Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Commanders 2023 UDFA's

Nitwit248

WR is gonna be interesting to watch in camp for multiple reasons:

1). EB is here and will have certain things he's looking for.

2). We really only have 3 guys locked in on the roster since Cam Sims left. 

3). We signed some very interesting guys after the draft who could win a job if they have a good summer. 

4). EB brought in the special teams ace from KC so he may have an edge on everyone.

5). Will Slingin Sammy bring out the best in Dyami Brown? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This team could use just a few live bodies at RB, WR, QB, and LB. It seems they've tried to address the first two at least some, but man this team just hates, hates, hates LBs. It seems to run back the same dumpster diving rejects every year. If Jamon Davis or Cody Barton gets hurt, it's basically nothing more that waiver wire fodder. And I guess they like Jake Fromm enough they don't want to even bother with someone else. weird, but okay.

7 hours ago, Jericho said:

but man this team just hates, hates, hates LBs. It seems to run back the same dumpster diving rejects every year. If Jamon Davis or Cody Barton gets hurt, 

So baffling with both a head coach and DC being exLBers....

8 hours ago, Jericho said:

This team could use just a few live bodies at RB, WR, QB, and LB. It seems they've tried to address the first two at least some, but man this team just hates, hates, hates LBs. It seems to run back the same dumpster diving rejects every year. If Jamon Davis or Cody Barton gets hurt, it's basically nothing more that waiver wire fodder. And I guess they like Jake Fromm enough they don't want to even bother with someone else. weird, but okay.

Jamin Davis

Cody Barton

Nate Gerry

David Mayo

Khaleke Hudson

Maybe they'll pick up a vet that gets cut? Doubtful right? 4-2-5 defense looks like the way we'll go this year. 

Bears got Bagnet. Good spot for him.

11 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Jamin Davis

Cody Barton

Nate Gerry

David Mayo

Khaleke Hudson

Maybe they'll pick up a vet that gets cut? Doubtful right? 4-2-5 defense looks like the way we'll go this year. 

How on earth could you ever forget Milo Eifer? They're very high on him.  :ols:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Bears got Bagnet. Good spot for him.

How on earth could you ever forget Milo Eifer? They're very high on him.  :ols:

Washington would have been better for Bagnet ;) 

Again this year, I am going to hang high hopes on Hudson proving his worth!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Jamin Davis

Cody Barton

Nate Gerry

David Mayo

Khaleke Hudson

Who am I forgetting? Wasn't there a kid from Notre Dam who was an UDFA or some type of addition last year?

edit: Drew White. Isn't he still with the team?

Edited by bowhunter

16 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Who am I forgetting? Wasn't there a kid from Notre Dam who was an UDFA or some type of addition last year?

edit: Drew White. Isn't he still with the team?

Yes I believe he is and yes, seem to recall them talking him up before being injured

Commanders signed Fordham QB Tim DeMorat.

Initially rumored to be joining the Jets, DeMorat (6’4/219) will instead sign with Washington. DeMorat earned the starting job at Fordham as a true freshman in 2018 and never looked back. He closed out his career with the Rams in impressive fashion, chucking a 4,891-56-10 line and earning first-team All-American honors at the FCS ranks. He excelled on deep passes in 2022 per Pro Football Focus, completing 58-of-127 attempts for 2,161 yards and 36 touchdowns, and should have no trouble stretching the field against NFL defenses. His height allows him to see downfield and process his reads, and he’s willing to make plays with his feet when things break down. Still, DeMorat is a developmental player whose accuracy and decision-making proved erratic at times. He’ll look to become the first Fordham quarterback since John Skelton (2010-2013) to start an NFL game.

May 1, 2023, 11:14 AM ET
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Initially rumored to be joining the Jets, DeMorat (6’4/219) will instead sign with Washington. DeMorat earned the starting job at Fordham as a true freshman in 2018 and never looked back. He closed out his career with the Rams in impressive fashion, chucking a 4,891-56-10 line and earning first-team All-American honors at the FCS ranks. He excelled on deep passes in 2022 per Pro Football Focus, completing 58-of-127 attempts for 2,161 yards and 36 touchdowns, and should have no trouble stretching the field against NFL defenses. His height allows him to see downfield and process his reads, and he’s willing to make plays with his feet when things break down. Still, DeMorat is a developmental player whose accuracy and decision-making proved erratic at times. He’ll look to become the first Fordham quarterback since John Skelton (2010-2013) to start an NFL game.

He was pretty much a statue in the pocket in this game.

:229:The Rook

2 hours ago, DWinzit said:

More highlights:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

Feels like a jugs machine with a pulse for OTAs more than a legit QB3 lie we need. Maybe I am incorrect but not that exciting

Your 3 is a jugs machine with a pulse or a flyer (whose usually going to be a late round pick).

posted this eons ago on the draft thread, good watch, showcases his background some

Listened to his interview on Grant-Danny.

He can down 10-12 slices of pizza.  Came off a nice dude-solid.  I've heard him interviewed before so it reinfoced that

Thought that was a good fit for him.  After meeting with people in the building.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

Your 3 is a jugs machine with a pulse or a flyer (whose usually going to be a late round pick).

Well, I usually like to have some confidence that QB3 has the potential to be a good backup if QB1 and 2 were unavailable for a game.

What little I knew of this kid to this point, I am not feeling it. Hope I am wrong

10 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Jamin Davis

Cody Barton

Nate Gerry

David Mayo

Khaleke Hudson

Hudson showed something last year in the finale. He is a small small dude however at 6-0 220 with 29.5 inch arms. He's fine as a 5th LB. However, they need two more guys. You've failed if Mayo or Gerry are on the season opening roster. It was a shame they did not sign Anthony Walker when they brought him in.

There are competent players to be had now. Kwon Alexander, Zach Cunningham, Damien Wilson, Rashaan Evans and Jayon Brown would all be depth upgrades. The issue is most of these guys won't play special teams. I think that it is fine to have your primary backup not play special teams. Find a way to work around that

I have a friend who graduated from Tulane and still gets to a lot of games down there. He told me he thinks Wallace can make the team, even just special teams, and kind of surprised he was not drafted. Great character, great work ethic, and even though his numbers might not be of a stand out nature, doesn't mean anything.

Of course he has some Green Wave bias haha, but still encouraging. Interested to see what the kid can do.

Edited by Cool Hwhip
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RVAskins said:

DeMorat's mechanics are awful but that's why you have coaches.

Because he is associate with the team, I'm pulling for him.  I'm also pulling for the coaches because they have some work to do.

Realistically, he seems to throw a good short to mid-range z out and has some deep ball strength.  He will be very useful for OTA's and training camp.  Of course, I only watched the one game so it is just a cursory opinion.

Meme Think GIF

:229:The Rook 

On 5/1/2023 at 6:44 AM, DWinzit said:

So baffling with both a head coach and DC being exLBers....

Traditional off the ball linebackers are becoming extinct - or at least evolving - in the NFL. 

For a start there are only a max of 2 on the field most of the time as teams are in nickel as base. And in nickel replacing 1 of the 2 with a hybrid ‘Buffalo’ safety is the trend (that’s why we drafted Martin). 

The backers who remain need to be able to cover and run with move TEs who are more big slots so they are trending lighter - 225 ish not 235+. 

It’s just not a position NFL teams value. 

• Like 1