Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

7 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

No way Robinson makes it to 36.  He's scheduled to attend the draft.  The NFL isn't inviting players to sit all day and not get picked.

Chop? He'll probably end up goign 1st round you're right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PlayAction said:

2nd:  Jordan Morgan, Arizona, OT

2nd:  Darius Robinson, Missouri, EDGE

That would be a very fortunate outcome! Also one that would make a trade back scenario a tough decision...And you know they'd like to trade back from one of those 2 spots to gain another pick or two

48 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

No way Robinson makes it to 36.  He's scheduled to attend the draft.  The NFL isn't inviting players to sit all day and not get picked.

You have the script? Who we taking at 2?

• Haha 2

Exactly two weeks from this time now, we'll know who Washington's pick at #2 is (unless they trade down).

The anticipation is building up. So is the tension.

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

It has in the past, plenty of times. They've only invited 13 this year, but they invited 17 in 2023 and 21 in 2022. In 2019 22 prospects attended.

In 2023, the following guys who went to the combine were picked in the 2nd round:

• Joey Porter Jr
  • Will Levis
  • Brian Branch
  • Keion White

In 2022, these guys went to the combine and were picked in the 2nd round:

• Kyler Gordon

Same draft (2022), these guys went to the combine and were picked in the 3rd round:

• Nakobe Dean (picked #83)
  • Malik Willis (picked #86)
  • Matt Corral (picked #94)

In 2019, these guys went to the combine and were picked in the 2nd round:

• Jawaan Taylor
  • Cody Ford
  • Drew Lock
  • Greedy Williams
  • DK Metcalf (#64, last pick in 2nd round)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It definitely happens, but it's always difficult to watch for them. I'm not sure how many were invited.  All i read was 13 accepted invitations.  I'm sure the kids don't want to chance it and would rather be at home with family too unless they are pretty sure they will be going rd. 1 

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

What do you define as elite? To me elite is someone you can make a legit case for as the best in the league at his position. But not every position impacts the game the same. An elite SS isn't as near as impactful as an elite WR for example.

I'd say the Chiefs had four last year: Mahomes, Kelce, Humphrey, and Jones. For the Ravens I'd say two in Jackson and Hamilton. Bills only Allen(Diggs fell off hard but he'd be in that in years past). Niners I'd say four as well: McCaffery and Williams on offense and Bosa and Greenlaw on defense(MAYBE Samuel, he's such a unique player though and is basically positionless its hard to really say, he's more of an x factor than an elite cornerstone player IMO).

Fred Warner?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RWJ said:

PA, it's a tough call.  Yes, IF we could land FASHANU by giving up our #36 and #40, I'd do it. Morgan will be a OG in the NFL due to his arm length.  FASHANU is a excellent pass blocker but needs to work on run blocking.  We need bookend OTs.  Rosengartnen could be had in the 3rd at RT.  Got to protect our QB.  

I’d be annoyed with that unless we got a 3rd back

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

In 2023, the following guys who went to the combine were picked in the 2nd round:

• Brian Branch
  • Keion White

It still kills me neither of these guys lasted just one more pick

I'm sure Quan will become a good player but dang when at pick 45 I was so excited we'd get one of these 2 players

16 hours ago, Going Commando said:

What are you talking about?  He had a 75 grade from PFF at RT as a rookie. He had a 72 grade juggling between RT and RG in '22, and played most of his snaps injured on top of that.  He's always been good and was one of the only legit good draft picks Ron made.  He would be fine at tackle too.  Last season was as much about him gaining veterancy, making it through the whole year healthy, and having some stability beside and behind him as anything.  He's one of the best athletes at OL in the league, he could definitely play RT.

This is why so many of us question the PFF grades.  We all saw Cosmi at RT, and just as was the case with Scherff it was obvious that Cosmi's best position was guard and not right tackle.  You put players in the best position to succeed, there was a reason he was moved to guard, so that's where he should stay in most people's opinion.  

8 hours ago, Forehead said:

The Will Levis one was especially tough.  You could see his girlfriend getting progressively more annoyed as the night went on.

The thing I remembered about that draft is they had a camera at the Kenny Picket household  They cut to them as it went into the 2nd half of the first round and it looked like someone had died.  I guess he expected to go top 10 which was nonsense, he went where he was mocked to go. That and his fake slide made him an easy guy for me to root against.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

Is there any way to read Dane Brugler's the Beast outside of subscribing to the website?  Can I just buy it for like 19.99 somewhere?  (and is it in physical book form so I can read it on the toilet?)

9 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Or kittle? Or hufanga?

Defiintely forgot about Warner. I don't think Kittle is elite anymore. Hufanga...maybe. Probably needs one more year of high level play.

