

In the past 10 drafts, the only two WR's that I think are as good prospects as Harrison and Nabers are 2014 Amari Cooper and 2021 Jamarr Chase. Just 2 guys in 10 years at that level makes it rare. Even rarer is that 2024 somehow has 2 other guys at that level too. It's a unique draft.

I have Odunze too in this top 5 group with Cooper and Chase. My fantasy is moving up to get him if he is at the ATL pick. Don’t overthink it with him either - no weaknesses in his game. He is going to light it up next year if he gets to pair with Kirk

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah, this was my biggest takeaway from the presser.  That and the positive energy and synergy going on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think there’s an outside chance we trade to the later first round to get an OT. I can also see us taking OT later on too. Bring a couple in.

Either way, Peters seemed very chilled about it. He’s probably thinking, damn this draft is almost perfect for us. 

Edited by Est.1974

Landing both Maye and Fashanu would be incredible. If you hit on both youre getting elite play at two premium positions for pennies for 4-5 years and really set yourself up for success.

Dont see it happening though. Fashanu wont fall that far and Peters PC he kinda implied he likes the depth at T and doesn’t wanna give up draft capital.

Fashanu is legit, but I think Peters is going to earn his money and find value with those early seconds.  Personally, I think I would rather have Kingsley and Legette than just Fashanu, and I think it is realistic to get both at 36 and 40.

We can still have a home run draft without both 36 and 40, but it's harder to get a ton of value from our picks without those.  Especially when we'd be moving up to the mid teens and picking Fashanu around his slot.

• Like 1