The 9ers are really stacked though. They're basically the NFL version of the Utah Jazz of the 90s and unfortunately ran into Michael Jordan twice.

54 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Is there any way to read Dane Brugler's the Beast outside of subscribing to the website?  Can I just buy it for like 19.99 somewhere?  (and is it in physical book form so I can read it on the toilet?)

You can buy it by getting a cheap subscription and then download the Beast (it's a 300 page PDF). I don't know what the deal is currently, but they used to have a 1 month trial for $1.

• Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, Forehead said:

The Will Levis one was especially tough.  You could see his girlfriend getting progressively more annoyed as the night went on.

Yep....and she eventually dumped him. 

21 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Defiintely forgot about Warner. I don't think Kittle is elite anymore. Hufanga...maybe. Probably needs one more year of high level play.

The 9ers are really stacked though. They're basically the NFL version of the Utah Jazz of the 90s and unfortunately ran into Michael Jordan twice.

Kittle is interesting, his usage is causing him to age a bit like a RB. His dominant athleticism has waned taking a beating like he does. He's also not a plus sized monster like Gronk. Kittle is slightly bigger than Brock Bowers, which also goes to show how Bowers should be used otherwise his skills could deteriorate faster. We know nothing of Bowers testing other than he looks fluid on tape. He declined to be tested at the Combine, Georgia Pro Day, and then the special Pro Day he did with Mims.

Bowers is really enticing, but there are a lot of red flags from his smaller size, probably not the crazy Kittle levels of athleticism, and the pounding an in-line TE can take. If he's just a move TE that's basically a Big Nickel that occasionally blocks linebackers, ok, cool. But that's not someone you draft as early as he's hyped.

15 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

You can buy it by getting a cheap subscription and then download the Beast (it's a 300 page PDF). I don't know what the deal is currently, but they used to have a 1 month trial for $1.

Just remember to cancel!

I got it last year before the draft on a discount with the same idea, then I decided to stick around for all the post draft articles and I basically forgot I had the subscription until it was almost draft time again, so if course I had to stick around for that.

Which reminds me not to forget this time. Just wanna see the post draft articles first.

Uh oh...

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, mhd24 said:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-draft-green-room-players-left-will-levis-undrafted/hmjnudeusio0mdppxzacvoar

I mean you could be right, but an invite is no guarantee.

edit: super slow.  But links?!? 

Edited by CommDownMan

D Robinson looks like a comic book character.  I'm not sure I've seen a DL carry 300 pounds so easily, with so much tapering at the waist.  It's like there are 150 pounds of muscle in his shoulders.  He has the build of Colossus from X-Men in his non metal form.  When you consider the freakish stature along with how dominant he was at the SB, it seems really clear to me that he should be a first round pick.  It's something the league shouldn't miss, and they usually don't.

But if they do, then he is probably at the top of my wish list for 36, and would definitely keep me from trading down at that spot.

After him, I guess my preference is for Morgan, Chop, or Ladd.  I can be sold on some DBs too.  I don't think Kool-Aid will be there.  He's consistently been a first round pick over the last year, and he had a good season.  Corners with man/zone versatility and good size usually rise on draft day rather than fall.

Edited by Going Commando
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

D Robinson looks like a comic book character.  I'm not sure I've seen a DL carry 300 pounds so easily, with so much tapering at the waist.  It's like there are 150 pounds of muscle in his shoulders.  He has the build of Colossus from X-Men in his non metal form.  When you consider the freakish stature along with how dominant he was at the SB, it seems really clear to me that he should be a first round pick.  It's something the league shouldn't miss, and they usually don't.

But if they do, then he is probably at the top of my wish list for 36, and would definitely keep me from trading down at that spot.

After him, I guess my preference is for Morgan, Chop, or Ladd.  I can be sold on some DBs too.  I don't think Kool-Aid will be there.  He's consistently been a first round pick over the last year, and he had a good season.  Corners with man/zone versatility and good size usually rise on draft day rather than fall.

I just don't see him fall to us unfortunately GC.  His floor is probably SF at 31.  They need DL help badly (along with OL help).  He's battling to be edge 4 with Chop.  Arizona is going to take an edge at either 27 or 34.  

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

I think almost no shot Robinson is there at 36.  Had a big proday apparently.  His stock dropped according to some at the combine but feels like the momentum is gained back.

Chop is boom-bust but his boom especially with this coaching staff intrigues me.  Really tough for me to pass on Ladd.  I think if Robinson is gone, I'd go Ladd.  

As for pass rushers, am guessing early 3rd won't be bad:  Kneeland, Isaac, Braswell, Booker, Trice maybe?

I recall we both like Elliss but without the measurable and his length not being hot maybe that's why I often see him in the 4th-5th round range in some mocks.

Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 12.56.05 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1